Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trade & Mock 9 players - All make the final 53
1 Joe Burrow, QB LSU

2a 33 Patrick Queen, LB LSU
2b 42 Damon Arnette, CB Ohio State (from Jacksonville for Andy Dalton, Dre K, & Cordy Glenn)

3 65 Ben Bartch, OT St. Johns 

4 97 Van Jefferson, WR Florida

5 129 Solomon Kindley, IOL Georgia

6a 160 Justin Strnad, LB Wake Forest
6b 169 Anfernee Jennings, Edge Alabama (from Jacksonville for Andy Dalton, Dre K, & Cordy Glenn)

7 192 Calvin Throckmorton, OT Oregon

OK, so I don’t think Andy Dalton will get us anything higher than a third round pick on his own. That’s why I’m going to package him with Dre K and Cordy Glenn for their 2nd round pick at 4, this 6th round pick at 169 and a 4th round pick in 2021. They get 3 starters this year, and we upgrade at CB this year and get some depth at Edge.

We walk way from the 2020 draft with

1 franchise QB - Burrow
2 LBs - Queen & Strnad
3 OL Bartch, Kindley, & Throckmorton
1 starting CB Arnette
1 WR Jefferson
1 Edge guy

That’s 9 guys who can all make the roster.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Bro lol smh there is no way half that draft even make t to that pick. Throckmorton in the 7th Jennings in the 6th Solomon Kindley is arguably the best guard in this draft and u have him in the 5th. Cmon bruh no shyt ur whole draft gonna make he squad your back end of the mock is a bunch of day 2 guys lmao
Reply/Quote
Nice picks, good draft. The positioning can be debated, as guys rise and fall every year. You covered every major area of need, and the two biggest needs twice.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2020, 06:15 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Bro lol smh there is no way half that draft even make t to that pick.  Throckmorton in the 7th Jennings in the 6th Solomon Kindley is arguably the best guard in this draft and u have him in the 5th.  Cmon bruh no shyt ur whole draft gonna make he squad your back end of the mock is a bunch of day 2 guys lmao

Yeah, I know, but I was going off of the TDN Draft Simulator. Those were the general areas where they had those guys getting drafted. Who frickn knows when they'll actually be selected? 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2020, 06:07 PM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: 1  Joe Burrow, QB LSU

2a 33 Patrick Queen, LB LSU
2b 42 Damon Arnette, CB Ohio State  (from Jacksonville for Andy Dalton, Dre K, & Cordy Glenn)

3 65 Ben Bartch, OT St. Johns 

4 97 Van Jefferson, WR Florida

5 129 Solomon Kindley, IOL Georgia

6a 160 Justin Strnad, LB Wake Forest
6b 169 Anfernee Jennings, Edge Alabama (from Jacksonville for Andy Dalton, Dre K, & Cordy Glenn)

7 192 Calvin Throckmorton, OT Oregon

OK, so I don’t think Andy Dalton will get us anything higher than a third round pick on his own. That’s why I’m going to package him with Dre K and Cordy Glenn for their 2nd round pick at 4, this 6th round pick at 169 and a 4th round pick in 2021. They get 3 starters this year, and we upgrade at CB this year and get some depth at Edge.

We walk way from the 2020 draft with

1 franchise QB - Burrow
2 LBs - Queen & Strnad
3 OL Bartch, Kindley, & Throckmorton
1 starting CB Arnette
1 WR Jefferson
1 Edge guy

That’s 9 guys who can all make the roster.

Jacksonville is currently $1.5 mil over next year's salary cap and you're having them trade draft picks to add like $36 mil more in salary?  Not happening.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2020, 03:53 AM)Whatever Wrote: Jacksonville is currently $1.5 mil over next year's salary cap and you're having them trade draft picks to add like $36 mil more in salary?  Not happening.

Didn't know that. It was a quick look at the draft order and who might be interested in swinging a deal. I didn't dig into salary cap issues.  
Reply/Quote