Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trade Scenarios w/Pats
Assuming all the swirling rumors are true regarding TB12 coming over here in LA to play for Chargers and how Bill B loves doing business with Mike B...AND the swirling rumor about Dalton being a good fit in NE if TB departs. What potential trade scenarios do we have with Pats?
A potential deal that I think makes sense is AD straight up for Dont'A Hightower.
Reply/Quote
I would think it would involve draft pick, maybe a 3 to 4 in this year or next year draft.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Pat's third round pick.
Reply/Quote
It will require 3rd & 5th. Or 2nd. Brown will try to get a lot for Dalton and should. If the Bengals sign Green to a 3 year deal and package the two, now you are talking multiple years of picks.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I'd rather have the pick/s 3rd round and a later round if possible ?
Reply/Quote
Joe Cardona
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
If Brady is really leaving they desperately need a QB up there. I want at least a 2nd for Dalton or they can roll with Winston, Mariota, or some other scrub UFA or rookie. Looking at the list of UFA QB’s Dalton is honestly the best of bunch if Brees re-signs. I think we can do better than a mid 3rd rounder.

Reply/Quote
Something I don't understand: will the Bengals likely have to eat any of Andy's remaining contract if a trade is made? Are the Bengals likely to retain all of what they owe him in 2020? Just not sure.
Reply/Quote
I don’t think Bill Belichick is looking to trade for Andy Dalton. I think he’s looking to trade for Tyler Eifert.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2020, 07:37 PM)samhain Wrote: Something I don't understand: will the Bengals likely have to eat any of Andy's remaining contract if a trade is made?  Are the Bengals likely to retain all of what they owe him in 2020?  Just not sure.

New team takes 100% of his 1 year contract (all that is left is the almost 18 million in 2020)
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2020, 07:53 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I don’t think Bill Belichick is looking to trade for Andy Dalton. I think he’s looking to trade for Tyler Eifert.

Isn’t Eifert going to be a FA?
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2020, 08:50 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Isn’t Eifert going to be a FA?

Yep lol

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2020, 08:50 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Isn’t Eifert going to be a FA?

Yes he is — and thank you. I know Tyler Eifert signed a new contract for 2019 and you’re right: It was only for one year. Maybe Bill Belichick IS after Andy Dalton.

After thinking about it, Dalton would fit in the Patriots’ offensive system well. He gets the ball out fast and he’s more mobile than Tom Brady.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2020, 09:00 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Yes he is — and thank you. I know Tyler Eifert signed a new contract for 2019 and you’re right: It was only for one year. Maybe Bill Belichick IS after Andy Dalton.

After thinking about it, Dalton would fit in the Patriots’ offensive system well. He gets the ball out fast and he’s more mobile than Tom Brady.

Dalton needs better weapons though. That was Brady’s problem much of this season. He hasn’t been the same without Gronk.

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2020, 09:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Dalton needs better weapons though. That was Brady’s problem much of this season. He hasn’t been the same without Gronk.

That’s a very good point. Not only was Rob Gronkowski Tom Brady’s favorite receiver but he blocked magnificently on running plays. Julian Edelman is scheduled for offseason surgery so that doesn’t bode well either.

Wherever Andy Dalton goes I hope he’s surrounded with great weapons and a good offensive line.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2020, 07:37 PM)samhain Wrote: Something I don't understand: will the Bengals likely have to eat any of Andy's remaining contract if a trade is made?  Are the Bengals likely to retain all of what they owe him in 2020?  Just not sure.

(01-11-2020, 08:30 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: New team takes 100% of his 1 year contract (all that is left is the almost 18 million in 2020)

Yup. And the new team can make it contingent on signing a new contract. So a team like ne could tie a longer term deal to it if they don't want to give up a draft pick for a one year stop gap.

But, yeah, we can trade or cut Dalton and not lose any money.
Reply/Quote
I feel like MB would ask for a bit too much for Dalton, but I'm still letting that whole AJ McCarron trade both influence things. MB can ask for a 1st for Dalton since he doesn't really have his job to lose if he asks for the moon and comes back empty handed again.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2020, 01:12 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I feel like MB would ask for a bit too much for Dalton, but I'm still letting that whole AJ McCarron trade both influence things. MB can ask for a 1st for Dalton since he doesn't really have his job to lose if he asks for the moon and comes back empty handed again.

I still think a 2nd is realistic.

Reply/Quote
I'm sure belichick increases odds of getting aj green if he lands Andy in any capacity.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Were not getting anything higher than a 3rd for Andy.

And Id be fine with that.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote