Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trade Anyone?
Every trade that they have proposed has been dumb.

Now if we shipped, say, a 2017 2 or 3 to the Stains for Joe Thomas I could get on board with that a bit more. Provide instant OL stability.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Also, what good would Jeffery do until the Bengals sure up their Offensive Line? As we have seen this year with the big O-Line regression. Andy is getting killed with sacks and hurries, and there is no consistent run game or with TWO decent RBs. There is no push or holes to run through. There is a huge hole at RT and Center, Whit is nearing the end, and resigning Zeitler is not exactly a sure thing. This trade would be a huge mistake trading Tez, as I agree with the board LB is another big glaring weakness on this team for the past couple of seasons.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2016, 03:10 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Katherine Terrell proposed a more realistic candidate to trade, Darqueze Dennard.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/32for32x161026/potential-nfl-trade-targets-every-team-2016

A bad trade idea.

Adam Jones is getting older.
Kirkpatrick has improved but is a FA and may want #1 CB money, and I doubt the Bengals give it to him.
Shaw is better suited at nickel/slot CB and safety.
No idea what we have in WJIII.

Dennard has struggled in the slot, won't lie. But that's not where he's best suited anyway. He's better on the outside.

Plus, CBs struggle early in their careers. We saw it with Kirkpatrick, Peterson, Hall, Sherman, etc. CB is the hardest position to transition to in the NFL. Only way you get better is with reps.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2016, 03:49 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: A bad trade idea.

Kirkpatrick has improved but is a FA and may want #1 CB money, and I doubt the Bengals give it to him.

Dennard has struggled in the slot, won't lie. But that's not where he's best suited anyway. He's better on the outside.

Plus, CBs struggle early in their careers. We saw it with Kirkpatrick, Peterson, Hall, Sherman, etc. CB is the hardest position to transition to in the NFL. Only way you get better is with reps.

Definitely agree with that. I always thought it was harder to find a good boundary CB than a slot CB.
I too wouldn't want to give up on Dennard, but it would depend on what's offered for a trade to be considered. Dennard also needs a shot to play boundary CB before his fifth-year option is considered.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
That blurb was written by someone who hasn't watched a Bengal's game this year. WR is not our biggest issue. Poor o-line play is.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2016, 03:49 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: A bad trade idea.

It's funny that you say Dennard isn't suited for the slot. Yet, this team is convinced Dennard is a great slot CB. Remember all the articles and coach speak? You'd think that we had another Leon Hall waiting in the wings.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2016, 03:01 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: 1st rounder is high for a Tackle that while both are good both are towards the end of their careers I think.

That is why I came up with offer Ogbuehi and a 2nd.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Nope. Jeffery and the pick won't give you equal production at their position that Burfict will give you at his. 

More plausible if Green wasn't here.

As it is...nope. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2016, 02:40 PM)Au165 Wrote: To everyone saying Jeffrey is always hurt, Jeffrey has played in more games than Burffict. Burffict has played in 51 games and Jeffrey 58 in the same period. People don't seem to really value how risky Burffict is. He has had a major knee injury that could potentially shorten his career. He has a history of concussions that have caused him to miss time. He has missed time because of his play, and could potentially miss more. I don't think we need a WR, but if we did I'd do that trade all day because it is the lower risk move.

Good point. I remember medical folk talking about how rare it is that a player makes it to their next contract after micro-surgery. Also the Bears are fat at LB; they have about 3 that I would love to have
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2016, 02:10 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Why are so many convinced that the Bengals need help at WR?  They are just fine at WR.  The problem is with the OL not being able to give Andy enough time to get the ball to them.

If the Bengals did any sort of radical trade, I would like to see it for either Joe Thomas or Joe Staley.  Both are being offered for trade by their respective teams.  They are asking for a 1st round pick in return.  I say offer them Ogbuehi and a 2nd.

Sunset knows whats up. Rock On
Reply/Quote
Those same people slamming Burfict would be calling the Bears a Superbowl contender with him. Suddenly he'd be a steal and we'd be fools.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
If we trade Burfict, who will the steeler fans have to cry about?
Reply/Quote
Thanks i needed a laugh.

Reply/Quote
I'm not going to scour threads, but I am pretty sure someone posted how Burfict was getting owned since he came back??  
Reply/Quote
McCarron to Cleveland for Joe Thomas or to SF for Stanley. Ninja

Both have sucky ass QBs by the truck load.

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2016, 12:40 AM)BengalChris Wrote: McCarron to Cleveland for Joe Thomas or to SF for Stanley.  Ninja

Both have sucky ass QBs by the truck load.

McCarron for any top teir Olineman who also has a cap friendly deal would be a dream.
Reply/Quote
Funniest thing about the article that proposed the trade is that 5 down from the Bengals/Jeffery idea is a Marshall trade idea....

1/2 season of expensive & hurt Alshon Jeffery for a 3rd rounder and Burfict
or
1 1/2 seasons of cheaper & better Brandon Marshall for a 2nd rounder.

....Why would anyone do the first one if the second one was an option? Heck, I would also rather do the Cameron Wake option before the Alshon Jeffery one. Wake/Atkins/Dunlap could tear up some OL.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2016, 01:17 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Nope.

1. Jeffery is on a one year deal while Burfict isn't a FA until 2018.
2. So we'd be giving up a 3rd and a key defensive cog for a 1 year rental
3. Jeffery is making over 14.6 million while Burfict is making 3.3 mil. We don't have the cap space.
4. We need to improve our LB's , not our WR's.

Love Jeffery, but all things considered it wouldn't be a smart trade, and in reality, it's not possible to pull off.

Jeffery won't get suspended or banned from the NFL, so there's that. Tez won't have enough shelf life for a long turn solution on defense.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2016, 02:27 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Jeffery won't get suspended or banned from the NFL, so there's that. Tez won't have enough shelf life for a long turn solution on defense.

...and Jeffery would likely be gone after one season (if we could clear enough space to trade for him in the first place). The only difference is that we'd be able to keep our hypothetical 3rd rounder if we passed on this trade. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I wouldnt for reasons Shake said above. But at the same time, I would not be against trading Burfict in a good deal.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote