Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trade No. 1 if.....
If Miami offers their first four picks ( or something equivalent from another team) and Mike Brown is not willing to sign quality free agents to build the o line and LB group, for the sake of Burrow and the franchise the first pick should be traded.

But instead they should turn down all trades for Burrow provided the family acts like any of the other 31 NFL teams would act with the cap space available and the opportunity to draft the highest rated college QB since Luck.

This includes signing at least two high quality free agents.

I am all for keeping Burrow and signing two great free agents.

But they will probably instead reject the King's ransom they could get this year while also doing nothing in  free agency,

Hopspin will argue that the Bengals made great moves in free agency by franchising AJ and signing no one else.

We have seen this too many times to expect anything else.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2020, 02:26 PM)bengals67 Wrote: If Miami offers their first four picks ( or something equivalent from another team) and Mike Brown is not willing to sign quality free agents to build the o line and LB group, for the sake of Burrow and the franchise the first pick should be traded.

But instead they should turn down all trades for Burrow provided the family acts like any of the other 31 NFL teams would act with the cap space available and the opportunity to draft the highest rated college QB since Luck.

But they will probably instead reject the King's ransom they could get this year while also doing nothing in  free agency,

Hopspin will argue that the Bengals made great moves in free agency by franchising AJ and signing no one else.

Mike Brown will be forced to spend money this offseason and he will have tons of space.  I think Burrow can be a long-lasting star player for this team, but if they do trade they need to get way beyond the normal trade value for the #1 pick.  I don't see the dolphin's being in play for the pick tho because they traded so much to get the extra picks then went away from the tank for the year.  

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2020, 02:26 PM)bengals67 Wrote: If Miami offers their first four picks ( or something equivalent from another team) and Mike Brown is not willing to sign quality free agents to build the o line and LB group, for the sake of Burrow and the franchise the first pick should be traded.

well since FA happens before the draft we will know what they have and haven't done before the have to make that choice.
Reply/Quote
Why does anyone read Hobson? Seriously?
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
No.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2020, 02:42 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: well since FA happens before the draft we will know what they have and haven't done before the have to make that choice.
FA first, no kidding?  I didn't know the NFL made that change.  Way overdue. 
I had thought about that Miami deal prior to seeing the Burrow show against Clemson.  Miami doesn't have enough picks for Burrow with just their first 4.  
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2020, 02:50 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Why does anyone read Hobson? Seriously?

WhoDey2 Every once in a while there'll be a nugget of information in there...  Ninja
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2020, 02:50 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Why does anyone read Hobson? Seriously?

C'mon, dude knows how to make you excited for the upcoming season. He may be shoveling shit, but dang it if his ultimate positivity doesn't get you excited for the season.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Nah
Reply/Quote
I think the Bengals should at least be open to offers. Burrow is a good QB and could draw a heck of a ransom from other teams. There are other good QB's in the draft so maybe hope would not be lost. I'm even thinking keep Dalton and AJ this year and draft a QB next year as a possibility. With that said, the Bengals will probably stick with Burrow.
Get ready for next year!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Trading back would just be more of the mediocrity we are used to. So, if we move down with Miami, what happens next?

Well, someone jumps up to #3 and takes Tua
Someone else jumps up to #4 and takes Herbert (not that I want him)

So we are sitting at #5 missing out on the elite guys again.
Reply/Quote
And then Duke Tobin spends a bunch of draft picks on players whot arent "no-brainer picks" and gets lucky on maybe one of them, while we all potentially watch Burrow become a superstar somewhere else? No thanks. Not at all. We are just not good enough drafters to risk passing our biggest position of need in a year that a rare talent can be ours. We hit on Carson and AJ because they were no brainers. We missed on Ced O, Fisher, Ross, Price, etc because we suck at picking later when a lot of options exist. Dont f this up!

If they dont get Burrow, they should be forced into the XFL. Someone on NFL Network said that and I wholeheartedly agree with it.
Reply/Quote
Getting Burrow is going to be one thing Mike Brown's laziness does right for us. He doesn't want a bunch of picks, he doesn't want to have to strategize and overthink the draft. If he trades down or passes on Burrow in any sense not only will the picks he makes in lieu of Burrow have to hit, but Burrow is going to have to be a bust when he lets someone else snag him.

He makes this one no-brainer pick and then he can draft Drew Sample in every other round and the draft will be declared a success.
Reply/Quote
Trade the No. 1 if...a GM is willing to give up 3 first round picks, a second round pick, can chug a six pack of tall boys, and piss in a snapple bottle from 15 feet away without missing.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2020, 04:32 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Trading back would just be more of the mediocrity we are used to.  So, if we move down with Miami, what happens next?

Well, someone jumps up to #3 and takes Tua
Someone else jumps up to #4 and takes Herbert (not that I want him)

So we are sitting at #5 missing out on the elite guys again.

(01-21-2020, 04:38 PM)bengaloo Wrote: And then Duke Tobin spends a bunch of draft picks on players whot arent "no-brainer picks" and gets lucky on maybe one of them, while we all potentially watch Burrow become a superstar somewhere else? No thanks. Not at all. We are just not good enough drafters to risk passing our biggest position of need in a year that a rare talent can be ours. We hit on Carson and AJ because they were no brainers. We missed on Ced O, Fisher, Ross, Price, etc because we suck at picking later when a lot of options exist. Dont f this up!

If they dont get Burrow, they should be forced into the XFL. Someone on NFL Network said that and I wholeheartedly agree with it.

(01-21-2020, 05:11 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Getting Burrow is going to be one thing Mike Brown's laziness does right for us.  He doesn't want a bunch of picks, he doesn't want to have to strategize and overthink the draft.  If he trades down or passes on Burrow in any sense not only will the picks he makes in lieu of Burrow have to hit, but Burrow is going to have to be a bust when he lets someone else snag him.

He makes this one no-brainer pick and then he can draft Drew Sample in every other round and the draft will be declared a success.

Agreed, no way should we trade out of getting Burrow. There is Burrow and then a hurt Tua, no one else is even close. 

You get your future franchise QB, and build a good team around him. Starts with FA in adding at least one Lineman and maybe
some weapons. We have plenty of dough to spend especially if we trade Dalton and move on from AJ. If we traded out of the 
Burrow pick who is to say any of the picks we get will even start as rookies, let alone be difference makers in a crapshoot Draft.
Reply/Quote
Honestly it would take a lot for me to trade this pick looks 3 firsts, 3 seconds, and 1 or two young promising players.
The problem is that if you don't draft Burrow your going to have a hard time finding a QB with similar traits maybe Jake Fromm in the second or perhaps Jalen Hurts but both those guys lack what the other has. Fromm lacks athletic ability and Hurts has Accuracy issues.
I don't want to keep Dalton and Finley isn't NFL quality the Bengals have to draft a starting QB this draft. I would prefer a trade down but I don't think your going to find another perfect fit like Burrow.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Following the national championship, I have raised the price of the no. 1 pick to 10 first round picks.

Any takers?
Reply/Quote
Trade No. 1 if....

You want to lose your fan base.

Mike Brown is supposedly greedy and wants to fill seats. Fans claim they will fill seats if we pick Burrow. Seems like a no brainer.

Whether Mike Brown truly wants to win, or only wants to sell season tickets, he can essentially accomplish both in the eyes of the beholder (the fans) by picking Joe Burrow. Why trade that away for a bucket of picks when you can fit whatever your real goal is with one player?
Reply/Quote

If we didn't, we'd have nothing to complain about between season's end and FA start  Smirk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2020, 06:18 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Trade No. 1 if....

You want to lose your fan base.

Mike Brown is supposedly greedy and wants to fill seats. Fans claim they will fill seats if we pick Burrow. Seems like a no brainer.

Whether Mike Brown truly wants to win, or only wants to sell season tickets, he can essentially accomplish both in the eyes of the beholder (the fans) by picking Joe Burrow. Why trade that away for a bucket of picks when you can fit whatever your real goal is with one player?

Yeah can you imagine the fan reaction if we did this? It could easily turn out to be the smart thing to do (Burrow a disappointment, or a more rounded Bengals team being a better bet than betting the house on Burrow etc), but christ the stadium would be emptier than it ever has been next year.

I generally think it's silly where people say they'd entertain no offers for stuff like the #1 pick etc, but Burrow simply has so much hype (well-earned it should be said) that it would feel like we cannot pass this up. It could turn out to be the better option to trade it (in the same way we should've traded and not drafted Akili Smith), but we won't know that until after the fact. Burrow had the best year maybe ever as a QB in the college game, and you cannot pass that up, almost regardless of the offer.
Reply/Quote