Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trade Candidates?
We all know that players like Cueto, Chapman, and Leake could be traded at some point this season for prospects.

Last year, I really wanted the Reds to trade for Joc Pederson, but it didn't happen.

What are some prospects to consider from teams that could make a trade for one of the Reds players on the block?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The price of Cueto and Chapman will probably limit the teams that we can trade them to. Secondly, it will probably be a contending team, so anybody on their 25 man is probably off limits. The Yankees, Red Sox and Tigers all have good top end OF and Pitching prospects.

Yankees: RHP - Severino and OF - Judge
Red Sox: LHP - Owens, LHP - Rodriguez and OF - Margot
Tigers: RHP - Farmer and OF - Moya
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2015, 02:13 PM)ochocincos Wrote: We all know that players like Cueto, Chapman, and Leake could be traded at some point this season for prospects.

Last year, I really wanted the Reds to trade for Joc Pederson, but it didn't happen.

What are some prospects to consider from teams that could make a trade for one of the Reds players on the block?

I doubt if they'll trade anyone. They have themselves deluded into thinking this group can contend.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Cueto is our best trade bait. Even as just a rent a player for this year, I think he will have value to teams going for it. I would not trade Chapman.

Catcher..Mez..probably are set here
1st Base..Votto...same
2nd base Phillips..aging, but they drafted Blandino last year
SS...Cozart..does he hit well enough..see above
3B...Frazier..probably are set here
RF...Bruce..unmoveable contract
CF...Hamilton...has a long leash..Reds will let him learn more
LF...Byrd..a stop gap...but they have Winker

Without mentioning specific players, my guess is they will try to find another middle infielder or pitching help
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2015, 08:57 AM)McC Wrote: I doubt if they'll trade anyone.  They have themselves deluded into thinking this group can contend.

This is so true... The writing has been on the wall since the end of last season, and yet Walt and Bryan think they can make a run with lead off hitters who cant get on base, a horrible bullpen, and a overpaid always slumping right fielder.
Reply/Quote
I don't know who they trade for, but they should start moving now. People will still come to games if they see some sort of plan to compete in the future. I think they stay away if they see this as the set team because everyone knows they are not going to compete. As long as people see this as the finished product, they have no reason to go to games.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Bruce is starting to hit and would be under team control, so if he continues hitting could see some interest in him. They will want to move Phillips, but don't see that getting done. Cueto is the obvious choice as a rent a player if they feel they can't sign him.
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2015, 10:26 PM)hotweales Wrote: Bruce is starting to hit and would be under team control, so if he continues hitting  could see some interest in him.  They will want to move Phillips, but don't see that getting done.  Cueto is the obvious choice as a rent a player if they feel they can't sign him.

I thought we had a chance at moving Phillips, but not getting much in return, until he got hurt. He had a hot start and was looking like his old self, then he had to go and remind teams he is old.
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2015, 12:49 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: I thought we had a chance at moving Phillips, but not getting much in return, until he got hurt. He had a hot start and was looking like his old self, then he had to go and remind teams he is old.

Personally, I would like to see them move Votto, Bruce, Cueto and Phillips. While I really like 3 out of the 4 players, the Reds have proven this core is not going to get it done. Move Mesoracco to First base so he doesn't get hurt so much. Barnhardt is very good defensively and we have Pena as well. Use the guys above to stock the cupboards with good young talent. This would also free up a lot of money going forward.
Reply/Quote
Let me know if y'all need a SS...my Mets have like 17 or something..usually we just turn them into Gold Glove Outfielders though.

[Image: juan-lagares.jpg?w=620&h=349&crop=1]
[Image: bey.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2015, 11:04 AM)hotweales Wrote: Personally, I would like to see them move Votto, Bruce, Cueto and Phillips.  While I really like 3 out of the 4 players, the Reds have proven this core is not going to get it done.  Move Mesoracco to First base so he doesn't get hurt so much.  Barnhardt is very good defensively and we have Pena as well.  Use the guys above to stock the cupboards with good young talent.  This would also free up a lot of money going forward.

I like your thinking...a lot.

Trouble is, it seems so unlikely. How much would somebody give up to take on Jay and his contract? It's not ridiculously high, but it ain't chicken feed either. And, is he worth it? Can you count on him in a stretch run?

Votto's contract is high. Maybe you can move him. Teams do crazy things to try to make a run.

Cueto would be a rental for someone, but, man, what a rental he would be. Put him on a team that can score him some runs and the sky is the limit.

Love the idea of moving Mes to first.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(05-22-2015, 11:04 AM)hotweales Wrote: Personally, I would like to see them move Votto, Bruce, Cueto and Phillips.  While I really like 3 out of the 4 players, the Reds have proven this core is not going to get it done.  Move Mesoracco to First base so he doesn't get hurt so much.  Barnhardt is very good defensively and we have Pena as well.  Use the guys above to stock the cupboards with good young talent.  This would also free up a lot of money going forward.

I'm not so sure about exactly who to trade, but I totally agree it's time to shake this team up ! We're last in all of baseball with a team .196 batting avg. with runners in scoring position ! Just nearly unbelievable. And it's the same story from the last couple seasons, just can't hit when it counts.

This team needs leaders bad, we have to be near the top in unforced base running errors and that's the same story from the last couple seasons as well. Votto barely jogging down to first on pop up's, it's just pitiful.

Bruce has to go, he's been in a 3 year slump and he ain't coming out. Votto really doesn't care so he can go as well. We can't keep Cueto so he works as well, after that I'm really not sure.
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2015, 01:19 PM)Steeler Eater Wrote: Let me know if y'all need a SS...my Mets have like 17 or something..usually we just turn them into Gold Glove Outfielders though.

[Image: juan-lagares.jpg?w=620&h=349&crop=1]

lmfao ThumbsUp
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
I could see a team like Detroit being very interested in Cueto. Boston would be an excellent fit for Votto. Bruce, I just don't know. Maybe Baltimore would have interest. I do agree that it is time to shake things up and I don't think any player should be off limits, except maybe Chapman, but the return on Chapman may be enough to let him go. They made a mistake when they let Boxberger go. He was your next closer and is pitching well in that spot this season. Atlanta got fed up with all the strikeouts and they blew it up last year. We need to do the same.
Reply/Quote
Can we trade Walt and Price and roster spots 1-40? Scrap the whole team and start over and trade the owner while we're at it.. This team is looking like the 90s Bungles..
Reply/Quote
I'd say with the All-Star game and all they're going to hold out hope at all costs until then. Post All-Star break I'd bet there will be a first class fire sale ongoing in Reds land.
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2015, 02:13 PM)ochocincos Wrote: We all know that players like Cueto, Chapman, and Leake could be traded at some point this season for prospects.

I hope they don't trade Chapman.  I saw how hard it is to find a closer as they ran out a very old Weathers and a very old and injured Every Day Eddie and a not very hot Coffey. ......I understand that last place teams dump payroll......but lets keep our young players and build for a possible World Series in 2020 and if it happens faster, great. ......The 1975 and 1990 World Series Reds were built over years.

Frazier is solid at 3rd, Hamilton is in a slump but has been a good young center field, Mesoraco injury may keep him from being able to squat and catch all season, but we could use his young bat at 1st base when back.....and we could really use young Mr Chapman as we move forward because good closers are very hard to find and they all cost money. Any good closer will need a high pay check, so might as well keep Chapman. 

We probably can't dump Votto and his huge contract on anybody....but I am all for going with youth.....when in doubt, go with youth......Reds losing in play-offs to Phillies in 2010 and then blowing series lead to Giants in the other play-off was probably the teams chance....and it's time to rebuild.....I hoped Reds had a chance in 2014, but Bailey and Mesoraco injuries are just killing them. .....There is the All-Star Game in Cincy !!!!!

Trading Chapman will be a huge mistake. Reds will run out some real stiffs as closers for years after that bonehead trade. We will be back to closers like Coffey....KEEP CHAPMAN
Reply/Quote
Chapman is a closer and teams that are in the hunt will want to solidify the back end of their bullpen. Face it, he is as good as gone... much like the Reds chance of being relevant this year.
Reply/Quote
If you are the Reds, you honestly should be viewing pretty much everyone on the 25 man as available with very few exceptions. No need to trade the guys who just got brought up this year, but after I think only Mes should be safe. Votto to Toronto, Cueto to the highest bidder, same with Chapman. Hoover seems to be getting people out, so see if you can deal him. Phillips, Cozart, Byrd, Bruce, even Pena as much as I love the guy. If a team comes along, everyone is for sale for the right price. Get younger, get cheaper, and maybe get back on track in 2017.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Because of his contract, Votto might be the only player that is safe.
Reply/Quote