Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trade Jonah to the Colts
They need a LT badly and they have a young TE we could use in Jelani Woods....done deal make it happen !!
Reply/Quote
I like the idea, but we'd probably have to throw in a pick to balance it out.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 02:06 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I like the idea, but we'd probably have to throw in a pick to balance it out.

give them a 5th then.
Reply/Quote
Information 
What about Jonah for a 5th and Jonathan Taylor?  It'd make sense for both teams IMO.   
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 01:53 AM)pulses Wrote: They need a LT badly and they have a young TE we could use in Jelani Woods....done deal make it happen !!

Bernhard Raimann has a pretty decent rookie season for them.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 02:45 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: Bernhard Raimann has a pretty decent rookie season for them.

From what i've heard from Colts fans they were not happy with him. Raimann can always go to OG.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 02:34 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: What about Jonah for a 5th and Jonathan Taylor?  It'd make sense for both teams IMO.   

They should just go ahead and throw in Quentin Nelson and DeForest Buckner, too.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
They aren’t moving Jelani Wood but they were shopping Moe Ali Cox earlier this off season.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 02:34 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: What about Jonah for a 5th and Jonathan Taylor?  It'd make sense for both teams IMO.   

You've been hitting that little Hobbit pipe too hard for too long, bud. 
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 09:18 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: They should just go ahead and throw in Quentin Nelson and DeForest Buckner, too.
Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 09:46 AM)Au165 Wrote: They aren’t moving Jelani Wood but they were shopping Moe Ali Cox earlier this off season.

This is a deep class for TE's so they might.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 02:45 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: Bernhard Raimann has a pretty decent rookie season for them.

(03-18-2023, 03:31 AM)pulses Wrote: From what i've heard from Colts fans they were not happy with him. Raimann can always go to OG.

Raimann played 711 snaps, which was 61.77% of the total offensive snaps (1151).
In those 711 snaps, there were 428 pass block snaps (60.2%).
He allowed 7 sacks and 27 total pressures, according to PFF.
If Raimann had been able to play 100% of the offensive snaps (720 pass block snaps), he was on pace to have allowed 11 sacks and 43 total pressures.
That's right about on par with what Jonah allowed (12 sacks, 43 total pressures on 724 pass block snaps and 1101 total snaps).

I think Jonah is better than what he showed in 2022, but Raimann also will likely get better, as he was just a rookie last season.
It might not really be worth it to swap Raimann for Jonah.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 06:43 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Raimann played 711 snaps, which was 61.77% of the total offensive snaps (1151).
If Raimann had been able to play 100% of the offensive snaps (720 pass block snaps), he was on pace to have allowed 11 sacks and 43 total pressures.
That's right about on par with what Jonah allowed (12 sacks, 43 total pressures on 724 pass block snaps and 1101 total snaps).

I think Jonah is better than what he showed in 2022, but Raimann also will likely get better, as he was just a rookie last season.

Aslong as the Colts take Jonah and we get a young player of need or a pick out of it I don't care where they play. Before his injury plagued season last year Jonah was average and a lot of teams don't even have that at this time.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 03:31 AM)pulses Wrote: From what i've heard from Colts fans they were not happy with him. Raimann can always go to OG.

What fans think has no bearing on it. I'm going by what Chris Ballard has said since the season ended.

One example, from Colts.com:

Rookie left tackle Bernhard Raimann emerged as a bright spot over the second half of the season, too. The 2022 third-round pick held his own against a gauntlet of pass rushers that ranged from young superstars (like the Cowboys' Micah Parsons) to established veterans (like the Chargers' Khalil Mack). Raimann's 76.5 PFF pass block grade ranked 21st out of 81 tackles with a minimum of 100 snaps from Weeks 9-18; among rookie tackles, that PFF grade ranked second out of 10.

Ballard said he was "very encouraged" by Raimann's progress, especially from where he started – Raimann had a tough go in his first career start in Week 5 against the Denver Broncos, then was tagged with allowing three sacks in his second career start in Week 9 against the New England Patriots.

"Early was rough, as it is for most left tackles," Ballard said. "I mean, we want them to be Jonathan Ogden the second they walk in the league or (Anthony) Castonzo. We forget Anthony had his struggles early. Most left tackles do have their struggles early.

"But to his credit, I'll never forget leaving New England and Bernhard is passionate, cares and wants to do the right thing. He's got tears in his eyes walking to the bus. I remember telling him, I said, 'Look, you're going to have days like this in this league.' And I said, 'But your mental toughness and your ability to reset is important.' And I said, 'And for you to make it, you have to do that.' To the kid's credit, he battled his (butt) off. He got better each week.

"Sure, he's got some things he's got to work on. He's got to get a little bit bigger, little bit stronger, but we thought he performed at a winning level the last seven, eight weeks of the season. I know there was a couple of plays and some mistakes out there, they all do. Look across the league, players make mistakes. They're not perfect."
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 06:43 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Raimann played 711 snaps, which was 61.77% of the total offensive snaps (1151).

Yeah, I just don't see them bailing on Raimann, especially after the 2nd half he had...specifically in pass protection. Raimann was one of the few bright spots in a bad Colts offense.

Who knows though. I didn't expect us to land Jr either. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 07:09 PM)pulses Wrote: Aslong as the Colts take Jonah and we get a young player of need or a pick out of it I don't care where they play. Before his injury plagued season last year Jonah was average and a lot of teams don't even have that at this time.

All I was providing what I felt was evidence of is that Raimann performed about on the same caliber as Jonah in 2022.
As such, I would be somewhat surprised to see the Colts trade for Williams.
LG, C, and RT are all set with Nelson, Kelly, and Braden Smith.
If the Colts would feel like Raimann might be able to handle RG duties, that's about the only move I could possibly see.
But alternatively, they could leave Raimann at LT and draft a RG (assuming they aren't happy with Will Fries progression).
Hearing that Jonah wants to stay at LT, I am also assuming he'd refuse to play for the team he's traded to if they try to put him at any position other than LT.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I want their second round pick. I'd trade Jonah and our second (#60) for their second (#35).

For me, I want to get Jahmyr Gibbs and one of either Michael Mayer or Darnell Washington. But we won't be able to do that with our current draft position. I'd also trade an additional draft pick to make it happen, if needed.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2023, 02:00 PM)Weazzel80 Wrote: I want their second round pick. I'd trade Jonah and our second (#60) for their second (#35).

For me, I want to get Jahmyr Gibbs and one of either Michael Mayer or Darnell Washington. But we won't be able to do that with our current draft position. I'd also trade an additional draft pick to make it happen, if needed.

Jonah Williams isn't going to fetch a #35 pick.  If it's Indy we're dealing with, if they take JW and throw in their 3rd or even 4th round pick, I'd be good with that, as they pick so early in the round.

The question is, are the Colts even interested in Williams?  His failure to launch as a 1st round pick, combined with his injury history will be a serious turn off for a lot of teams.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2023, 03:23 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Jonah Williams isn't going to fetch a #35 pick.  

I was proposing the Bengals trade #60, Jonah, and additional picks to get #35. 
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2023, 03:32 PM)Weazzel80 Wrote: I was proposing the Bengals trade #60, Jonah, and additional picks to get #35. 

Hmm, I'd still not be a fan of that trade, other than simply getting Williams off of the books.  The Bengals need more picks, not less picks, in order to draft players to develop in order to get out of the free agency circuit.  

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote