Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mock Draft Database Simulation
So in looking online they claim that this is the most realistic free mock draft simulation tool so I gave it a shot and this is what I ended up at. As with most of my simulations I generally do not use trades. Take a look and see what you think.

Round 1 - 31st Selection

[Image: usa_today_17200909.jpg]

Daxton Hill - DB - Xichigan - 6'0" 191

As I have stated in other simulations when I have selected Hill versatility makes him such an immense weapon. To have the dilemma to play this young man at safety or corner is a nice one to have. While I feel he will play safety I have no doubt that this kid as well could be an elite NFL lockdown corner. Outside of his speed. 4.38 - 40, he is silky smooth with his hips and feet coupled with outstanding anticipation and football IQ.

Round 2 - 63rd Selection

[Image: FOoPXB5XoAI0-Qf?format=jpg&name=small]

Dylan Parham - G/C - Memphis - 6"3" 311

Depending on the ranking or simulator you will see Parham all over the board. I had reservations early on about him being ranked this high then I saw his Senior Bowl performance and watched much more film. He is NFL ready! Watch the Houston tape. Houston had a really defensive line and they had several guys they rotate in and out to keep them fresh. Notably his performance against Hall from Houston who I believe will be an outstanding NFL D lineman. Parham never played center at Memphis but he did take snaps at center at the Senior Bowl and some believe he can be a natural there.

Round 3 - 95th Selection

[Image: doi7xrtu1a2fytjdytxv.jpg]

Jelani Woods - TE - Virginia - 6'7" 259

I had a real dilemma with this selection as Trey McBride had slid in this simulation as was available as well. With McBride you have solid production throughout his collegiate career as well as being pretty complete and technically sound in almost all areas of his game to go along with some decent speed. Woods did not do much at Oklahoma State and '21 was by far his most productive season. However, what a season it was. While he is far more raw than McBride his size and speed, which is just a tick behind McBride, make him a crazy mismatch for defenses. I feel that '21 was just a glimpse of how good this kid can actually be.

Round 4 - 136th Selection

[Image: 32fde1c09b6198114f423b5be6781ce3?width=1...us_default]

Braxton Jones - OT - Southern Utah - 6'5" 310

When you watch film of Jones you will think he is much bigger than he measured at the combine and this could be partly because of his 35"+ arms. He plays bigger than listed and when he sets and anchors he extremely difficult to move. His game is not perfect which is why he is available in the 4th round but there is a heck of a lot of talent for a guy like Pollack to work with. Tape shows a kid that should be suited to play L or R tackle at the NFL level. Will overextend in trying to get to defenders at times getting himself off balance but this is a technique issue that should be fixable. I encourage watching film on him.

Round 5 - 174th Selection

[Image: josh-williams-FEAT-IMG.jpg]

Joshua Williams - CB - Fayetteville State - 6'3" 195

Williams showed up at the Senior Bowl and really turned some heads. Evaluators raved about his physical play and his straight line speed which shows up in his play as functional football speed. At the combine he ran a 4.53 which is not considered elite speed by any means but when you watch tape on this kid you see a player that is running his timed speed with or without pads. The length he brings to the position is certainly elite and so are his feet and hips. He will see a serious rise in competition level but when you are as technically sound as Williams is it should ease that transition a bit.

Round 6 - 209th Selection

[Image: WATCH-Jack-Coan-connects-Kevin-Austin-Jr...e-Dame.png]

Kevin Austin Jr. - WR - ND - 6'2" 200

Austin broke out for the Irish in '21 and showed a player with all the attributes you are looking for at the NFL level. This is certainly a selection of future potential but the size, speed, and ball skills you want to see at the next level are all there. In the past this is a selection that I would have worried about but the staff we have now seem to understand and have the ability to continue the development process of young players and to use them to their strengths.

Round 7 - 226th Selection

[Image: Shutterstock_12612109w.jpg]

Esezi Otomewo - DL - Minnesota - 6'5" 282

Played the edge for Minnesota but may be more suited for a rotational position as a 3 technique on passing downs and as a rotational end on running downs. Very strong player that plays with a high motor and could be productive as a swing lineman in the NFL. Lauded by the Minnesota staff for his work and constant effort in practices. Has some abilities that Hobby may be able to develop. At the least could be a very solid depth piece.

Round 7 - 252nd Selection

[Image: Wright_CJ.jpg]

C.J. Wright - DT - Georgia Southern - 6'0" 285

When you want to talk about pure power then this kid should be in the discussion. As a two star high school prospect he was benching 515, squatting 685, and running a 4.95 - 40. Played out of position at Ga. Southern lining up as at NT and still posted 5 sacks and 8 TFL in the '21 season. Clearly at the NFL level this kid is a 3 technique with traits similar to some very productive 3 techniques that are similar to him in size and stature. Worst case Wright would be a PS developmental player.
Reply/Quote
Hill is a great pick at 31. The rest is pretty painful, to be honest. Parham basically guarantees we wasted a 2nd round pick on a backup player either last year or this year and it's not even like he's a value you can't pass up at 63. Passing on McBride to reach for Woods in the 3rd is brutal. 2 small school OL in the first 4 picks after signing 3 in FA is a kick in the nuts.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Maybe you should have went with someone other than Hill in the 1st? After that, the entire draft seemed to gain momentum heading down hill..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2022, 07:48 PM)Whatever Wrote: Hill is a great pick at 31. The rest is pretty painful, to be honest. Parham basically guarantees we wasted a 2nd round pick on a backup player either last year or this year and it's not even like he's a value you can't pass up at 63. Passing on McBride to reach for Woods in the 3rd is brutal. 2 small school OL in the first 4 picks after signing 3 in FA is a kick in the nuts.

We don’t know if Carman’s back is fully healed or what type of condition he will report to camp. He is still a question mark in my mind. And the Bengals ended the year with Adeniji and Prince starting on the right side. Personally, I haven’t liked Prince since he was a Buckeye. Anything that pushes him off the roster is an upgrade.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2022, 12:32 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: We don’t know if Carman’s back is fully healed or what type of condition he will report to camp. He is still a question mark in my mind. And the Bengals ended the year with Adeniji and Prince starting on the right side. Personally, I haven’t liked Prince since he was a Buckeye. Anything that pushes him off the roster is an upgrade.

Even if you're not sold on Carmen, Parham played in the AAC.  It's a massive long shot that he can beat out Carman for the job as a rookie with the massive jump in competition, and there will be other guys fighting for that spot, like Smith.  It's not like Green or Johnson fell and you just can't pass up the value.  Jones is another small school project for the future.  A Day 3 small school prospect is not going to come in and play Prince off the roster.  If you're that worried about OL depth that you're spending two of your top four picks, at least take guys that have played big boy college football and might stand a fighting chance if they have to play in '22.  

The Bengals should be in win now mode.  A draft full of projects and small school guys is the opposite of that.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2022, 12:32 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: We don’t know if Carman’s back is fully healed or what type of condition he will report to camp. He is still a question mark in my mind. And the Bengals ended the year with Adeniji and Prince starting on the right side. Personally, I haven’t liked Prince since he was a Buckeye. Anything that pushes him off the roster is an upgrade.

Pollack just gave him praise just a few weeks ago. He's already working out and getting ready for next season. Pretty sure he's the starting LG next year.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2022/3/21/22987875/bengals-coach-frank-pollack-jackson-carman
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2022, 08:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Maybe you should have went with someone other than Hill in the 1st?  After that, the entire draft seemed to gain momentum heading down hill..

Well isn't that insightful.
Reply/Quote
Tiger

- Hill
I love him as a prospect because the game now is about versatility and thats fluid and position less. My only hesitation in selecting him is how many snaps would he get this season. Do we sacrifice the draft real estate for starter expectations. Not sure. A pick at this position 31 tells you two things. 1 Bates won't be here in next year or...2 Bates will get franchised or traded in 24. Love the pick but in a crazy hesitation Pitrie is my guy just saying.

-Parham
The tools are definitely there for staring potential.Just in my opinion the second round player if selected for the offensive line will have skins on the wall with the capabilities of mauling a man. Those credentials only.
I like Ham in the third to simmer for dinner. Solid pick!

- Woods
If he looked in the mirror and seen non other than Darren Wallers face then I'd be shocked. The more I watch him the more I'd love for him to catch bullets from Burrow! I just unfortunately dont see him making it to us late three outside of trade OSU. Would you go 2nd?lol ( Don't tell anyone but I would)

-Jones
This is a great spot to select him or any tackle prospect to me. I do think he has the traits to stay on the left side. The biggest mistake to me that Frank made was moving Adeniji inside. It ruined his development on the outside where he showed proven potential to grow. I think new stripe city had him on and he stated that he hadn't played guard since HS but was a pinch player in college. Love the pick here for BJ though!

- Austin
I'm a big fan of his game and the testing kinda confirmed it for me. The book on him was the drops but I saw a guy that elevated his game year to year. Good pick!

-I like the late CB as well as a 6th or 7th.

Nice Mock OSU!

PS: I love simulations because ultimately you pick the players! I prefer PFF because mistakes are penalizes more and they call you to the carpet on BS.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2022, 06:57 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Well isn't that insightful.

Sorry man, didn't mean to come off like that.  Just not a fan of that draft after Hill.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
So which simulator did you use? Unclear to me from the OP.
Reply/Quote
OK, I got it. I tried my hand. No trades:

1) Zion Johnson, OG/OL, Boston College.
2) Jaquan Brisker, S, Penn State
3) Troy Andersen, LB, Montana State
4) Cam Taylor-Britt, CB, Nebraska
5) Jake Ferguson, TE, Wisconsin
6) Jerreth Sterns, WR, Western Kentucky
7) Kevin Austin Jr, WR, Notre Dame
7) Jake Camarda, P, Georgia

Whiffed DT, DE, and OT. Nor did I get a PR guy. I'd be calling Larry O and Reiff. Zion was too good to pass up at #31. Had my pick of TEs in the 2nd but went with Brisker, with most of the appealing CBs/Ss and DTs gone. Thought about reaching for Sanders out of UC but was fine with Brisker.

Woods was still there in the 3rd & 4th, as were some other decent edge guys. But I thought CTB was best value defensive guy on the board. Got my TE in Rd 5, and the kid from Iowas State was also available. I had no idea late.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2022, 03:26 PM)OSUfan Wrote: So in looking online they claim that this is the most realistic free mock draft simulation tool so I gave it a shot and this is what I ended up at. As with most of my simulations I generally do not use trades. Take a look and see what you think.

Round 1 - 31st Selection

[Image: usa_today_17200909.jpg]

Daxton Hill - DB - Xichigan - 6'0" 191

As I have stated in other simulations when I have selected Hill versatility makes him such an immense weapon. To have the dilemma to play this young man at safety or corner is a nice one to have. While I feel he will play safety I have no doubt that this kid as well could be an elite NFL lockdown corner. Outside of his speed. 4.38 - 40, he is silky smooth with his hips and feet coupled with outstanding anticipation and football IQ.

Round 2 - 63rd Selection

[Image: FOoPXB5XoAI0-Qf?format=jpg&name=small]

Dylan Parham - G/C - Memphis - 6"3" 311

Depending on the ranking or simulator you will see Parham all over the board. I had reservations early on about him being ranked this high then I saw his Senior Bowl performance and watched much more film. He is NFL ready! Watch the Houston tape. Houston had a really defensive line and they had several guys they rotate in and out to keep them fresh. Notably his performance against Hall from Houston who I believe will be an outstanding NFL D lineman. Parham never played center at Memphis but he did take snaps at center at the Senior Bowl and some believe he can be a natural there.

Round 3 - 95th Selection

[Image: doi7xrtu1a2fytjdytxv.jpg]

Jelani Woods - TE - Virginia - 6'7" 259

I had a real dilemma with this selection as Trey McBride had slid in this simulation as was available as well. With McBride you have solid production throughout his collegiate career as well as being pretty complete and technically sound in almost all areas of his game to go along with some decent speed. Woods did not do much at Oklahoma State and '21 was by far his most productive season. However, what a season it was. While he is far more raw than McBride his size and speed, which is just a tick behind McBride, make him a crazy mismatch for defenses. I feel that '21 was just a glimpse of how good this kid can actually be.

Round 4 - 136th Selection

[Image: 32fde1c09b6198114f423b5be6781ce3?width=1...us_default]

Braxton Jones - OT - Southern Utah - 6'5" 310

When you watch film of Jones you will think he is much bigger than he measured at the combine and this could be partly because of his 35"+ arms. He plays bigger than listed and when he sets and anchors he extremely difficult to move. His game is not perfect which is why he is available in the 4th round but there is a heck of a lot of talent for a guy like Pollack to work with. Tape shows a kid that should be suited to play L or R tackle at the NFL level. Will overextend in trying to get to defenders at times getting himself off balance but this is a technique issue that should be fixable. I encourage watching film on him.

Round 5 - 174th Selection

[Image: josh-williams-FEAT-IMG.jpg]

Joshua Williams - CB - Fayetteville State - 6'3" 195

Williams showed up at the Senior Bowl and really turned some heads. Evaluators raved about his physical play and his straight line speed which shows up in his play as functional football speed. At the combine he ran a 4.53 which is not considered elite speed by any means but when you watch tape on this kid you see a player that is running his timed speed with or without pads. The length he brings to the position is certainly elite and so are his feet and hips. He will see a serious rise in competition level but when you are as technically sound as Williams is it should ease that transition a bit.

Round 6 - 209th Selection

[Image: WATCH-Jack-Coan-connects-Kevin-Austin-Jr...e-Dame.png]

Kevin Austin Jr. - WR - ND - 6'2" 200

Austin broke out for the Irish in '21 and showed a player with all the attributes you are looking for at the NFL level. This is certainly a selection of future potential but the size, speed, and ball skills you want to see at the next level are all there. In the past this is a selection that I would have worried about but the staff we have now seem to understand and have the ability to continue the development process of young players and to use them to their strengths.

Round 7 - 226th Selection

[Image: Shutterstock_12612109w.jpg]

Esezi Otomewo - DL - Minnesota - 6'5" 282

Played the edge for Minnesota but may be more suited for a rotational position as a 3 technique on passing downs and as a rotational end on running downs. Very strong player that plays with a high motor and could be productive as a swing lineman in the NFL. Lauded by the Minnesota staff for his work and constant effort in practices. Has some abilities that Hobby may be able to develop. At the least could be a very solid depth piece.

Round 7 - 252nd Selection

[Image: Wright_CJ.jpg]

C.J. Wright - DT - Georgia Southern - 6'0" 285

When you want to talk about pure power then this kid should be in the discussion. As a two star high school prospect he was benching 515, squatting 685, and running a 4.95 - 40. Played out of position at Ga. Southern lining up as at NT and still posted 5 sacks and 8 TFL in the '21 season. Clearly at the NFL level this kid is a 3 technique with traits similar to some very productive 3 techniques that are similar to him in size and stature. Worst case Wright would be a PS developmental player.

I'm fine with the first round, but not round 2 and 3.  Easy for me to say since I don't have a list of who was there, but I would have been looking more CB, DE, and WR over G and TE.  I am not a big fan of Woods at all.  Big time double-clutcher of the ball...not good hands at all.  Love his athleticism, but I think against NFL defenses, he gets popped before he secures the ball and could lead to INTs.

Really like the later picks, and there are some guys like Wright that I had not researched.  Props on always including their Senior Bowl performance if they were there, as I think most teams put a lot of stock in that.  
Reply/Quote
I love it as far as the positions go. Solid! I've been high on Woods up until recently. The guy plays like a roblox character. Basically he's Jermaine Gresham v2. Dulcich makes a lot of sense for the Bengals as far as TE goes.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2022, 12:29 AM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

- Hill
I love him as a prospect because the game now is about versatility and thats fluid and position less. My only hesitation in selecting him is how many snaps would he get this season. Do we sacrifice the draft real estate for starter expectations. Not sure. A pick at this position 31 tells you two things. 1 Bates won't be here in next year or...2 Bates will get franchised or traded in 24. Love the pick but in a crazy hesitation Pitrie is my guy just saying.

-Parham
The tools are definitely there for staring potential.Just in my opinion the second round player if selected for the offensive line will have skins on the wall with the capabilities of mauling a man. Those credentials only.

- Woods
If he looked in the mirror and seen non other than Darren Wallers face then I'd be shocked. The more I watch him the more I'd love for him to catch bullets from Burrow! I just unfortunately dont see him making it to us late three outside of trade OSU. Would you go 2nd?lol ( Don't tell anyone but I would)

-Jones
This is a great spot to select him or any tackle prospect to me. I do think he has the traits to stay on the left side. The biggest mistake to me that Frank made was moving Adeniji inside. It ruined his development on the outside where he showed proven potential to grow. I think new stripe city had him on and he stated that he hadn't played guard since HS but was a pinch player in college. Love the pick here for BJ though!

- Austin
I'm a big fan of his game and the testing kinda confirmed it for me. The book on him was the drops but I saw a guy that elevated his game year to year. Good pick!

Nice Mock OSU!

PS: I love simulations because ultimately you pick the players!  I prefer PFF because mistakes are penalizes more and they call you to the carpet on BS.

Your point on Hill seeing snaps as a rookie will go for about any rookie aside from a potential rotational DT.
If Apple and Carman play well, a true DB and OL will be riding the bench all year unless/until an injury occurs.

So I think if the goal is for your 1st rounder to have the highest likelihood of having an impact right away, it's going be at IOL, DB, or DT.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-12-2022, 12:29 AM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

- Hill

-Parham

- Woods

-Jones

- Austin

Nice Mock OSU!

PS: I love simulations because ultimately you pick the players!  I prefer PFF because mistakes are penalizes more and they call you to the carpet on BS.

The beauty with Hill is that he could get a ton of snaps due to his versatility. He could play CB or S and play either at a high level. I believe he eventually is a safety but he is also a guy that if placed at CB stays there and has a long highly productive career.

I was hesitant with the Parham selections but the more film I watch the more I see a very solid player that could turn out to be a long term answer at C.

The more I think about it the more I feel I probably should have taken McBride here simply out of his stability at the position. However, I think Woods is only starting to figure out how good he can be and the mismatches he could create could be huge for an offense.

People stating they do not like Braxton Jones have not watched film on him. This kid really is a good OT and I believe he could easily be a starting RT as a rookie. Not being forced into action early would allow Pollack to work with him and refine some of his technique such as overextending at times.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2022, 08:08 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Sorry man, didn't mean to come off like that.  Just not a fan of that draft after Hill.

Have you watched any film at all on Braxton Jones?
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2022, 08:22 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Have you watched any film at all on Braxton Jones?

Braxton Jones is a real good prospect.  93.6 PFF run block grade last year and a 90 pass block grade. Has a zone grade of 94.5 which fits us perfectly. He doesn't bend very well. As a result, he relies on his upper body and strength to stop the bull rush. He could maximize his strength by having more flexibility in his lower half.He doesn’t have a strong punch or latch strength in his hands. He is also not a vertical mover in the run game. These are all fixable with the right coaching.
Reply/Quote