Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Toxic lockerroom players speak
(11-24-2020, 12:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: They only gave Dick LeBeau two drafts to fix this team before he was replaced.

You pick and choose what you want to say. Very one sided. You should get into politics...

Since Mike took over

Shula- 5 years
Coslet- 5 years
LeBeau- 2 years head coach and 1 interm
Lewis- 16 years

How confident are you with your repeating post that doesn’t paint an accurate picture at all that Taylor will be gone next year? Would you care to bet on it if your so certain. I’m calling you out. 
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 12:46 PM)Nately120 Wrote: ZT being hired had a bit of a "getting a Turbo Grafix 16 when the other kids got a Sega Genesis/Super Nintendo" kinda Christmas. 

Man, talk about a blast from the past.  I remember drooling over the Turbo Grafix in the video game magazines me and my friends would look at.  We would say shit like "Can you believe the graphics on that thing?"

I never actually saw one in the wild though.  Never saw a store display, and never knew anyone that had one.  Doesn't matter though, in my head it's still state of the art.  I'd take one over a PS5.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 12:34 PM)GodFather Wrote: Obvious serious division in the locker room. This type,of environment will win you what 2-4 games a year?

Not shocking to me at all.

Turner has a long history of his toxicity. Lou shouldn’t even be a DC in the NFL, I don’t know anyone who,is a fan of him other than Zac Taylor.

Bottom line if season is over and everything is status quo for 2021, don’t expect anything different.

I think you're putting the cart before the horse...a toxic locker room doesn't make you win 2-4 games; a 2-4 win team is more likely to have a toxic locker room.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 12:50 PM)GodFather Wrote: How confident are you with your repeating post that doesn’t paint an accurate picture at all that Taylor will be gone next year? Would you care to bet on it if your so certain. I’m calling you out. 

I am not saying anything for certain.

I am just pointing out your lies.

You might not like actual facts, but it is a fact that Dick LeBeau was just given 2 drafts to fix this team.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 12:55 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Man, talk about a blast from the past.  I remember drooling over the Turbo Grafix in the video game magazines me and my friends would look at.  We would say shit like "Can you believe the graphics on that thing?"

I never actually saw one in the wild though.  Never saw a store display, and never knew anyone that had one.  Doesn't matter though, in my head it's still state of the art.  I'd take one over a PS5.

On a non-football note I've been playing TG16 CD games on my computer since I totally missed the system.  The Ys series is pretty great in a retro way.

Also, I'm playing old as hell games that came out AFTER our most recent playoff win...come on, man.

[Image: 2C_nAts04bTNoO2Qtq-IpqLl-L0hLe2fVg8dZTOG...OvrD-JWtew]

THAT right there is more recent than a Bengals playoff win.  Lordy loo!
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 01:04 PM)Nately120 Wrote: On a non-football note I've been playing TG16 CD games on my computer since I totally missed the system.  The Ys series is pretty great in a retro way.

Also, I'm playing old as hell games that came out AFTER our most recent playoff win...come on, man.

[Image: 2C_nAts04bTNoO2Qtq-IpqLl-L0hLe2fVg8dZTOG...OvrD-JWtew]

THAT right there is more recent than a Bengals playoff win.  Lordy loo!

That's not impressive.

I've played... 31 titles since March, all on 7th gen consoles or prior, where only 5 of them were made before our last playoff win. Tongue

The state of Retro Gaming is not great, sadly Sad
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 11:26 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I feel that ZT will be let go this offseason.

Mike does the right thing ala waits till the end of the season but I have to imagine this isn’t good enough even with his low standards.

Question is who the hell will want to come here if its status quo, MB still pulling strings, small scouting dept, no GM etc.?
Remember before they finally signed (or settled on)ZT the coaches that turned it down? some from college football, I think Del Rio too.
The only real carrot Bengals have is IF Burrow can make it back by next yr...and who wouldn't want to coach him? He proved he is a true legit QB which is a HUGE deal for any new coach. Mixon coming back too is good along with the cap friendly rookie QB contract.
Whomever it is, the person has to have a true resume of success in the league. and I think Zimmer would be awsome. 
Reply/Quote
First off:

I hate dueling threads can we merge?

Secondly, we didn't make a mistake hiring a young offensive minded HC, we made a mistake by trying to make him the 'adult' on the coaching staff.

Just take a look at a few of the young offensive gurus hired whose teams are succeeding and tell me what thier DCs have in common:

HC: Kliff Kingsbury DC: Vance Joseph

HC: Matt LaFluer DC: Mike Pettine

HC: Sean McVay: DC: Wade Phillips
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 12:37 PM)Whatever Wrote: It wasn't?

Carson Palmer retirement threats.

Chad drama.

Player mutiny against Teryl Austin.

1.) Chad and Carson's beef happened with management and not Marvin. 

2.) What muntiy against Austin? He was fired for sucking as he should have been but I never saw a muntiy against him from the players.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 12:55 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Man, talk about a blast from the past.  I remember drooling over the Turbo Grafix in the video game magazines me and my friends would look at.  We would say shit like "Can you believe the graphics on that thing?"

It was pretty cool back in the day.  One of the neighborhood kids had one.  

They put out a mini awhile back, similar to the NES Classic.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 01:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am not saying anything for certain.

I am just pointing out your lies.

You might not like actual facts, but it is a fact that Dick LeBeau was just given 2 drafts to fix this team.

Speaking of lies you turned your past posts of 2 seasons to two drafts. Cause he was head coach longer than that. 

Work on your arguments Colonel. 
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 12:59 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I think you're putting the cart before the horse...a toxic locker room doesn't make you win 2-4 games; a 2-4 win team is more likely to have a toxic locker room.

What came first the chicken or the egg?   Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 01:23 PM)J24 Wrote: 1.) Chad and Carson's beef happened with management and not Marvin. 

2.) What muntiy against Austin? He was fired for sucking as he should have been but I never saw a muntiy against him from the players.

Chad literally punched a coach at halftime.  That's not a management beef.

Marvin said himself in his presser that the player's got Austin fired and he was taking over the D because they couldn't do the same to him.

Not to mention piss poor discipline, off field drama, and guys being guaranteed a starting job for life no matter how much they underperformed.

That's not to say the culture is good currently, but it's very much revisionist history to say Marvin built some great culture.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 01:30 PM)Whatever Wrote: Chad literally punched a coach at halftime.  That's not a management beef.

Marvin said himself in his presser that the player's got Austin fired and he was taking over the D because they couldn't do the same to him.

Not to mention piss poor discipline, off field drama, and guys being guaranteed a starting job for life no matter how much they underperformed.

That's not to say the culture is good currently, but it's very much revisionist history to say Marvin built some great culture.

I'd still take Marvin and his staff over Taylor and his.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 01:30 PM)Whatever Wrote: Chad literally punched a coach at halftime.  That's not a management beef.

So tell me what is Zac building here.....or more apptely what is he destroying in Cincy?
Thats right JBs knee that one thing he has destroyed.

At least Marvin actually won in the AFC North and was at the least competitive. Oh thats he had the Bengals in the playoffs 
In 3 years time.
Reply/Quote
Will be interesting to see what happens without Burrow in that locker room. Seems like they respected him as the team leader so if the articles true then this could get interesting without him around.

I liked them hiring a young offensive coach but it sounds like they need someone who will bring respect with them (can Goodell make them give us Bellichick, Reid or Payton please??)

Maybe they need a guy like Del Rio as head coach. I know he had his own struggles but he seemed like a no-BS guy. Anyone else like that out there that you like?
Reply/Quote
So the media puts out an article about this AFTER Burrow goes down, and most of you take this and add it to your "ZT Sucks cuz reasons" agendas. Ya'll don't think there's a chance that now that (guessing) 70% + of the fan base won't be even tuning into anything football related that they're grasping at straws trying to reel folks back in? I'll admit, right when I saw the headlines I instantly thought Jim Turner, perhaps Anarumo based on his issues with Dunlap, but nothing I've seen in any way would make sense to implicate Taylor.

As a fun comparison of what people "know", I've also been told for going on 10 or so years now that my Wildcats championships will have an asterisk because Calipari is a cheater, etc. Media articles, message boards, everything.

TLDR: Don't take the bait.

This fanbase is approaching a Cleveland level of pitchforking, and I'm saddened to see this. if Taylor sucks next year when he has a fair chance with a roster, I'll happily concede that it's time to go. But kneejerk reactions based on this sample size, considering all the other factors that DO MATTER, will just set us back a few more years.
Reply/Quote
I’d very much prefer the locker room culture of the Marvin era to what is described in this article, but to say Marvin Lewis never had culture issues is glossing over a lot. I get time heals all wounds, but do you guys not remember all the times we as Bengals fans complained about how complacent the team was? How the veterans were able to get by with too much? How the team fell apart when it mattered? How rookies weren’t given chances before year two or three? Not to mention the issues already mentioned. To me those are all locker room issues.

Marvin Lewis deserves an insane amount of credit for changing this team, but his locker room culture was far from perfect.

That said, I’m not sure I believe everything in this article is an issue, but there is enough there that if Taylor doesn’t win another game this year, and honestly 2 or 3 more, he needs to go.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 01:47 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Will be interesting to see what happens without Burrow in that locker room. Seems like they respected him as the team leader so if the articles true then this could get interesting without him around.

I liked them hiring a young offensive coach but it sounds like they need someone who will bring respect with them (can Goodell make them give us Bellichick, Reid or Payton please??)

Maybe they need a guy like Del Rio as head coach. I know he had his own struggles but he seemed like a no-BS guy.  Anyone else like that out there that you like?

Matt Eberflus, DC of the Colts
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 12:37 PM)Whatever Wrote: It wasn't?

Carson Palmer retirement threats.

Chad drama.

Player mutiny against Teryl Austin.

Arrests, ill-discipline, Vontaze Burfict, Odell Thurman, Chris Henry, melt-downs, calling out John Ross for lack of effort...

I don't say all this to dump on what Marvin did for this franchise but provide some context.

Remember after that 2015 play-off meltdown Marvin had 3 straight losing seasons. All was not well and it wasn't just a case of needing a coach to get us over the line on play-offs. We were some way off of reaching the play-offs in the first place and that required taking a step backwards to go forwards.
Reply/Quote