Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trade Back To 2 With Jets
The Jets have extra picks in rounds 4 and 5.

If Bengals could trade from pick 31 to pick 35 and get an extra pick in 4 or 5 out of the deal, and Jets get one more pick in Round 1, that would be a good deal for Bengals, IF the Jets are eager to move up 4 spaces and get an extra Round 1 in their much needed rebuild.

What the Bengals need will be there in early 2 just as much as very late 1. If Bengals can pull a trade back and get an extra pick in 4 or 5, that helps on last day of the Draft.

It's too early to judge the Draft, but it looks like SAFETIES are going to be big this year at the end of 1 and most of first half of 2. As for O Line, they seem to be more later in 2, nothing really at end of 1 or early 2. So if we lose Bates, and these Safeties are that good with Bengals first pick. Another view is Bengals take a DT after maybe maybe losing 2 top DT's in free agency. Who Bengals pick up in Free Agency or Keep in Free Agency will be a huge factor.

I still like the idea of trading out of the end of Round 1 and into an early 2 pick and trying to add a pick 4 or pick 5 in the deal. This would give Bengals a pick at top of 2 and at end of 2.

Any team willing to trade up into end of 1 and give Bengals a decent 2 pick and a pick no later than 5 would be worth it. Adding an extra 4 instead of a 5 would be a great deal for Bengals. If Bengals could trade back into 2 and get an extra 4, you jump on it. It can not be an end of 2, it has to be a decent 2 pick.

Trading the late 1 and 2 to a team for and early 2 and 3 plus and extra 4 and a 5 would be even better.

The Jets are in the position to trade up, it's just getting them or a team that is willing to want to. There should be a team out there that wants Bengals late 1 pick. I would dump it and work the draft. Since Super Bowl kills Round 1, move back and see if we can add get a good 2 and some extra picks in 4 or 5.

The Bears are another trade back option.

Trading back to mid 2 is Raiders as an option but they would have to give up good picks to move this far up. They might with The Draft in Las Vegas and they may want to move up.

As it is now, Browns should have the best draft, with Ravens right up there. Farther back is Steelers and Bengals. Since it was such a close Division, Browns and Ravens can get some good draft picks through the draft and are loaded on picks. Still, I like going to Super Bowl and Bengals can work the Draft and come out great. The Steelers had huge Defense problems and Big Ben retired. I see Steelers making play-offs for a one and done as a set back to a team that needs a lot of help, but their draft picks not very good. So Brown and Ravens should get even better, and Bengals should stay tough. Steelers could have some problems filling needs in the draft.

I still see O Line as Bengals top pick, but if they pick late in 1, it could be the DT from Georgia. Not a bad pick, but Burrow needs Blocking, so does Mixon.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
If we can get Jensen/Daniels/Moses in FA, then the draft would be gravy for us and we can go BPA for depth and development. Right now we have the core to outscore any bad calls, we just need the time to execute.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
If the Bengals really like a couple of guys that are on their board at 31, I have no problem trading back with the jets into rd 2 at 35, the issue is they will lose a couple of years of control that comes with a 1st rd pick. The jets have picks 110 and 116 in the 4th rd for me to pull off this deal I would want:

Bengals trade: #31

Jets trade: #116 and Denzel Mims (WR)

- this saves us a draft pick later on that we would use to replace Auden Tate to be our #4/5 WR.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2022, 08:36 AM)Interceptor Wrote: If we can get Jensen/Daniels/Moses in FA, then the draft would be gravy for us and we can go BPA for depth and development. Right now we have the core to outscore any bad calls, we just need the time to execute.

this would be awsome
I can see JBs sack totals dipping into the 20 to 30s if we landed these 3
although, we all are acting like they want to replace Hopkins and I have not got that vibe yet...maybe i wrong  but I definitely think we can do better at C along with the rest of the line
Reply/Quote
We traded back last draft and was a very soso year for Carmen.. We need to take best Oline available in 1st..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I’m all for trading back IF the offensive line is addressed sufficiently via free agency. I’ll feel confident drafting for the future if Terron Armstead, Brandon Scherff, and Morgan Moses are already Bengals.
Reply/Quote
I say take the best OL on the board at 31. With how expensive some of the star players are going to be within the next 5 years it really benefits the Bengals to get that 5th year of control.
Reply/Quote
Agree. The only OL we have who isn't on their first contract is Trey Hopkins. I'm not sure how many more young OL we want to add to that mix. We aren't drafting QB, RB, WR, TE, DE, or S in round 1. That leaves CB, DT as likely possibilities.
Reply/Quote
If we are moving out of the first round we better get more than a 4th or 5th. I'm not a fan of sliding out of that spot and giving up the 5th year option unless we get something good out of the deal
Reply/Quote
Trying to understand why Bengals would trade out of Rd 1 to have a pick with the 5th year option just to get an extra 4th or 5th rounder...
Sorry, it's just hard to get excited for a D'Ante Smith, ADG, Tyler Shelvin, or Cam Sample.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-20-2022, 11:06 PM)puddycat Wrote: Agree. The only OL we have who isn't on their first contract is Trey Hopkins.  I'm not sure how many more young OL we want to add to that mix.  We aren't drafting QB, RB, WR, TE, DE, or S in round 1. That leaves CB, DT as likely possibilities.

What I'm hoping happens from the draft is if they draft OL, it's to replace other OL who are on rookie deals.
Hill, Prince, maybe Adeniji (although I think Adeniji might be better at OT like his rookie year).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Does trading out of round 1 net us two starting OL or even two quality starters? If not, they I say hold at 31 and pick the best OL available. Draft a Linderbaum, Penning, or Raimann OL'er, or best player available, and let them come in and compete for a starting job.
Reply/Quote