Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Trade Partner For Ross
(10-15-2020, 09:11 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Wonder if we reached out to any teams to shop Ross. I think GB would be a great fit for him. 

Why, is Green Bay in need of someone to drop passes?
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 02:29 AM)BengalsFanRealist2855 Wrote: Aaron rodgers back for the half mary,fires to Ross, ross cant find the ball in the air!! Hes yards away from the throw omg!!

The day football announcer says OMG I may need to unplug for a bit. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2020, 09:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We need someone that can stretch the field

Anybody but Ross.Anything we could get would be a plus.Including seventh round pick.
Reply/Quote
Trade Green and Ross for Kansas' Hill. Chiefs get an old but HOF receiver and a future HILL. Mahommes and their good O-line will make both amazing again.
Reply/Quote
Some of you are funny. You say hes bust yet think another team can find a role for him. Which what you are really saying is that
This coaching staff has no concepts on how to use
Him properly but another team will........
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2020, 10:42 PM)jj22 Wrote: I think too much is put on speed when it comes to wideouts. Ross would do good with a big armed QB, and there's someone who would trade for him and that speed in the right offense if the FO tried.

Buffalo?

They are serious contender right now and having another speed guy behind Diggs and John Brown could be helpful.
Josh Allen obviously has the arm to throw deep.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 10:35 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Some of you are funny. You say hes bust yet think another team can find a role for him. Which what you are really saying is that
This coaching staff has no concepts on how to use
Him properly but another team will........

Have you seen the offensive playcalling of the Bengals? They can't even find a way to get AJ Green the ball.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
This thread is a good example of what makes this board frustrating. The OP brought up a good, reasonable question worth discussing. Most of the replies are just bitching about how bad Ross sucks, the playcalling sucks, blah blah blah. And yes that's true but if you don't have anything to contribute to a real discussion why don't you just move on to a different thread? I hate having to scroll past a dozen pointless posts to find one or two people who understand the NFL and actually like to discuss things on this board.

And yes, an NFL contender might really offer a 6 or 7 for the fastest guy in the league, just hoping to cash in on something our inept organization didn't (or couldn't). I'd say Seahawks, Packers, Saints, Colts, maybe the Niners, or another team that has an injury before the trade deadline.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 10:45 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Have you seen the offensive playcalling of the Bengals? They can't even find a way to get AJ Green the ball.

They should definitely call some reverses and jet sweeps for AJ just to get the ball in his hands.  Maybe some screens out of the ol Hue Jackson 3 man OL formations.   Ninja
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2020, 11:07 PM)Destro Wrote: Who wants to give up something for a WR who can't even get on the field for a team that has one win?
Not a Ross apologist, I just think that ML just flat didn't like the guy. ZT & Callahan don't have 1 iota of a clue how to use him.

Ross should be in motion on every play. Are they going to jet sweep him or not (defense has to pause just in case). Devise misdirection off Ross in motion (again defense has to pause). Quick slants to Ross will stop blitzing LBers plus keep the safeties a step deeper. Which helps Mixon. He could help AJ by taking 1 of the double team deep.

Like I said, not 1 iota of what he's doing...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2020, 09:54 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I would love it if they could trade Ross for literally anything. I just highly doubt anybody is gonna care to take him.

Yup....I feel his trade value is practically zero or maybe 6th or 7th rounder? quite sad.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 05:21 PM)JSR18 Wrote: Not a Ross apologist, I just think that ML just flat didn't like the guy. ZT & Callahan don't have 1 iota of a clue how to use him.

I don't know if either of those are completely accurate.  The longer that Ross is around, the more truth I think that there might have been to those rumors of the NFL playbook being "just too much" for him to grasp.  Aside from him also being considered fragile and injury prone, the obvious lack of effort and dedication leads me toward thinking that there may also be some underlying psychological/emotional/character issues that may be holding him back.

I tell ya, it's a shame that Al Davis had to pass away.  If he were alive, John Ross would have been a Raider, and we'd be talking about a different headache.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote