Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Trade AJ Green for first rounder
A lot of negative Nancy's here. If Green gets us a good trade, why not? Yes, he is a good receiver just like Eifert. My problem with both of them is the injuries. I say we get what we can for Green before he becomes another Chad Johnson worth very little. It is a team game, not one individual. Sometimes the stars have to be let go to build other players. I doubt Green re-signs with the Bengals anyway.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 12:08 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: I wasn't sure it was going to happen but we finally have a winner for "Most Ignorant Post of 2016".  Only took 51 weeks!

A personal attack? Really? Try to explain why we should keep him.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 05:41 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: A personal attack? Really? Try to explain why we should keep him.

Because he's a top 3 WR in the NFL with about 4-5 good years left in the NFL.

A 1st Round pick likely won't be a top 3 player at their position in the NFL so that's an immediate downgrade.

The only way you consider doing this is if you get blown away with an offer like the Hershel Walker deal...but our management probably isn't good enough to capitalize on this.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 10:34 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Because he's a top 3 WR in the NFL with about 4-5 good years left in the NFL.

A 1st Round pick likely won't be a top 3 player at their position in the NFL so that's an immediate downgrade.

The only way you consider doing this is if you get blown away with an offer like the Hershel Walker deal...but our management probably isn't good enough to capitalize on this.

Wait, I recall him sitting out due to injuries. How do we know he's got 4-5 good years left? Do we take a chance or if a good offer comes along go ahead and take it?
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 01:12 PM)Housh Wrote: AJ Green, Dalton, Bernard, Kirkpatrick, Atkins, Ilona, Burfict and Tyler Eifert for draft picks.

Yeah we haven't had a good set of picks in the draft since 2012 but the league is all about youth right?

It's like people think this is a game of Madden or something and every young player ends up as a 99 overall wtf

USE YOUR BRAIN PPL. You don't rebuild by trading your best YOUNG players. You rebuild by moving the vets and old coaching staff. Who TF trades an already elite young player like Green for a draft pick just so he can end up like Cedric "Guarunteed Blindside sack" Ogbuehi

We too could be the Cleveland Browns
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I'd laugh in a team's face of they offered a first for AJ Green and so would this team's ownership. They get a lot of grief, and rightfully so at times, but they're not that stupid. They were rumored to want a 1st and a 4th for McCarron when offered a 2nd and a 4th. They held out until mid season to rob Oakland in the Palmer deal, and he wasn't exactly lighting the world on fire when he decided to bail on the team. There's absolutely no way in hell they's take anything less than all-out fleecing a trade partner for Green, and rightfully so.

I't would take 2 firsts and another 3rd or 4th to even get a conversation started if I were answering the phone at PBS. He's a plug and play superstar (proved that as a rookie) and a possible SB piece for an organization needing and elite WR.
Reply/Quote
I'd trade Mccarron for the jets first round pick. We'd have two nice first round picks. Pick Barnett and Robinson in the first. Shore up both lines all in the first. The jets are desperate for a qb. They have nothing at qb. There in a different division so it wont hurt us.

Might as well trade Mccarron now because if we wait until next season other teams wont give us anything for him. They'll just think they can wait a couple month until he becomes a free agent and sign him
If I win the lottery I'll spend half the money on alcohol, gambling and wild women. The other half I'll waste. 
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2016, 05:59 AM)wolverine515151 Wrote: I'd trade Mccarron for the jets first round pick. We'd have two nice first round picks. Pick Barnett and Robinson in the first. Shore up both lines all in the first. The jets are desperate for a qb. They have nothing at qb. There in a different division so it wont hurt us.

Might as well trade Mccarron now because if we wait until next season other teams wont give us anything for him. They'll just think they can wait a couple month until he becomes a free agent and sign him

Theres been talk from browns execs that if they believe a long term deal can be done they will give us there second first round pick and a 4th for him. Do not like robinson that high dont believe hes that type of player. Would ather get a elite Player with 1 first rounder trade down with the other to late teens  and get a second and a third.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2016, 08:52 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Theres been talk from browns execs that if they believe a long term deal can be done they will give us there second first round pick and a 4th for him. Do not like robinson that high dont believe hes that type of player. Would ather get a elite Player with 1 first rounder trade down with the other to late teens  and get a second and a third.

That's interesting considering you're the only one reporting this rumor and five days ago you didn't know teams could work out new contracts in trade situations. 
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 11:23 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Many here may disagree. I think the Bengals are officially in rebuild mode. I would like to see a trade of AJ Green for a first round pick where the Bengals can pick up some new talent. I think AJ is on the downslide in his career. He peaked the last few seasons. I'm also concerned about his hamstring. Those types of injuries haunt receivers and often resurface.

Many? More like everyone. 
Reply/Quote
Man..some of you seem to think that trades happen simply because you think they should happen AS IF every single hair brain trade proposal can be made and every other team is required by law to make just any old trade you can concoct up inside your heads in the middle of the night after you've downed 3 bottles of vodka. Maybe you haven't heard, but both sides have to agree to make the trades..They don't happen by drunken fan edict. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2016, 02:57 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: That's interesting considering you're the only one reporting this rumor and five days ago you didn't know teams could work out new contracts in trade situations. 

If U want U could look it up I'm not the one reporting it as stated before a NFL guru stated this and yes I did not know they could work out new contracts in trade situations. doesn't mean I don't know how to work a radio.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 10:50 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Wait, I recall him sitting out due to injuries. How do we know he's got 4-5 good years left? Do we take a chance or if a good offer comes along go ahead and take it?

That logic leads to releasing every player that ever gets injured?!?!?

IMO I would not be trading Green for anything. With him it's not just about his play on the field but also he's not a 'drama' which is a big thing with 'star' players to a certain extent.

Like I said just my humble opinion.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2016, 05:52 AM)Jpoore Wrote: If U want U could look it up I'm not the one reporting it as stated before a NFL guru stated this and yes I did not know they could work out new contracts in trade situations.  doesn't mean I don't know how to work a radio.

I did look it up. 
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 10:50 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Wait, I recall him sitting out due to injuries. How do we know he's got 4-5 good years left? Do we take a chance or if a good offer comes along go ahead and take it?

How do you know WJIII has 4-5 good years left?  Maybe the Bengals should trade him for a first round pick, too?
Reply/Quote
Glad the OP isn't running the team.
Reply/Quote
Ok, let's have some fun with this....

Would you trade AJ Green and Marvin + the Pats & Bengals swap 1st round picks this year for....

- Bill Belichick and Michael Floyd?

I would say YES as long as Billy Boy signed a 5 year extension.
Reply/Quote
I am for trading AJ because he is such a class act. He deserves to be on a team where management is actually committed to winning.

AJ is a hall of famer for sure if he played any where else besides the Bengals
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 05:13 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Not smart for several reasons.

1. AJ and Dalton are the identity of this franchise. Trading any guy like that would be a very unpopular move amongst other players and this team really doesn't have the clout (like the Pats) to pull off such moves while still looking like a classy organization. It'd be a major PR hit.

2. This team isn't far from a rebound. Let's be honest, the defense still looks good. The offense just needs a complete rebuild of the o-line and maybe a RB...and a kicker. We're not that far off.

3. AJ is just a class act and a fantastic football player. You try to add MORE of those, not get rid of the ones you have. AJ is a fine representative for the Bengals, he makes the Bengals look better and you want guys like that to retire from your team.

1. Agreed.

2. The offensive line needs some major help and a RB should be easy to snag at any point in Free Agency or the draft.  I think we're OK at Kicker.  Bullock has only missed (1) kick for us and is like the 30th most accurate FG kicker in NFL history.

3.  AJ is a beast-- needs to stay with the team.  Maybe consider trading Adam Jones for another draft pick instead... if other teams are willing to put up with his attitude and mouth.
Reply/Quote
How many 1st round selections have the Bengals made in almost 50 years that would be worth trading AJ for ?

Betting the percentages are very low.

Trading AJ is the very last thing the Bengals need to do presently.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote