Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trade Rumor: 3 team trade, Senzel for Kluber
(01-18-2019, 12:49 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: He's pitched at least 200 innings a year

Hunter Greene has?
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2019, 01:22 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Hunter Greene has?

oh, my bad.. I was talking about Kluber  Wink
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2019, 11:22 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: It's not smart baseball roster management for a small market team. If they were the Yankees or Dodgers, sure, go get Harper, Kluber, Machado and don't worry as much about the prospects. But we're not those teams. You absolutely have to have players still on pre-arb deals that can play in the majors. 

It kind of depends on how close management thinks the team is in competing for the big show. If it's a rebuild year then no, signing big name free agents to short term deals don't make sense, but if it's only a matter of adding that one special player to get there it's sometimes worth the risk. Personally I think they're pretty close, but then again I think that EVERY spring, even when it's painfully obvious that the entire team needs to just find a new hobby.. A few things in life make me the eternal optimist.. Baseball in the spring is one of them.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2019, 01:43 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: oh, my bad.. I was talking about Kluber  Wink

No biggie. I did read on an Indians board that the reason the Indians are trying to trade their relatively cheap Ace is because he’s had a few short bouts of back pain. The Reds better investigate that closely.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2019, 04:33 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: No biggie. I did read on an Indians board that the reason the Indians are trying to trade their relatively cheap Ace is because he’s had a few short bouts of back pain. The Reds better investigate that closely.

Which is exactly why they won't unless it's bad enough to keep him out for the season in which case they'll sign him for 10 years @ a gazillion bucks a year.. I'm not saying they learned nothing from Homer Bailey, but it never seems like they did.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Getting Kluber would make us contenders imo.

Peraza
Gennett
Votto
Suarez
Winker
Puig
Schebler/Kemp
Barnhart

Pretty impressive lineup, could score with anyone.

Kluber
Wood
Castillo
Roark
Battle royale in spring training for 5th spot.

Deep bullpen and good closer.

Top notch hitting and pitching coaches.

That all says contenders this year, if they get an ace.
Reply/Quote