Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trade Proposal Help
Ok, I'm tied for first in my league with Reds players and staff, but I feel like I'm a bit weak at running back. I have four guys in the top 32 with Jeremy Hill, who has been underperforming because they quit giving him the ball with his fumbles, but they might start giving it to him again, Chris Johnson, who could see his role reduced with Ellington coming back, Mark Ingram, who put up a lot of points last night but he just makes me nervous because, aside from the touchdowns, he didn't do much, and it's like he always either scores, gets yards on the ground, or gets yards in the air, but it just worries me that he's a game-by-game one trick pony, and Karlos Williams, who was putting up good numbers but now he's injured, even though it seems like he could be back.

I was offered Charcandrick West and D Thomas for Antonio Brown.

I have five receivers in the top 15 with Brown, Emmanuel Sanders, Allen Hurns, James Jones, and Keenan Allen, and then even Willie Snead, who looks like he's getting better and better and will be a stud, so would it be ok to give Brown up for those two? Can only play two receivers and then can play one in the flex,

Will West put up big numbers? Is it worth giving up Brown's numbers since I have those other receivers? Should I decline it to wait and see what West does and then maybe try and get him to re-offer if West puts up good numbers?
Reply/Quote
We have no idea what West will do (I actually picked him up from FA when no one claimed him through waivers last week on the Bengals board FFL), and Demaryius is underperforming (not finding the end zone and not breaking many huge plays).

I would NOT give up a superstar like AB for them. West could blow up and I could end up being completely wrong, but AB is the best PPR WR in the entire league with a healthy Ben Roethlisberger, and he'll be back very soon. Is your league PPR? I can't remember what you said before.

Also, you already have Emmanuel Sanders, and I don't like having 2 of the top guys at the same position from the same team, so that would make me shy away from DT for sure.

Your team sounds pretty solid as-is honestly man, I don't know if I'd dick with it much. I have Mark Ingram too (PPR), he's averaging over 17 points per week, you can't ask much more than that from where I'm guessing you drafted him. He's been surprisingly great this year as a fantasy back outside of that 1 week. I see a lot of people concerned over Ingram long term, but I think he's going to have a solid year.

I'd see if anyone in your league would be interested in doing a smaller trade and just getting rid of anyone not named AB or Keenan Allen. You aren't going to get as much, but you don't need WR help and this current trade is getting you a huge question mark where you need to upgrade at RB and a guy that's performing worse than his teammate that you already have on your roster. If you're going to get rid of Allen or AB, you need to get a GOOD RB in the deal. Andy Reid already has me worried about West as he just said yesterday that they will likely be a full RBBC to replace Charles now. I didn't pay anything for West other than dropping the backup QB I picked up for Cam Newton's bye week, but you'd be losing one of the best fantasy players in the league that's about to skyrocket with Ben coming back. Don't do it broham.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2015, 09:11 AM)djs7685 Wrote: We have no idea what West will do (I actually picked him up from FA when no one claimed him through waivers last week on the Bengals board FFL), and Demaryius is underperforming (not finding the end zone and not breaking many huge plays).

I would NOT give up a superstar like AB for them. West could blow up and I could end up being completely wrong, but AB is the best PPR WR in the entire league with a healthy Ben Roethlisberger, and he'll be back very soon. Is your league PPR? I can't remember what you said before.

Also, you already have Emmanuel Sanders, and I don't like having 2 of the top guys at the same position from the same team, so that would make me shy away from DT for sure.

Your team sounds pretty solid as-is honestly man, I don't know if I'd dick with it much. I have Mark Ingram too (PPR), he's averaging over 17 points per week, you can't ask much more than that from where I'm guessing you drafted him. He's been surprisingly great this year as a fantasy back outside of that 1 week. I see a lot of people concerned over Ingram long term, but I think he's going to have a solid year.

I'd see if anyone in your league would be interested in doing a smaller trade and just getting rid of anyone not named AB or Keenan Allen. You aren't going to get as much, but you don't need WR help and this current trade is getting you a huge question mark where you need to upgrade at RB and a guy that's performing worse than his teammate that you already have on your roster. If you're going to get rid of Allen or AB, you need to get a GOOD RB in the deal. Andy Reid already has me worried about West as he just said yesterday that they will likely be a full RBBC to replace Charles now. I didn't pay anything for West other than dropping the backup QB I picked up for Cam Newton's bye week, but you'd be losing one of the best fantasy players in the league that's about to skyrocket with Ben coming back. Don't do it broham.

Thanks.  

I declined it after reading all that, but I was seriously considering it before.

It's PPR, and I agree about Reid with the RBBC, and especially since I think Kniles Davis will be the goalline back and vulture some touchdowns.

Brown's saying that he wants Vick to take more downfield shots, so that should increase his value even more.  He would have had a huge week last week if he doesn't drop that touchdown pass.

What sucks about this league is the waiver order resets every week like in the real league and goes from the team with the worst record to the best, so I can't improve my team much with any players that are suddenly playing well or are surprising.  That means that, if one of my top players gets injured, I can't get his replacement or even improve my team much until I lose enough games to where I'm out of playoff contention and/or all the good players are gone.

He just emailed me saying he understands my rejection and asked if I'm locked in to AB, so I might say yes unless he's wiling to give up Le'Veon Bell, but note that I know he won't do it.  

Maybe he would though because he also has Freeman, Foster, Miller and West, and I could argue that Ab and Bell will steal each other's points.  Or maybe try to get Freeman.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2015, 09:48 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Thanks.  

I declined it after reading all that, but I was seriously considering it before.

It's PPR, and I agree about Reid with the RBBC, and especially since I think Kniles Davis will be the goalline back and vulture some touchdowns.

Brown's saying that he wants Vick to take more downfield shots, so that should increase his value even more.  He would have had a huge week last week if he doesn't drop that touchdown pass.

What sucks about this league is the waiver order resets every week like in the real league and goes from the team with the worst record to the best, so I can't improve my team much with any players that are suddenly playing well or are surprising.  That means that, if one of my top players gets injured, I can't get his replacement or even improve my team much until I lose enough games to where I'm out of playoff contention and/or all the good players are gone.

He just emailed me saying he understands my rejection and asked if I'm locked in to AB, so I might say yes unless he's wiling to give up Le'Veon Bell, but note that I know he won't do it.  

Maybe he would though because he also has Freeman, Foster, Miller and West, and I could argue that Ab and Bell will steal each other's points.  Or maybe try to get Freeman.

Please don't crucify me if West gets 25 points per week and AB breaks his leg! I do think you're better off with a different trade though.

If you can get Freeman or Bell, obviously your WR1s are fair game, and I think you have the depth at WR to be able to afford swinging a trade like that with one of your top guys included. I don't know the bye weeks off the top of my head, but that's something to look at too, make sure you can cover your spots when your top guys go out!

Ingram could be used for trade bait, especially after putting up 20+ points last night if you wanted to package AB + Ingram for Bell + one of his good WRs but not his top guy. If you are worried what Ingram is going to do for the rest of the season, now would probably be a good time to dump him. If he asked you if you're locked into AB, he's obviously interested in getting him, and being a top PPR WR, I'm sure he realizes he needs to give up something good for that.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2015, 09:48 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Thanks.  

AB will be nothing any good as long as Vick is starting but Ben is already practicing and should be back pretty soon and then AB will be getting 15-20 points a game. If your record is solid I would hold onto AB until Ben is back and finish strong with a stud at WR.

Also last I heard Knile Davis was #1 on the depth chart this week even if they both will get a shot, my guess is a RBBC in KC. Honestly just sounds like the guy grabbed him to try and sale high when so much is unknown. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote