Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Trade Idea involving AJ Green and offseason FA/Draft
Ok may be a tad detailed but I think this is a good plan of attack at making us relavant again:

1) We franchise AJ Green then work out a deal with the Patriots for their 1st(23) and 3rd(87). they will still keep their 3rd rd comp pick.

2) release A. Dalton and Cordy Glenn netting a savings of 27 million

-the above players allow us to add 40 million to our salary cap

Free Agents:

- we try to address areas of need via FA, allowing us to go BPA the entire draft

1) Nick Kwitowski-ILB (Bears)- solid interior LB'er upgrade

2) DeMarcus Robinson-WR (Chiefs)- not flashy but adds to depth

3 )Graham Glasgow-LG (Lions)- starter to protect Burrow, allows M.Jordan to be depth

4) Karl Joseph- SS (Raiders)- takes over at SS, moving S.Williams to backup s/lbin hybrid packages

Re-Sign:

1) Andrew Billings-NT

2) Nick Vigil-OLB

3) Clayton Fedjelum-S

4) Darqueze Dennard-CB

5) Josh Topou-NT

6) Brandon Wilson- KR/S

7) Tyler Eifert-TE

-we have no real big FA's other than Eifert, Billings and Dennard so these should get done.

Draft: 1-4

1-1) Joe Burrow-QB LSU

1-23 pats) Brandon Aiyuk WR Arizona St.

2) Bradley Anae- Edge Utah

3) Jordyn Brooks- LB Texas Tech

3-87 pats) Ben Bartch OT St. Johns

4) Stanford Samuels -CB Florida St.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2020, 02:45 PM)schroomytunes Wrote: Ok may be a tad detailed but I think this is a good plan of attack at making us relavant again:

1) We franchise AJ Green then work out a deal with the Patriots for their 1st(23) and 3rd(87). they will still keep their 3rd rd comp pick.

2) release A. Dalton and Cordy Glenn netting a savings of 27 million

-the above players allow us to add 40 million to our salary cap

Free Agents:

- we try to address areas of need via FA, allowing us to go BPA the entire draft

1) Nick Kwitowski-ILB (Bears)- solid interior LB'er upgrade

2) DeMarcus Robinson-WR (Chiefs)- not flashy but adds to depth

3 )Graham Glasgow-LG (Lions)- starter to protect Burrow, allows M.Jordan to be depth

4) Karl Joseph- SS (Raiders)- takes over at SS, moving S.Williams to backup s/lbin hybrid packages

Re-Sign:

1) Andrew Billings-NT

2) Nick Vigil-OLB

3) Clayton Fedjelum-S

4) Darqueze Dennard-CB

5) Josh Topou-NT

6) Brandon Wilson- KR/S

7) Tyler Eifert-TE

-we have no real big FA's other than Eifert, Billings and Dennard so these should get done.

Draft: 1-4

1-1) Joe Burrow-QB LSU  

1-23 pats) Brandon Aiyuk WR Arizona St.

2) Bradley Anae- Edge Utah

3) Jordyn Brooks- LB  Texas Tech

3-87 pats) Ben Bartch OT St. Johns

4) Stanford Samuels -CB Florida St.
 Bilichick is not stupid enough to give up that much for a aging injury prone WR who would be a free agent in 2020.
Reply/Quote
I think we will be luck to get a 2nd pick for AJ but there is no way anyone will give up their 1st.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2020, 02:58 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote:  Bilichick is not stupid enough to give up that much for a aging injury prone WR who would be a free agent in 2020.

(02-24-2020, 04:59 AM)JWW1971 Wrote: I think we will be luck to get a 2nd pick for AJ but there is no way anyone will give up their 1st.

Eh, you never know if AJ is 100% at this time... 

No WR in this Draft has proven what AJ has in the NFL.

Love this scenario Schroomy our team would be majorly improved if all this happened.  Rock On
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2020, 04:59 AM)JWW1971 Wrote: I think we will be luck to get a 2nd pick for AJ but there is no way anyone will give up their 1st.

If that's the case, definitely don't trade him. You won't be able to replace what Green can do with a 1st round pick. The year he came out was a rare year for WR's with Julio and Green, and I believe Antonio Brown was a mid round pick. That's unreal. There's no clear cut Julio/AJ Green player in this draft. 

I don't understand everyone wanting to sell low here with Green. It makes no sense. If he had 15 TDs last year we would get way better compensation, but nobody would want to trade him. 

If you hit on a draft pick like Green, you try to get your moneys worth from him. Bottom line. If you fail on a draft pick like Cedric Og, you cut bait after it's clear he won't contribute. Seeing as you don't hit on all your picks, it doesn't make sense to trade someone you actually hit on, for an unknown draft pick that is a 50/50 shot at hitting. Idiotic. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If you really want to trade the guy, here's what you do:

Franchise tag. Let him light it up the first few weeks of the season. Then trade him. That's the only way you get fair compensation. But by the time he starts lighting it up, nobody will want to see him leave.
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2020, 04:56 PM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: If you really want to trade the guy, here's what you do:

Franchise tag. Let him light it up the first few weeks of the season. Then trade him. That's the only way you get fair compensation. But by the time he starts lighting it up, nobody will want to see him leave.

Yes, because then he would look fully worth $1M/game.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2020, 05:00 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yes, because then he would look fully worth $1M/game.

I get that its a what have you done for me lately league. But a lot of guys on the boards here act like he's completely washed up after a couple fluke injuries. It really makes no sense to me. Just as it doesn't make sense to sell Green when his value has never been lower. 
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2020, 04:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Eh, you never know if AJ is 100% at this time... 

No WR in this Draft has proven what AJ has in the NFL.

He was 100% last year and the year before and that has returned a total of eight games over that time span. I hope that AJ can return to his former playing ability but is it worth the gamble? If the Bengals are even thinking about not re-signing him what would that signal to other teams?
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2020, 05:10 PM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: I get that its a what have you done for me lately league. But a lot of guys on the boards here act like he's completely washed up after a couple fluke injuries. It really makes no sense to me. Just as it doesn't make sense to sell Green when his value has never been lower. 

You act like there aren't risks to re-signing him. Especially if he wants a ton of up front money. The 24 games he has missed , at one mil/game, was payment enough for what he has done before. If anything he owes the team. He could repay them with a team friendly deal.
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2020, 05:11 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: He was 100% last year and the year before and that has returned a total of eight games over that time span. I hope that AJ can return to his former playing ability but is it worth the gamble? If the Bengals are even thinking about not re-signing him what would that signal to other teams?

It is risky to keep him but it is even riskier to tag him for one season at 18 million IMO.

If I tag him, I trade him and I honestly think we could get a 2nd and even maybe a late first for him like Schroomy says here.

BTW, from what I have been hearing the Bengals are really thinking about re-signing him and Mixon...
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2020, 05:31 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote:   You act like there aren't risks to re-signing him. Especially if he wants a ton of up front money. The 24 games he has missed , at one mil/game, was payment enough for what he has done before. If anything he owes the team. He could repay them with a team friendly deal.
WhoDey2 I said this this earlier, right after the season and got majorly flamed.

...you might want to put on a fire suit...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(03-02-2020, 01:57 AM)JSR18 Wrote: WhoDey2 I said this this earlier, right after the season and got majorly flamed.

...you might want to put on a fire suit...

AJ has been payed for his contributions to the team at the tune of 80 mil. He has been paid the last 24 million without catching a pass. I don't see why people think the team owes him a big contract. His health and ability to play at a top level should be the only factor that determines his value in contract negotiations. A contract that pays him 18 mil /year with 18 mil guaranteed would be more than fair. The team has been handcuffed for the last 24 games because of his ability to stay the field. Overpaying him these next few years could have dire consequences on the next few years. 
Reply/Quote
I'd try to package AJ Green and Andy Dalton to Miami for #5
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2020, 06:46 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: I'd try to package AJ Green and Andy Dalton to Miami for #5

Didn't Devante Parker just have a great year for Miami?

Would love this scenario just find it highly unlikely.

At least we tagged Green so we can trade him for something nice, we will most likely trade Dalton hopefully for something...

All I know is I hope we work out a good deal with Green that accounts for his injuries rather than keeping him for 18 mil for a year.

Broken record I know. ThumbsUp

I think a more practical package deal would be for the Pats pick at 23 if Brady leaves.
Reply/Quote