Poll: What to do with Bates
Keep him
Trade. De-activate implant.
Trade. Leave implant active.
I'm not falling for this.
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trade Bates?
I love Hill's potential, but no player taken at #31 is a sure first year starter.

In an average year I might say take a chance a rookie will be good, but not this year.  We are in PRIME position to win a Super Bowl.  Bates could be a huge part of that.  

And we are not even desperate for the cap space.  In fact we have a boatload of unused cap space ($17 million).

So I vote "Keep him".

I have no opinion on the implant issue.

You can select more than one option.
Reply/Quote
Because the Bengals are certainly in the SB hunt you keep him. Unless a team gets very lucky on the injury front depth is vitally important for a SB run.
Reply/Quote
No. Keep him and get use out of him while we can. Secondary is better with him out there.
Reply/Quote
Ahem sir. I have a question: once deactivated, can you reactivate the implant? Or once deactivated would it be rendered inoperable? 
Reply/Quote
Unless we get a 1st for next year, I'd say keep him
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 10:39 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Unless we get a 1st for next year, I'd say keep him

Our secondary is very strong. You don’t trade one of your best players on defense unless you get a nice return and there’s a plan in place. We don’t have a plan until we see Hills development, and analysts believe Hill is more capable of taking Bells place than Bates.
Reply/Quote
I thought maybe for a 2nd but not now.... don't think getting a #1 next year is worth it. If Bates plays and doesn't cause any issues we should be able to make another deep run.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
The way I see it, we definitely replaced Ricardo Allen and Tre Waynes. I think there is a good chance the new guys will be upgrades pretty fast and bolster the D even more. Time will tell with Bates and Bell. I'm just pumped we added talent and speed to the secondary.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 10:42 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Our secondary is very strong. You don’t trade one of your best players on defense unless you get a nice return and there’s a plan in place. We don’t have a plan until we see Hills development, and analysts believe Hill is more capable of taking Bells place than Bates.

Could you imagine how athletic we would be having Hill as the Bell replacement. Awuize would be our slowest defender.
Reply/Quote
Problem is Bates showed in 2021 he will wont give 100% without the contract with the Daxton Hill pick the Bengals just said you're walking in 2023 so I will expect him to play not to get hurt again and that hurts the team.

Trade him if there's a solid offer.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 11:16 PM)Synric Wrote: Problem is Bates showed in 2021 he will wont give 100% without the contract with the Daxton Hill pick the Bengals just said you're walking in 2023 so I will expect him to play not to get hurt again and that hurts the team.

This is the first thought that about Bates that came in my mind as well,when they drafted Daxton Hill.But,I still voted to keep Bates.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 11:06 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Could you imagine how athletic we would be having Hill as the Bell replacement. Awuize would be our slowest defender.

Preparing to defend the best offenses with speed and confusion
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 10:36 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Ahem sir. I have a question: once deactivated, can you reactivate the implant? Or once deactivated would it be rendered inoperable? 

It can only be re-activated if you possess the Katana of Lord Gromax.

So there is always a chance.  But you would need a true hero.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 11:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It can only be re-activated if you possess the Katana of Lord Gromax.

So there is always a chance.  But you would need a true hero.

Googled "Lord Gromax."  Big mistake.
Reply/Quote
I feel like this is a trick question.

Why the hell would we trade a guy providing top 5 services at his position whose under contract for 2 more years if we wanna tag him again?

Ask this after next year
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 11:42 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: This is the first thought that about Bates that came in my mind as well,when they drafted Daxton Hill.But,I still voted to keep Bates.

Im just hoping he was hurt 
-Housh
Reply/Quote
I had a set of dentures, but I misplaced the upper part. I don't have implants, but would like to. I might even buy a Bengals hat if the Bengals paid for them..  Cool
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Trading him depends on his positive or negative impact as a lame duck player. It also depends on what he can bring.
Reply/Quote
Keep but this will be his last season as a Bengal. Too many other must-sign players are going to need new contracts soon so can’t afford to pay him.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 11:16 PM)Synric Wrote: Problem is Bates showed in 2021 he will wont give 100% without the contract with the Daxton Hill pick the Bengals just said you're walking in 2023 so I will expect him to play not to get hurt again and that hurts the team.

Different this year, he is playing for his next contract. It’s do or die for a big second contract. He has to put out his best.
The time to trade him was early on day one for a first round pick. Then draft a top 3 safety. Now? Keep him for sure.
Reply/Quote