Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trade Deadline Hunter Henry
I have a trade proposal for Hunter Henry of Pats. Jackson Carman for Hunter Henry and Pats take on 3 million of Henry's 2023 contract for rest of year.

It likely won't happen, but I can dream.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2023, 11:01 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I have a trade proposal for Hunter Henry of Pats. Jackson Carman for Hunter Henry and Pats take on 3 million of Henry's 2023 contract for rest of year.

It likely won't happen, but I can dream.

Yep, that's a dream for sure. The Pats lose that trade horribly.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2023, 11:11 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Yep, that's a dream for sure. The Pats lose that trade horribly.

Do you realize Henry is not signed in 2024, he is a free agent? Pats gain 4.5 million in salary cap to roll over after giving Bengals 3 million.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2023, 12:09 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Do you realize Henry is not signed in 2024, he is a free agent? Pats gain 4.5 million in salary cap to roll over after giving Bengals 3 million.

I do realize this, but he has been productive for them. They gain a nobody on the offensive line and have to pay to do it, all for $4.5MM minus Carman's contract in return. Perhaps I am underestimating what that value does, but I don't see why this would be a good trade for them. I guess the idea is that they get something, anything out of him instead of him walking in FA but the return is just so low. 
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2023, 12:30 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I do realize this, but he has been productive for them. They gain a nobody on the offensive line and have to pay to do it, all for $4.5MM minus Carman's contract in return. Perhaps I am underestimating what that value does, but I don't see why this would be a good trade for them. I guess the idea is that they get something, anything out of him instead of him walking in FA but the return is just so low. 

All I hear in this forum is OL coach stinks. Is JC the issue or is coaching the issue? BB may think it is coaching.

Reply/Quote
Doubt it happens, but JC has actually looked "serviceable" at LT ONLY. Maybe a team would give up "something" to give JC a shot at LT. The Bengals don't value LC because he seems to lack position versatility on the OL. He's only looked even serviceable at LT.
Reply/Quote