Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trade?
(08-06-2019, 12:27 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: My question is who would add Gio to their fantasy team in the early rounds? My point exactly.

I do. In fact, he's a keeper for me, in my league.

Last year was a poor year fantasy-wise, but every year since he's been in the league, top 20 or so at his position (until he gets injured, in the injury years); 2017 was the only non-injured year he dropped out of the top 20.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2019, 09:27 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I do. In fact, he's a keeper for me, in my league.

Last year was a poor year fantasy-wise, but every year since he's been in the league, top 20 or so at his position (until he gets injured, in the injury years); 2017 was the only non-injured year he dropped out of the top 20.

So he hasn’t been productive in 2017 or 2018. But you like him in 2019

Big things for gio coming.
Reply/Quote
Well, apparently he's not getting traded and I think he has some upside in the new offense given his receiving ability and experience which will help out our atrocious offensive line.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2019, 10:20 AM)TopSix Wrote: Gio is a year older

Coming off 2 poor seasons.

He is a good candidate to be cut, with his 4+ Mill Salary - and easily replaceable by a rookie or second year guy

Mixon is the only true every down back on the team

And hes projected to be the 78th most productive RB in the NFL in 2019

But, by all means, dont let facts and logic get in the way of your keeper league.  

lol all this is true ^^^^ guess he truth does hurt lol
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2019, 11:45 PM)TopSix Wrote: That would be a terrible decision
I don't get why this would be a terrible decision. Guy is still a good player.
(08-06-2019, 08:41 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I would wager this is incorrect

The Bengals don't really trade players for 1, secondly two sixth RD picks are not going to replace him, and three Hobson hinted at it at the beginning of training camp.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2019, 11:34 PM)McC Wrote: If it's not an OLinemen who is an upgrade to what we have, and that seems unlikely, like you said, hold onto Gio.  He could be a real nice weapon for us. 

If they take a draft choice which obviously won't help this year and give up a guy who could help win this year, I'm not sure I like the sound of that.  If Trayveon Williams comes in and kills it in the preseason running and catching the ball, that might be different.  But how likely is that? 

Has anyone heard of him looking good in camp?  I've really heard nothing either way.

Size-wise, he is practically a carbon copy.

Trayveon is killing it in camp. Expect for him to kill it all Preseason too barring injury.

Dude is even more skilled than Gio in my opinion and I love Gio.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2019, 12:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Trayveon is killing it in camp. Expect for him to kill it all Preseason too barring injury.

Heard he's been good other then a bumbled a snap the other day. I don't think Gio is going anywhere IMO, regardless of how good Williams looks. You can never have enough decent backs on the roster and the return for Gio would have to be pretty substantial to justify trading him.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2019, 12:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Trayveon is killing it in camp. Expect for him to kill it all Preseason too barring injury.

but can he destroy the colts in PS Game 4 like peerman?
Reply/Quote
Trade?  To who?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2019, 05:44 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: but can he destroy the colts in PS Game 4 like peerman?

Don't forget Margus Hunt...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2019, 06:23 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Trade?  To who?

Apparently there are fans who want to trade the only proven depth we have on offense.

If Eifert was healthy, the same folks would probably want Uzomah traded.

I'm waiting for Fej trade threads. The Ross trade threads have already started.

I feel it's time we sit back and let the preseason unfold and see who gets cut.
Reply/Quote
Dehner jr. says that there are no plans to trade Bernard.

https://stripehype.com/2019/08/06/bengals-rumors-can-comfirm-no-plans-trade-giovani-bernard-paul-dehner-jr/amp/

And why would there be? Mixon and Gio are the only backs on the roster who have any meaningful NFL experience. Would another team be willing to cough up enough draft capital to convince the Bengals that rolling with Mixon and a bunch of rooks is a good idea? Would they offer that much for a one year rental + tag rights for a RB2?
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2019, 11:56 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I don't get why this would be a terrible decision. Guy is still a good player.

The Bengals don't really trade players for 1, secondly two sixth RD picks are not going to replace him, and three Hobson hinted at it at the beginning of training camp.

One, they traded for one last year.

Two, those two sixth rounders ARE going to replace him.

Three, really...Hobson?
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2019, 12:21 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Heard he's been good other then a bumbled a snap the other day. I don't think Gio is going anywhere IMO, regardless of how good Williams looks. You can never have enough decent backs on the roster and the return for Gio would have to be pretty substantial to justify trading him.

And while I completely agree with this, and hope to see Gio do great things in this offense, I believe they just announced that Rodney Anderson will NOT have to start the year on the PUP.  If they like the way he is looking and have three solid options.....I mean, one of them would likely have to be inactive on gameday.  

It is clearly a position of strength...as is CB.  
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2019, 09:13 PM)XsandOs Wrote: Apparently there are fans who want to trade the only proven depth we have on offense.

If Eifert was healthy, the same folks would probably want Uzomah traded.

I'm waiting for Fej trade threads. The Ross trade threads have already started.

I feel it's time we sit back and let the preseason unfold and see who gets cut.

Lord. Ross, Uzomah, Fej. What a collection of premium talent. They can’t possibly finish in last place with these guys on the team. Oh wait
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2019, 09:27 AM)TopSix Wrote: Lord. Ross, Uzomah, Fej. What a collection of premium talent. They can’t possibly finish in last place with these guys on the team. Oh wait

Not sure I get the hate on cj and fej. Those are the kind of players that every team needs. Capable backups that can come in play and play well when needed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2019, 10:46 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Not sure I get the hate on cj and fej.  Those are the kind of players that every team needs.  Capable backups that can come in play and play well when needed

There is no hate for them . They are backups and play that way . 

It's just the assertion that the Bengals need to keep 4 million dollar, poor performing RBs on the roster, like Gio, Because he 'has been here a while'

Who cares?  That is not how you run a football team.  He is 100% replaceable by a guy making 750k.   A smart team would have DFA Gio and used the 3.5 million savings to invest in actual OL or LB help. 

The bengals are not a real franchise.  They are a fake, illusion of one 
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2019, 08:10 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: And while I completely agree with this, and hope to see Gio do great things in this offense, I believe they just announced that Rodney Anderson will NOT have to start the year on the PUP.  If they like the way he is looking and have three solid options.....I mean, one of them would likely have to be inactive on gameday.  

It is clearly a position of strength...as is CB.  

There are always injuries and I love these picks for depth and to learn behind the vets.  I think Gio could really excel in this offense. I feel his talents were wasted by Marv for years trying to make him a between the tackle back and not used enough in space.  The only downside, and it's not Gio's fault, is that Dalton has always had a problem with short receivers and backs.  I don't see them extending him though. 
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2019, 10:58 AM)TopSix Wrote: There is no hate for them . They are backups and play that way . 

It's just the assertion that the Bengals need to keep 4 million dollar, poor performing RBs on the roster, like Gio, Because he 'has been here a while'

Who cares?  That is not how you run a football team.  He is 100% replaceable by a guy making 750k.   A smart team would have DFA Gio and used the 3.5 million savings to invest in actual OL or LB help. 

The bengals are not a real franchise.  They are a fake, illusion of one 

C.J. is a very solid number 2 tight end, mid level starter. Pff graded fej at a near pro bowl level. The comment I replied to said nothing about gio. Just appeared you were throwing shade at a couple players who don’t deserve it.

But I agree the front office deserves its share of criticism

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2019, 08:07 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: One, they traded for one last year.

Two, those two sixth rounders ARE going to replace him.

Three, really...Hobson?

1.) It wasn't during the season

2.) Are we really sure about that? 

3.) Hobson might spin a lot of stuff but he is usually right on who stays and who goes. Also Paul Dehner from the Athletic has said similar things.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote