Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trade Scenarios w/Pats
(01-12-2020, 11:40 AM)muskiesfan Wrote:  How many times have we read on here that Dalton has absolutely no trade value and that no other team would ever have interest. 
For me...i'd have to say zero.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2020, 08:39 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: ^^^^^^ Well said

The answer of those who continue to trash AD is fear. If he gets traded and we get value their rants were wrong.
If he gets traded and does well it makes them look foolish for the hate and lack of objectivity.

I am with you, let's thank AD for his effort and the records he accomplished as a Bengal. We can do that and welcome Joe Burrow too.

First of all, you guys have a lot of bitterness built up. That's unfortunate because i'd like to see him go to a place like NE and win a playoff game or two, just to show what a craptastic owner Mike Brown is. That guy is who my bile is for. Dalton was just a piece that they kept throwing on the board and it got annoying. 

Second of all, i'm not thanking anyone for anything. He was paid a hefty sum to QB the Bengals, he has a nice fat bank account, a nice house, cars, a beautiful family; the guy is set for life and then some. He doesn't need my thanks. Plus he never won a playoff game, so thanks for nothing. I have a sneaking suspicion that he will be just fine. 

Third, "we're on to Burrow". 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2020, 05:44 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: For me...i'd have to say zero.

It was definitely posted by a few people. At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter. It was said that Dalton had no trade value and that no one would be dumb enough to trade for him. I'm paraphrasing the last part.

I'm just saying we should all be happy that there continue to be rumors of teams that may have interest in trading for Dalton. Any additional draft capital from trading him would be nice.

I do agree, on to Burrow. I'm excited to see how he turns out. I think he could be a great one for us.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2020, 05:52 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: First of all, you guys have a lot of bitterness built up. That's unfortunate because i'd like to see him go to a place like NE and win a playoff game or two, just to show what a craptastic owner Mike Brown is. That guy is who my bile is for. Dalton was just a piece that they kept throwing on the board and it got annoying. 

Second of all, i'm not thanking anyone for anything. He was paid a hefty sum to QB the Bengals, he has a nice fat bank account, a nice house, cars, a beautiful family; the guy is set for life and then some. He doesn't need my thanks. Plus he never won a playoff game, so thanks for nothing. I have a sneaking suspicion that he will be just fine. 

Third, "we're on to Burrow". 

the irony.

You are the one who just proved you are bitter.  Smirk
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I think something people are missing out on as well is that Dalton's contract should help facilitate a trade. The QB market is about to reset. Mahomes and Watson are both about to get new deals. Rumors are that Mahomes deal will be worth at least $40m a year. I'm sure Watson will cash in somewhere in the $30m range. It's said the Chiefs are wanting to ramp up talks and get this thing done shortly after the Super Bowl.

So QB prices are going to go up. No, I absolutely am not comparing Dalton to Mahomes or Watson. Not even remotely close. With them raising the bar, guys like Winston for sure and probably Mariota as well are going to be looking for at least $20m plus. Mariaota just made $20.9m this season. He wants to be a starter so I doubt he's going to be willing to take much of a pay cut if any to go somewhere and be their starter.

Mahomes and Watson cashing in are going to raise the salaries. As for Dalton, being able to give up a draft pick for a starting QB that makes less than $20m a year will be a deal. I believe that also helps Dalton's trade market.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2020, 06:06 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: It was definitely posted by a few people. At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter. It was said that Dalton had no trade value and that no one would be dumb enough to trade for him. I'm paraphrasing the last part.

I'm just saying we should all be happy that there continue to be rumors of teams that may have interest in trading for Dalton. Any additional draft capital from trading him would be nice.

I do agree, on to Burrow. I'm excited to see how he turns out. I think he could be a great one for us.

I don't think anyone should worry or think they'll get nothing for him. They'll get something for him, unless MB keeps him to play out his contract and then he's a FA. 

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2020, 06:07 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: athe irony.

You are the one who just proved you are bitter.  Smirk

I don't see how. I hope he moves on and wins and i said he's set for life. 

I'm having a hard time seeing the bitterness. 

More like a "whatever" to thanking him for not winning in the playoffs or helping to get them there more. 

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2020, 05:40 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Tannehill was not a starting QB for 9 years in the NFL, 5 years he led his team to the playoffs so not a great comparison in my opinion

If you're looking at 2011-2015, yes that makes sense.
But let's compare performance for the past four years.
I don't bring this up to cater to my point, just trying to point out recency vs career production.
I think it's important if there's a noticeable trend.

Dalton:
20-35-1 (.366 winning percentage), 242.6 yards per game, 1.43 TDs per game, 0.8 INTs per game

Tannehill:
20-14 (.588 winning percentage), 226.9 yards per game, 1.7 TDs per game, 0.79 INTs per game

Tannehill better winning percentage, TDs per game.
Dalton better yards per game.
Basically same INTs per game.

They are comparable in my eyes, at least when looking at recent years.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2020, 06:32 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I don't think anyone should worry or think they'll get nothing for him. They'll get something for him, unless MB keeps him to play out his contract and then he's a FA. 

I don't get why it even matters if the Bengals "get nothing" for him. They get $17.7 mill back in cap space, which is a big something.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2020, 09:08 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Keep in mind the Titans got Ryan Tannehill and a 2019 6th rounder in exchange for a 2020 4th rounder and a 2019 7th rounder.

I don't think 1 year of Dalton (coming off a bad year) will ever get you a 2nd.

Whomever trades for him will get a comp pick if they decide he isn't any good -- kind of like a built in discount. 

Reply/Quote
Forget the Pats. Andy is going to join the OC that mentored him to the 26 rated QB in the NFL

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-bears-hire-former-bengals-232216541.html

Quote:The Bears are officially moving forward from Mark Helfrich. The Bears have hired Bill Lazor as their new offensive coordinator, sources say.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2020, 11:51 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Dalton had good OL’s his first few years. Never the best run blocking, but pass protection was always solid. Including one of the best LT’s in the league.

Also let me reiterate that I mostly root for the laundry. I don’t care if Dalton ever wins another game after leaving Cincinnati. I can say good for Zimmer or good for Whit, etc but it does very little for me. I care about one team, and one team only.

Some people here seem more excited about Dalton and his next team than they do about Burrow and our team. It’s weird to me...

WhoDey2 I'm right there with ya. If you aren't wearing stripes I couldn't care less about who you are or what you're doing.

When you leave here, I'm hoping you lose every game you play. That's why I can't play Fantasy football.... 
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2020, 11:51 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Dalton had good OL’s his first few years. Never the best run blocking, but pass protection was always solid. Including one of the best LT’s in the league.

Also let me reiterate that I mostly root for the laundry. I don’t care if Dalton ever wins another game after leaving Cincinnati. I can say good for Zimmer or good for Whit, etc but it does very little for me. I care about one team, and one team only.

Some people here seem more excited about Dalton and his next team than they do about Burrow and our team. It’s weird to me...

The lines Dalton had throughout his career here are not even in the same zip code as what Brady has had...

And I hope you are not referring to me when you are making a comment about people caring more about Dalton's future than that of the team...I don't think I have seen anything remotely close to that.  A lot of people realize what he did here, and the type of person that he is and would like to see him be successful wherever he goes.  That's not weird.  It is a reflection of Dalton's character.  
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 09:26 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: A lot of people realize what he did here, and the type of person that he is and would like to see him be successful wherever he goes.  That's not weird.  It is a reflection of Dalton's character.  

Spot on.  From 2016 to the present the Bengals have been awful and Andy Dalton hasn't been good either.  There's no debate.  Furthermore, it takes a complete team effort, both players and coaches, to stink this badly.  I refuse to put this losing streak on one guy, not even Marvin Lewis or Andy Dalton.  That's not fair.

Here's what I'll always remember about Andy Dalton: 2011-2015.  Leading a team to the playoffs five years in a row is an amazing accomplishment especially starting as a rookie.  Losing four playoff games wasn't good but, once again, that's a team effort to poop the bed that badly and, yes, I include Andy Dalton in this. 

Andy has set almost every passing record the Bengals have and some of those records will be extremely hard to break.  What impressed me about Andy -- and I suspect Bill Belichick's interest is piqued for the same reason -- is his ability to learn quickly.  Sometimes we forget he has worked under several different offensive coordinators in his nine years in the league from the good like Jay Gruden and Hue Jackson to the bad like Ken Zampese, Bill Lazor, and Brian Callahan.   

Since 2011 Andy Dalton has bled orange and black.  We're moving on but let's give him the respect he earned.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 01:57 AM)JSR18 Wrote: WhoDey2 I'm right there with ya. If you aren't wearing stripes I couldn't care less about who you are or what you're doing.

When you leave here, I'm hoping you lose every game you play. That's why I can't play Fantasy football.... 

Luckily fantasy football only cares about stats, not whether a team wins or loses.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 09:50 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Spot on.  From 2016 to the present the Bengals have been awful and Andy Dalton hasn't been good either.  There's no debate.  Furthermore, it takes a complete team effort, both players and coaches, to stink this badly.  I refuse to put this losing streak on one guy, not even Marvin Lewis or Andy Dalton.  That's not fair.

Here's what I'll always remember about Andy Dalton: 2011-2015.  Leading a team to the playoffs five years in a row is an amazing accomplishment especially starting as a rookie.  Losing four playoff games wasn't good but, once again, that's a team effort to poop the bed that badly and, yes, I include Andy Dalton in this. 

Andy has set almost every passing record the Bengals have and some of those records will be extremely hard to break.  What impressed me about Andy -- and I suspect Bill Belichick's interest is piqued for the same reason -- is his ability to learn quickly.  Sometimes we forget he has worked under several different offensive coordinators in his nine years in the league from the good like Jay Gruden and Hue Jackson to the bad like Ken Zampese, Bill Lazor, and Brian Callahan.   

Since 2011 Andy Dalton has bled orange and black.  We're moving on but let's give him the respect he earned.

So many people on here think that if you give ANY respect to Dalton, you are not a real fan.  You accept losing.  You are a "homer".  It is in someway accepting the failures of the organization.  I don't get it.  
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 11:10 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: So many people on here think that if you give ANY respect to Dalton, you are not a real fan.  You accept losing.  You are a "homer".  It is in someway accepting the failures of the organization.  I don't get it.  

Here’s my take: When it comes to quarterbacks I am a fan of whoever Cincinnati puts behind center at the moment. From Kenny Anderson to Andy Dalton I have backed the Bengals’ quarterback. To me that’s being a real fan. Each quarterback had their particular shortcomings but that doesn’t make me root for them any less. When Joe Burrow becomes a Bengal he’ll be “the man” and I’ll be behind him 100%.

What bothered me in 2019 was this: Sometimes it seemed like fans were rooting for Andy Dalton to fail more than they wanted the Bengals to succeed. I hope my impression about this was completely wrong but I suspect it wasn’t.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 09:26 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: The lines Dalton had throughout his career here are not even in the same zip code as what Brady has had...

And I hope you are not referring to me when you are making a comment about people caring more about Dalton's future than that of the team...I don't think I have seen anything remotely close to that.  A lot of people realize what he did here, and the type of person that he is and would like to see him be successful wherever he goes.  That's not weird.  It is a reflection of Dalton's character.  

Blah blah blah...

How about that Joe Burrow!

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2020, 09:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Forget the Pats. Andy is going to join the OC that mentored him to the 26 rated QB in the NFL

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-bears-hire-former-bengals-232216541.html

Holy CRAP! Bears bandwagon here I come!  Tongue Who wouldn't wanna be on the Bill Lazor bandwagon? After all, it could be worse.. It could be the Zampeese wagon..  Mellow
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 11:20 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Here’s my take: When it comes to quarterbacks I am a fan of whoever Cincinnati puts behind center at the moment.  From Kenny Anderson to Andy Dalton I have backed the Bengals’ quarterback.  To me that’s being a real fan.  Each quarterback had their particular shortcomings but that doesn’t make me root for them any less.  When Joe Burrow becomes a Bengal he’ll be “the man” and I’ll be behind him 100%.

What bothered me in 2019 was this:  Sometimes it seemed like fans were rooting for Andy Dalton to fail more than they wanted the Bengals to succeed.  I hope my impression about this was completely wrong but I suspect it wasn’t.

Dead on.  He became a popular punching bag.  And he was way too classy to every punch back....loved that he got that last win against Baker and the Browns...at least he went out on a win.  
Reply/Quote