Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old Frank Gore over 5 yards per carry - Leonard Fournette is next & Jags Sacking D
I can only imagine the happy sounds coming out of the Bengals locker room from the likes of Burfict, Pac Man, Dre and others after our Defense spared us from an embarrassing loss to the Colts.

Old Frank Gore registered 16 carries for 82 yards and now Young Leonard Fournette coming off a Bye week is in line to give hand gestures to our Defenders to come and tackle him. I will be surprised if Leonard isn't punishing us for well over 100 yards next week.

Add to that the Jags defense giving up the fewest points & passing yards allowed and leading the NFL with 33 sacks. Six more sacks than any other team.

Defensive tackles Malik Jackson & Marcell Dareus plus Defensive Ends Calais Campbell and Dante Fowler Jr going up against our Bengals Offensive line. Our only hope here being the week O-line Coach Paul Alexander has to prepare for the Jags. He is famous for a Line formation after all.

Likely get some Blitzes from the likes of Myles Jack or Barry Church or Jalen Ramsey.

Talk about a Deck Stacked against the Bengals.

Any slight hopes for Wildcard aspirations hinge on winning potential tiebreaker games and this Jags game may fit that bill.

The happy sounds that came from the Bengals locker room after sneaking past the Colts may be short lived.

This could be a Fournette drubbing followed by a Jags defense drubbing repeated on possession after possession all game long.

If the Bengals can somehow pass this Test and stagger out of Jacksonville with a Win, then I will be impressed. They will have at least earned the right to be mentioned as a Wildcard Contender. Would still have a Ton to prove to get there but would have beaten both of the current Wildcard holders in the Bills & Jags.

10% chance they pull this off against the Jags.  IMO

If they do, they will have Butted Heads with some Bad dudes and Won.

If not, they will come back crushed mentally & Bruised to the Bone physically.
Reply/Quote
Any given Sunday right ?

Wrong this game will most likely be a real laugher, for the Jags !
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Fornette might have 150-200 yards rushing even with Burfict in lol we got the pass rushers but we don't have the linebackers and safeties besides burfict.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 06:14 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Any given Sunday right ?

After the laughing after a loss last week? I don't doubt both will be laughing. Jags laughing due to a victory. Bengals laughing because the don't give a shit!

Reply/Quote
I don’t care what the spread is, I’m taking the free money on Jacksonville.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 06:14 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Any given Sunday right ?

Blake Bortles making mistakes may be the Bengal's best hope.

Bortles likely doesn't throw much if Fournette is Thumping us for over 150 yards.

Major Test...
Reply/Quote
Along with Dalton getting sacked a million times this game and Fournette running wild on us, Marcedes Lewis will probably go off this game and look like Tony Gonzales.
Reply/Quote
[Image: top-10-violent-video-games-2.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
-We really need to focus on the long count this week.

-Screens, Draws, and more screens (as it should be with a junk Oline).
Reply/Quote
Make Bortles beat us. It's the only way.
Reply/Quote
Does anyone besides me think that this could be a trap game ... for the Jaguars?

Their big monster games came on the road. The Bengals have beaten them four times consecutively, even in 2008.

Coming out flat after a bye week is a thing and I don't think the Bengals are the only ones doing it. In other words, it could be a very different outcome from the 200 yards from Foursette, the bludgeoning of Andy, and the general mayhem that people are predicting.
Reply/Quote
I'd swap entire rosters with the Jaguars in a second...minus Bortles. They're like we used to be 5 years ago...
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 07:49 PM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: Does anyone besides me think that this could be a trap game ... for the Jaguars?

Their big monster games came on the road. The Bengals have beaten them four times consecutively, even in 2008.

Coming out flat after a bye week is a thing and I don't think the Bengals are the only ones doing it. In other words, it could be a very different outcome from the 200 yards from Foursette, the bludgeoning of Andy, and the general mayhem that people are predicting.

All 4 of the Jaguars wins have been complete Blowouts.

29 to 7 over Texans

44 to 7 over Ravens

30 to 9 over Steelers

27 to 0 over Colts

The Bengals have to find a way to keep this game close deep into the 4th quarter and then somehow close it out.

Limiting the amount of times Dalton goes back to pass by running the ball 2 out of every 3 plays even if we are not being very effective running it.

Get to 3rd and 3 or 3rd and 4 and hopefully convert enough to shorten the game and put some points on the board.

Punting and playing the field position game isn't a bad thing against a team like this.

Fancy play calling from Lazor or being over aggressive with the passing game to put up points may backfire against this Jags defense by putting Dalton in the cross-hairs.

Shorten the game by keeping the clock running just as Jacksonville will with Fournette.

Then hope to be a possession away from a win at the end.
Reply/Quote
You all do realize Gore was so successful running because of defensive gameplan. We were not going to allow Brissett to beat us with his legs. We wont have to worry about that with Bortles.
Reply/Quote
If we get Jacksonville on their "A" game we are in trouble.....they have been inconsistent and we need to hope we catch them on a down day (maybe a post bye week hangover)
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 11:39 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: You all do realize Gore was so successful running because of defensive gameplan. We were not going to allow Brissett to beat us with his legs. We wont have to worry about that with Bortles.

We will need all hands on deck to slow down Fournette.

Frank Gore is 34 years old and around 218 pounds.

Fournette is 22 years old and around 235 pounds and faster than Gore at this stage.

Gore was showing some effective Power running against the Bengals which is a concern with Fournette on the horizon.

This will be a Smash Mouth game with one side likely imposing their will later in the 2nd half.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 01:02 PM)depthchart Wrote: We will need all hands on deck to slow down Fournette.

Frank Gore is 34 years old and around 218 pounds.

Fournette is 22 years old and around 235 pounds and faster than Gore at this stage.

Gore was showing some effective Power running against the Bengals which is a concern with Fournette on the horizon.

This will be a Smash Mouth game with one side likely imposing their will later in the 2nd half.

Better go low on that beast.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 11:39 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: You all do realize Gore was so successful running because of defensive gameplan. We were not going to allow Brissett to beat us with his legs. We wont have to worry about that with Bortles.

Ummm what? 
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 01:19 PM)Wyche Wrote: Better go low on that beast.....

Even going low is going to be painful for the Bengal player in most cases.

Dre may wish he was getting Stiff armed by Le'veon Bell again rather than getting Steam Rolled by Leonard.

At the very least, it will be entertaining to watch the hits.

Burfict doesn't know any better than to go full throttle into Leonard, especially if Fournette hand gestures him to come and get it.
Reply/Quote