Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trade Back Mock
I hope we get offers to trade back if some players start sliding. We have so many needs on this team along with our fear of FA we need all the picks we can get. Traded back twice in the first. I would love this draft.

Round 1 Pick 19 (DAL): Derwin James, SS/FS, Florida State (A+)
Round 2 Pick 13 (G.B.): Malik Jefferson, ILB, Texas (B+)
Round 2 Pick 14: Frank Ragnow, C/OG, Arkansas ©
Round 2 Pick 18 (DAL): Will Hernandez, OG, Texas-El Paso (B)
Round 2 Pick 20 (BALT): Jamarco Jones, OT, Ohio State (B)
Round 3 Pick 13: Mike Gesicki, TE, Penn State (B+)
Round 4 Pick 12: Isaiah Wynn, OG, Georgia (B)
Round 5 Pick 14: Marcell Ateman, WR, Oklahoma State (A)
Round 6 Pick 13: Daniel Carlson, K, Auburn (A+)
Round 7 Pick 31: Jonathan Ledbetter, DE, Georgia (B)

Your Future Picks:
2019 Round 1 Pick
2020 Round 1 Pick
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2018, 12:10 AM)TKUHL Wrote: I hope we get offers to trade back if some players start sliding. We have so many needs on this team along with our fear of FA we need all the picks we can get. Traded back twice in the first. I would love this draft.

Your Future Picks:
2019 Round 1 Pick
2020 Round 1 Pick

Every time I see/hear the bolded last name, I can't help but think "bed wetter"
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Am fine with trading back or staying put if the player they want is there.

But do not think James will fall to 19, if so then it would be sweet though.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
If James goes beyond the 5th overall pick this season I will be shocked.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2018, 01:15 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: If James goes beyond the 5th overall pick this season I will be shocked.

I wouldn't.  He's not the top rated safety on the board this year (Fitzpatrick).

Safeties generally aren't high picks in this day and age.  You might see one come of the board in the top 10 - like Adams last year, but to have 2 come off would be highly unlikely.
Reply/Quote
Not a true gauge but CBS mock has Fitzpatrick going at #3 and James going at #11 to the Dolphins.

So maybe he falls but believe it to be a toss up.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2018, 12:48 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Every time I see/hear the bolded last name, I can't help but think "bed wetter"

Lol it always reminds me of Pear Jam's Yellow Ledbetter.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2018, 12:10 AM)TKUHL Wrote: I hope we get offers to trade back if some players start sliding. We have so many needs on this team along with our fear of FA we need all the picks we can get. Traded back twice in the first. I would love this draft.

Your Future Picks:
2019 Round 1 Pick
2020 Round 1 Pick

I'd be very happy with this draft especially with adding two future firsts.  My only suggestion would be to take out Wynn since you've already added Hernandez and Ragnow and replace him with a corner or another LB like Van Der Tesch or Jewell if they are available.  We need multiple LB's to fix this unit.  
Reply/Quote

Your Future Picks:
2019 Round 1 Pick
2020 Round 1 Pick
I like your draft! Not sure James will be there at #19. I do like the Jamarco Jones and Gesicki picks! 
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2018, 01:18 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I wouldn't.  He's not the top rated safety on the board this year (Fitzpatrick).

Safeties generally aren't high picks in this day and age.  You might see one come of the board in the top 10 - like Adams last year, but to have 2 come off would be highly unlikely.

The fact that James can do so many different things- play in the box, stop the run, play center field, cover tight ends, cover backs, rush the passer- makes him worth a pick in the top ten and I'd love if he were there.

I think it gives us another playmaker on defense and would help bring our d to another level.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2018, 01:18 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I wouldn't.  He's not the top rated safety on the board this year (Fitzpatrick).

He is being compared to Sean  Taylor that dude was picked in the top 3. I agree with you that safety isn't usually a top 10 pick but James has Superstar written all over him. Infact after the combine James will be more regarded the Fitzpatrick.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2018, 02:38 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: He is being compared to Sean  Taylor that dude was picked in the top 3. I agree with you that safety isn't usually a top 10 pick but James has Superstar written all over him. Infact after the combine James will be more regarded the Fitzpatrick.

I don't see too many actual experts comparing him to Sean Taylor.  

I remember watching Taylor play a lot in college.  Other than size, I just don't see the comparisons.  Taylor was constantly making plays.  I've watched a lot of Florida State games and I just don't see the playmaking ability that Taylor had.

He may end up being a good player, but he's not in the same category as Taylor, who was an elite (top 5) guy coming out.  Maybe injuries have had something to do with that, but he just doens't have the tape to back it up.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2018, 04:49 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I don't see too many actual experts comparing him to Sean Taylor.  

I remember watching Taylor play a lot in college.  Other than size, I just don't see the comparisons.  Taylor was constantly making plays.  I've watched a lot of Florida State games and I just don't see the playmaking ability that Taylor had.

He may end up being a good player, but he's not in the same category as Taylor, who was an elite (top 5) guy coming out.  Maybe injuries have had something to do with that, but he just doens't have the tape to back it up.
His freshman tape had ppl saying Taylor. This past years tape he was playing timid. Still testing out the knee. U could tell he was a little timid coming down hill. As the season progressed he got more and more confident in his knee holding up and therefore his play. I do think that's he's the closest Sean Taylor clone and will be just like Taylor in the league. 
Reply/Quote