Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tra Carson in Brian Hill out
Paul Dehner Jr.

Verified account

@pauldehnerjr
4m4 minutes ago
More
Tra Carson beat out Brian Hill for the #Bengals final running back spot, per source. Both played really well in battle for that last s

Im assuming, Hill will be a PS signee if he clears waivers

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I know many believe Walton should be cut and they may be right in the end. But just look at how they were played in preseason in the pecking order, it was there for all to see consistently.

1. Mixon
2. Bernard next
3. Walton Next
4. Carson Next
Then Hill, Hill was the longshot all along. Hopefully he ends up on our PS. He played well so hope he stays with us.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I really like Hill, but Carson's a power back. That's a piece we really don't have. Would still keep Hill over Walton. Hill earned it. Walton didn't.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Coaches think Walton has a better skill set than Hill does. And not to sound like a db, but sometimes people get too caught up in what they perceive from preseason games verses actual potential talent.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2018, 02:32 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Coaches think Walton has a better skill set than Hill does. And not to sound like a db, but sometimes people get too caught up in what they perceive from preseason games verses actual potential talent.

Walton was referred to as a Gio clone prior to the draft.

Gio has two years left on his deal, and they are probably being proactive with being able to move on from him at that time.
Reply/Quote
They are trying to make Walton into Peerman. Hopefully someone helps Fej carry the special teams coverage load
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2018, 02:37 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Walton was referred to as a Gio clone prior to the draft.

Gio has two years left on his deal, and they are probably being proactive with being able to move on from him at that time.

I think one reason I like this move is because Bengals are taking somewhat of a risk by keeping the rookie they think will be better than Hill down the road. So yeah, I also think it's an insurance move for the future beyond 2019.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote