Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trade?
(08-06-2019, 12:21 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Heard he's been good other then a bumbled a snap the other day. I don't think Gio is going anywhere IMO, regardless of how good Williams looks. You can never have enough decent backs on the roster and the return for Gio would have to be pretty substantial to justify trading him.

I agree, just saying how much I like Traveon Williams. 

Gio is great at picking up the blitz too which is huge with RB's.

Don't know if Traveon was asked to do this a bunch at A&M.

(08-06-2019, 05:44 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: but can he destroy the colts in PS Game 4 like peerman?

Sure he can lol

(08-07-2019, 12:02 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Dehner jr. says that there are no plans to trade Bernard.

https://stripehype.com/2019/08/06/bengals-rumors-can-comfirm-no-plans-trade-giovani-bernard-paul-dehner-jr/amp/

And why would there be? Mixon and Gio are the only backs on the roster who have any meaningful NFL experience. Would another team be willing to cough up enough draft capital to convince the Bengals that rolling with Mixon and a bunch of rooks is a good idea? Would they offer that much for a one year rental + tag rights for a RB2?

I agree this isn't happening.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2019, 08:10 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: And while I completely agree with this, and hope to see Gio do great things in this offense, I believe they just announced that Rodney Anderson will NOT have to start the year on the PUP.  If they like the way he is looking and have three solid options.....I mean, one of them would likely have to be inactive on gameday.  

It is clearly a position of strength...as is CB.  

Dalton will need all the weapons we can muster this year given the OL. Keep Gio and get both the new guys meaningful snaps this year and let next year play out next year. If the 2 new guys, or 1 of them stands out then we dont need to re-sign Gio. If both look meh, look to re-sign Gio. It's not that hard
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2019, 02:33 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Dalton will need all the weapons we can muster this year given the OL. Keep Gio and get both the new guys meaningful snaps this year and let next year play out next year. If the 2 new guys, or 1 of them stands out then we dont need to re-sign Gio. If both look meh, look to re-sign Gio. It's not that hard

Gio has been awful the last 2 years. 
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2019, 02:33 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Dalton will need all the weapons we can muster this year given the OL. Keep Gio and get both the new guys meaningful snaps this year and let next year play out next year. If the 2 new guys, or 1 of them stands out then we dont need to re-sign Gio. If both look meh, look to re-sign Gio. It's not that hard

The shelf life of RBs just isn't the same as every other position.  They stole two RBs in the draft this year.  While I agree with your basic concept of the importance of depth, how is our depth at LB and Offensive line?  Which is more important (i.e. a bigger weakness that needs addressed)?  I am not saying to dump Gio...far from it.  I love the guy and want to see him in this offense, but compared to the need for OT and LB, it isn't even close.

I would trade Gio if you could get a really high pick (2nd rounder) or an immediate starting-caliber LB or OT.  While I think those chances are extremely thin, there could be a trade partner that happens to be deep in one of those position groups as the Bengals are at CB.  I might even consider offering a guy like Darius Phillips if we can package him with Gio to get a starting caliber OT or LB.  I like that guy, too, but how much can he benefit the team at 3rd on the depth chart?
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2019, 08:22 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: The shelf life of RBs just isn't the same as every other position.  They stole two RBs in the draft this year.  While I agree with your basic concept of the importance of depth, how is our depth at LB and Offensive line?  Which is more important (i.e. a bigger weakness that needs addressed)?  I am not saying to dump Gio...far from it.  I love the guy and want to see him in this offense, but compared to the need for OT and LB, it isn't even close.

I would trade Gio if you could get a really high pick (2nd rounder) or an immediate starting-caliber LB or OT.  While I think those chances are extremely thin, there could be a trade partner that happens to be deep in one of those position groups as the Bengals are at CB.  I might even consider offering a guy like Darius Phillips if we can package him with Gio to get a starting caliber OT or LB.  I like that guy, too, but how much can he benefit the team at 3rd on the depth chart?

No way Gio gets any kind of return you mentioned which is why i posted to keep him. If anything this team should be pushing to trade for Trent Williams and then maybe look to re-signing Glenn as a Guard and backup tackle next season when J Williams comes back. Instant OL. 
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2019, 02:35 PM)TopSix Wrote: Gio has been awful the last 2 years. 

No he hasn't. 

The two games he started when mixon was out....192 yards from scrimmage, 3 tds, 4.8 per carry, 9 receptions.
Reply/Quote
Anderson was just activated if he plays well should we expect a gio trade? why not send him to atlanta for devondre campbell and be done with it. everyone talks about wanting trent williams. we still have the same owner and front office who isnt gonna trade for williams and then offer him a blockbuster deal. just wont happen. trade gio for campbell and our linebacker are all of a sudden solid to good. including depth. Run pratt brown and campbell out there with jefferson vigil evans and davis as depth. makes sense to me.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2019, 11:29 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Anderson was just activated if he plays well should we expect a gio trade? why not send him to atlanta for devondre campbell and be done with it.  everyone talks about wanting trent williams.  we still have the same owner and front office who isnt gonna trade for williams and then offer him a blockbuster deal.  just wont happen.  trade gio for campbell and our linebacker are all of a sudden solid to good.  including depth.  Run pratt brown and campbell out there with jefferson vigil evans and davis as depth.  makes sense to me.

I don't know who Devondre Campbell is, but good news for Anderson!
Reply/Quote
Browns Duke Johnson traded to the Texans for a 2020 4th rounder (potential 3rd)

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-08-2019, 11:57 AM)pally Wrote: Browns Duke Johnson traded to the Texans for a 2020 4th rounder (potential 3rd)

Beat me to it.  I guess Gio wasn't on the block, who knows?   
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2019, 11:23 AM)fredtoast Wrote: No he hasn't. 

The two games he started when mixon was out....192 yards from scrimmage, 3 tds, 4.8 per carry, 9 receptions.

Gio's only problem has been, the previous coaching staffs didn't know how and when to use him. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote