Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trade/Cut/Restructure week
Teams have to be at/under the cap by 4 p.m. On March 15th(one week). There are currently 13 teams over the cap, but 11 are 8+ million or more over the cap. The Ravens are over due to tagging Jackson, not ideal for them at all.

We have seen a couple of LT's cut, LB's and more. We are seeing restructuring (kicking the can down the road). It will be interesting to see if Bengals cut anyone in coming weeks (they have 35 million so no urgency) to create more space to sign our own guys.

Mixon - restructure or cut
Boyd - Restructure or cut
Wilson - cut (no brainer as can't stay healthy)

I would cut all 3 if I were our GM for a day.

Thoughts?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
You would cut Logan Wilson, who is still under contract on a rookie deal?

Thank Jesus you are NOT GM for a day.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2023, 04:36 PM)Mgbrown66 Wrote: You would cut Logan Wilson, who is still under contract on a rookie deal?  

He must mean someone else, because cutting Logan makes no sense at all.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2023, 05:05 PM)Stewy Wrote: He must mean someone else, because cutting Logan makes no sense at all.

Let's go with Brandon.
Reply/Quote
Come on guys, you should know he isnt talking about Logan
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2023, 05:07 PM)phil413 Wrote: Let's go with Brandon.

That's right lol
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2023, 05:08 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Come on guys, you should know he isnt talking about Logan

Who's the other Wilson?
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2023, 06:47 PM)Stewy Wrote: Who's the other Wilson?

Brandon Wilson Safety/Kick Returner
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2023, 06:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Brandon Wilson Safety/Kick Returner

Ok good.  Glad someone clarified.
Reply/Quote
No way I restructure Boyd. He's making like 8.5 mil per. That's a bargain as is. Asking him to re-structure would be more insulting to a player of his caliber than outright cutting him.

Keep him around and enjoy one more season with the 3 headed monster before he leaves next year.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2023, 07:26 PM)samhain Wrote: No way I restructure Boyd.  He's making like 8.5 mil per.  That's a bargain as is.  Asking him to re-structure would be more insulting to a player of his caliber than outright cutting him.  

Keep him around and enjoy one more season with the 3 headed monster before he leaves next year.

Agree, no need to restructure Boyd's contract. Also, we save money by waiting till 6/1 to cut Mixon so that is the way I would go.
Reply/Quote
Pat Kirwan calls the the "REs"

RElease

REduce

REstructure

RElocate
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2023, 04:36 PM)Mgbrown66 Wrote: You would cut Logan Wilson, who is still under contract on a rookie deal?  

Sorry, I thought even a novice fan would know Branden Wilson makes 2 million a year and no dead cap money if cut.

Brandon Wilson
S
$1,900,000
-
-
-
$100,000
-
-
-
$2,000,000
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I'm definitely ready to see if the Bengals continue the move into the modern NFL and see if they do any restructures. I know Dehner and Morrison have mentioned that Trey Henderickson would be a prime candidate for a restructure.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2023, 02:17 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I'm definitely ready to see if the Bengals continue the move into the modern NFL and see if they do any restructures. I know Dehner and Morrison have mentioned that Trey Henderickson would be a prime candidate for a restructure.

Why would he restructure when he’s playing so well?

To me Mixon is the only restructure candidate
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2023, 07:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Pat Kirwan calls the the "REs"

RElease

REduce

REstructure

RElocate

The only REs I know are "reduce, reuse, recycle!" (thanks, elementary school)
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2023, 04:31 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Mixon - restructure or cut
Boyd - Restructure or cut

(03-08-2023, 07:26 PM)samhain Wrote: No way I restructure Boyd.

(03-09-2023, 11:23 AM)Housh Wrote: Why would he restructure when he’s playing so well?

[Image: thumb_you-keep-using-that-word-i-do-not-...144031.png]
Ninja

- - - - - - -

Restructure =/= Pay Cut

Restructure is when a guy turns base salary into a signing bonus in order to help the team move cap hits around. 

Say a player is making $10m base salary in 2023 and 2024. You restructure $5m of their $10m base salary in 2023 into a signing bonus, allowing you to prorate that new $5m signing bonus. Now the player had $5m base salary and $2.5m signing bonus prorate in 2023 ($7.5m cap hit) and $5m base salary and $2.5m signing bonus prorate in 2024 ($12.5m cap hit). Same total cap hit between the two years, and they get the same money (some of it actually comes up front rather than waiting for it in weekly pay checks). 

You aren't increasing pay, or reducing pay, you are simply restructuring how they are receiving it for cap account purposes.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2023, 11:23 AM)Housh Wrote: Why would he restructure when he’s playing so well?

https://overthecap.com/restructure
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote