Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trade McCarron tomorrow!!!
Please hear me out thru this and welcome everyone's opinion. I think we all agree the biggest weakness is the line at this point.

If the Patriots can be comfortable enough to trade Jimmy (Patriots are a better team, more to lose if Brady gets hurt, no back up) why wouldn't we trade McCarron and take advantage of the market?

We need oline help. Grab a second round pick for him and use that pick for a offensive lineman next year. Atleast this pick will probably help you more in a season than a QB that has not played in a single snap in two years.

No offense but if Dalton were to go down, I don't think it would matter who you put back there... the team still has the same issues and most likely the team will see the same results.

Capitalize on the trade offers, I hear the Browns and another team offering before tomorrow at midnight!!! 100% fact

Take the 2nd round pick offer and run with it!!!
Reply/Quote
Response from Mike Brown:

And what if I don't?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 12:33 AM)A10104747 Wrote: I hear the Browns and another team offering before tomorrow at midnight!!! 100% fact

Source?

Trust me, we'd all love that. No offense at all to Mac. I think he's a great person and a solid prospect, but we desperately need line help and other decent backups are on the market. Hope it happens as it'd be mutually beneficial.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 12:44 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Source?

Trust me, we'd all love that. No offense at all to Mac. I think he's a great person and a solid prospect, but we desperately need line help and other decent backups are on the market. Hope it happens as it'd be mutually beneficial.

I said this after the 2015 season, but I'd find McCarron in Cleveland to be pretty interesting.  He and Hue would be like seeing the Bengals' B-squad running the show.  Still, I'll believe it when I see it.  Hard to see Mike Brown caring enough about the o-line to make a midseason trade and lose a solid backup QB when he pretty much said "Feh, who cares?" about the o-line all off-season.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 12:41 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Response from Mike Brown:

And what if I don't?

Then you will probably end up with the three possible scenarios:

1. McCarron wins the case and he walks meaning Cincy gets nothing in return.

2. Cincy wins the case and you get a back up for another year (who will not play making it three total years).

3. Let someone sign McCarron after winning the case.. then most likely the pick turns out to be a 3rd-4th round draft pick.

Are you going to go out and sign 3-4 new lineman before next season? Let me answer that no... because it will cost way too much.. so why not take a 2nd round pick and draft a lineman. Come on man lol
Reply/Quote
If Hue is letting Mike Silver Run with he wanted Jimmy G the. That puts the onus on the front office. He definetly wants out and at this point is trying to get fired.

Would be nice if He could get then to trade for AJM then get himself fired and come back lol.
Reply/Quote
I'd have AJM, Hill, and Boyd up for grabs.

Reply/Quote
It's not going to happen ,nothing will happen . Mike and Marvin are both complacent unless it gets drastic like when they couldn't score.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 12:49 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I said this after the 2015 season, but I'd find McCarron in Cleveland to be pretty interesting.  He and Hue would be like seeing the Bengals' B-squad running the show.  Still, I'll believe it when I see it.  Hard to see Mike Brown caring enough about the o-line to make a midseason trade and lose a solid backup QB when he pretty much said "Feh, who cares?" about the o-line all off-season.

Mikey kinda has a ho-hum attitude about everything, doesn't he? I don't think he'd leave a room to avoid a fire. No matter how bad things get, he will only address problems in the draft and probably 2-3 years too late. 

No amount of angry fans and players will make him show any sense of urgency. He runs a football team like he talks. Lethargic, smug and aloof. I always hear about how much the man cares about his players...yet here's another QB taking a beating, RBs and WRs frustrated because they can't get going, and a defense that's probably equally frustrated...yet Mikey couldn't be any more apathetic. 

I'm sure he feels good about that $12.5 million in cap space though.

(10-31-2017, 01:34 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: I'd have AJM, Hill, and Boyd up for grabs.

Ditto, and there probably would be some demand for them.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 01:57 AM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: It's not going to happen ,nothing will happen . Mike and Marvin are both complacent unless it gets drastic like when they couldn't score.

It took a near mutiny led by AJ Green to get that done.

They weren't going to do it on their own volition.
Reply/Quote
We won't make any trades tomorrow. Moving on.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
If Driskell is not healed, McCarron will not be traded. Do you really think we will go into the rest of the season with no backup for Andy, who is running for his life on every play? Besides, even if McCarron was traded, it would not be to a Division rival....
Reply/Quote
Personally, I'd rather see what McCarron could do with this offense.

It'd probably be just as good as what Dalton is offering. Dalton could probably use a few weeks on the bench just to recover from the trauma he's gone through playing behind this offensive line anyway.

Maybe McCarron is better throwing on the run, which will give this offense a new dimension that it did not previously have.

Can't figure that out until you at least try...
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 12:49 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I said this after the 2015 season, but I'd find McCarron in Cleveland to be pretty interesting.  He and Hue would be like seeing the Bengals' B-squad running the show.  Still, I'll believe it when I see it.  Hard to see Mike Brown caring enough about the o-line to make a midseason trade and lose a solid backup QB when he pretty much said "Feh, who cares?" about the o-line all off-season.

Hue won't be in Cleveland long enough to see that through, he will be gone after this season...
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Trade AJ McCarron to the Browns, for what??

We need OL, right now, not another mid-round draft pick to piss away.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
AJM would not fare any better than the likes of Kessler and Kiser in Cleveland because of their lack of protection and skill players. Miami made a lot more sense, and they paid Jay Culter.

I actually think pittsburg might try to sign him after this year if he wins (when will that ever be settled? Just another example of the NFL not working for our team at all) his case for Free Agency. I'm sure that would send folks here over the edge.

I know he would be a better option for the Jets than anyone they have on their roster, and the Chargers are playing just well enough to not get one of the top draft pick QBs to groom behind Rivers, who can't have that much longer.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 08:27 AM)corpjet Wrote: Hue won't be in Cleveland long enough to see that through, he will be gone after this season...

Probably, but I don't see the point in firing him.  That roster isn't NFL-caliber.
Reply/Quote
It would be fitting to see Hue Jackson trade for another QB from the Bengals midseason only to get fired at the end, eh?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 01:34 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: I'd have AJM, Hill, and Boyd up for grabs.

Hill and McCarron in a heartbeat. I like Boyd, though.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 12:55 AM)A10104747 Wrote: Then you will probably end up with the three possible scenarios:

2. Cincy wins the case and you get a back up for another year (who will not play making it three total years).

3. Let someone sign McCarron after winning the case.. then most likely the pick turns out to be a 3rd-4th round draft pick.

Are you going to go out and sign 3-4 new lineman before next season? Let me answer that no... because it will cost way too much.. so why not take a 2nd round pick and draft a lineman. Come on man lol

So I'm Mike Brown in this scenario and I'll address your points:

-----Yeah, so?

-----Yeah, so?

----Works for me.  Let's shoot for this.

----Listen, if I didn't get fired during my run of crapulence during the 90s I doubt I'll get fired for this McCarron nonsense.
Reply/Quote