Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tra Carson & Brian Hill Keep RB Interesting
Both scored touchdowns, ran and caught passes against Dallas. That all around play is what NFL teams now look for in depth. They are keeping running back spots very competitive, which is what you want in training camp. If last week the late game hype was on Tate, this week some late game hype for Hill.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
There's no doubt that Hill and Carson can both play. I love having this much depth at RB. Walton hasn't gotten going yet. What was he? -9 yards rushing against Dallas? Maybe he breaks out against the Bills. I don't know, but I keep Hill and Carson at this point. Walton to PS.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Both have looked really good.

Not the first time Carson has looked good either.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
ugh, why did we draft Walton??? We knew we had both B Hill (a 5ht or 6th rounder that ATL drafted last year) and Carson (who I think has looked great in the 2 games he's played)

I cant see them cutting their 4th rounder but he's done little to impress me thus far.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2018, 01:53 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Both have looked really good.

Not the first time Carson has looked good either.

I didn't see much of Carson last preseason, but holy cow, this sumbitch is a wrecking machine whenever he hits the line!!

As to the OP, I stated in the last post about our RBs, I don't think Walton is a lock to make our 53 man roster. Maybe PS, but he hasn't shown anything yet that he can create.  Hill and Carson has and has shown a lot running behind the same line. Btw, I hope like hell they work on the running game this week. That was sad Saturday night by our 1st unit.
Reply/Quote
Both Carson and Hill have done well. One of them took out a blitzing LB blocking to. I'd have a hard time cutting either one !

Walton on the other hand has done nothing except dancing in the backfield. I don't care if he's a 4th rounder right now he looks like PS material.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2018, 02:13 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Both Carson and Hill have done well. One of them took out a blitzing LB blocking to. I'd have a hard time cutting either one !

I know this will be sacrilege, but as long as we're convinced that Mixon's all that, and we're risking injury by putting him out there.  How about trying these two with the ones and see how they do?
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2018, 02:47 PM)3wt Wrote: I know this will be sacrilege, but as long as we're convinced that Mixon's all that, and we're risking injury by putting him out there.  How about trying these two with the ones and see how they do?

Even more sacrilegious, would anyone entertain the idea of seeing what a team like Washington with all their rb injuries would give for Gio?

I am by no means down on him but I don’t think Walton’s going anywhere based in his draft spot and gio makes good money for a committee back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2018, 03:04 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Even more sacrilegious, would anyone entertain the idea of seeing what a team like Washington with all their rb injuries would give for Gio?

I am by no means down on him but I don’t think Walton’s going anywhere based in his draft spot and gio makes good money for a committee back

Do they have any serviceable Tackles we could trade them for?
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2018, 03:04 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Even more sacrilegious, would anyone entertain the idea of seeing what a team like Washington with all their rb injuries would give for Gio?

Gio's the one back I would not trade.   He's our best back, who still has not been used in as many ways as he could.

I could see them trading Carson or Hill though.
Reply/Quote
I ment the start a thread about it..

But at this point I think the 4 RBs are

Mixon
Gio
Carson
Hill

Walton is a potential GIO backup... But if would could stash him we might as he hasn't shown all that well yet.
Reply/Quote
If our WR corps under performs, I have faith in Hill and Carson to step up as receivers. Short passes with huge yards after the cach.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2018, 01:33 PM)kevin Wrote: Both scored touchdowns, ran and caught passes against Dallas.  That all around play is what NFL teams now look for in depth.  They are keeping running back spots very competitive, which is what you want in training camp.  If last week the late game hype was on Tate, this week some late game hype for Hill.

I was going to start a thread on Brian Hill, nicely done Kev.

Honestly watched more of Tra Carson in college even though Brian Hill is from UW which is like my entire families
college they went to. Brian Hill ran very well against the Lions last season too in the regular season against starters.

This has to count for something. Love Carson's power, legs and hands. Love Hill's burst, hands and he plays big as
well. That bounce to the outside that went for like 45 yards or so was beautiful, unfortunately a big man caught him
as it seemed he was running out of gas.

BTW, wonder what Brian Hill's YPC has been since he has been in stripes, has to be up there.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2018, 01:57 PM)corpjet Wrote: ugh, why did we draft Walton???  We knew we had both B Hill (a 5ht or 6th rounder that ATL drafted last year) and Carson (who I think has looked great in the 2 games he's played)

Like all other fans I usually have a couple of favorite "darkhorse" players, but the coaches see these guys take hundreds of reps in practice and we see them take a few snaps against back ups in preseason.  

Tra Carson has been here 3 years and has zero regular season carries.  In preseason he has averaged only 3.0 on 64 carries.

This is Brian Hill's second year in the NFL.  In the regular season he has averaged 3.4 on 11 carries.  In preseason he has averaged 2.1 (not a typo) on 31 carries.

They wanted a replacement for Peerman and these guys didn't look very good.

(08-20-2018, 01:57 PM)corpjet Wrote: I cant see them cutting their 4th rounder but he's done little to impress me thus far.

I would usually say the same thing.  Can't remember the last time the Bnegals didn't keep a pick that high on the roster.  But Walton has shown zero.  Maybe he has looked better in practice.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2018, 01:33 PM)kevin Wrote: Both scored touchdowns, ran and caught passes against Dallas.  That all around play is what NFL teams now look for in depth.  They are keeping running back spots very competitive, which is what you want in training camp.  If last week the late game hype was on Tate, this week some late game hype for Hill.

They have both outplayed Walton hands down.  Walton has looked lost/scared out there.  He'd better be a ST demon if he wants to have any chance of staying.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Yes Yes keep them both, Walton looks terrified so Practice squad him, Carson is hard to bring down so use him in game randomly, Why is Walton still getting first team reps? Nervous Hill, Carson ,Bernard, Mixon
Reply/Quote