Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trade Scenarios w/Pats
(01-15-2020, 12:51 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: It will continue to look like that if they do not pick Burrow. Probably wouldn't change for a long long time

Honestly, I think fans won't come back unless they get some key FA AND draft Burrow.  People will assume he's going to get killed or injured here.  The Bengals have to go all in if they want ANY fans to come back.  

I love them, and I watch them all the time on TV, but to get me back in the stadium:  Sign Whit to play LG, Thuney to play RG, and Littleton as a LB.  Do that, draft Burrow, and the draft is wide open....

They will have the money if they can trade Dalton and Dre for picks.  And then you could even draft a WR at #33 if you settle the offensive line and LB position in FA.  

God, that would be so much fun.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 06:01 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Honestly, I think fans won't come back unless they get some key FA AND draft Burrow.  People will assume he's going to get killed or injured here.  The Bengals have to go all in if they want ANY fans to come back.  

I love them, and I watch them all the time on TV, but to get me back in the stadium:  Sign Whit to play LG, Thuney to play RG, and Littleton as a LB.  Do that, draft Burrow, and the draft is wide open....

They will have the money if they can trade Dalton and Dre for picks.  And then you could even draft a WR at #33 if you settle the offensive line and LB position in FA.  

They are going to have to do both no doubt if they want fans to come back in droves. Burrow will only do so much, the OL 
HAS to be addressed for him to succeed. Even then the coaching would still keep fans from coming back until that improves.

Mikey and company are in a lot tighter spot than they think after that 2 win season.

Conklin would be a great grab for us IMO.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 06:01 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Honestly, I think fans won't come back unless they get some key FA AND draft Burrow.  People will assume he's going to get killed or injured here.  The Bengals have to go all in if they want ANY fans to come back.  

But it has to start with burrow. If they trade him to the saints for basically some late picks the next couple years and a RB that they dont need, I think I'm out as  a fan, and I've been a fan since before I was born 38 years ago. 

A huge blockbuster trade is fine, but I need positions with filled with great talent and good picks in a brade before I give away Joe Burrow like that. 
Reply/Quote

If any year is the year to spend money on a household named FA this is the year.

A #1OA QB generating so much national interest and at least one big Free Agent could be just enough for The Family/Tobin to allure fans.

Even if it means departing with Dalton/Green/Dre the hope of new faces and actual "New Dey" changing of the guard could be the real hook to reel them in.

I'm not sure if Whit coming back is realistic though.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 06:23 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: But it has to start with burrow. If they trade him to the saints for basically some late picks the next couple years and a RB that they dont need, I think I'm out as  a fan, and I've been a fan since before I was born 38 years ago. 

A huge blockbuster trade is fine, but I need positions with filled with great talent and good picks in a brade before I give away Joe Burrow like that. 

Right.  This guy isn't a lock NFL QB but he isn't Akili either.

I would be more upset with the ownership for passing on Burrow than trading the pick away for multiples even if he busts.

Just to have a crack at rejuvenating the QB position with a legit college prospect, instead of bolstering the roster lead with business as usual Dalton or a vet FA, would pique my interest which has been waning more and more.

Roll the dice with Burrow and actually make some good draft picks and take Free Agency seriously for once for God's sake!

I would not be mad at all if they did that and failed.

At least the rest of the world wouldn't act as if we're the dumbest team by not going for a very impressive QB and be embarrassed by missing out.

If he flops.  Most will be surprised.  Not just say "stupid Bungles".
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 08:08 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Right.  This guy isn't a lock NFL QB but he isn't Akili either.

I would be more upset with the ownership for passing on Burrow than trading the pick away for multiples even if he busts.

Just to have a crack at rejuvenating the QB position with a legit college prospect, instead of bolstering the roster lead with business as usual Dalton or a vet FA, would pique my interest which has been waning more and more.

Roll the dice with Burrow and actually make some good draft picks and take Free Agency seriously for once for God's sake!

At least the rest of the world wouldn't act as if we're the dumbest team by not going for a very impressive QB and be embarrassed by missing out.

It's not just about doing the right moves in FA. 

When was the last time this fanbase got excited? 3 or 4 years ago? Burrow is exciting!! I'm excited for Bengal football!!

Now imagine they trade this pick for a mid 20s selection and some other draft picks this year and next and a RB that honestly they really dont need. I'd bet this fanbase would be deflated and really put out by that move and no way this team doesnt pick top 10 again next year guaranteed and still feeling like a stale team.

I 100% know and understand that Burrow could bust and hell most QBs dont even make average players in the nfl, but this kid is exciting to think about and he will sell tickets.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 08:30 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: It's not just about doing the right moves in FA. 

When was the last time this fanbase got excited? 3 or 4 years ago? Burrow is exciting!! I'm excited for Bengal football!!

Now imagine they trade this pick for a mid 20s selection and some other draft picks this year and next and a RB that honestly they really dont need. I'd bet this fanbase would be deflated and really put out by that move and no way this team doesnt pick top 10 again next year guaranteed and still feeling like a stale team.

I 100% know and understand that Burrow could bust and hell most QBs dont even make average players in the nfl, but this kid is exciting to think about and he will sell tickets.

Honestly, this would be the smoothest way to say goodbye to Dalton for not only themselves but to appease the fan base who are underwhelmed by him(justified or not).

Like you said.  It brings excitement to a drain-circling team.  Plus it gives Taylor a reset button.

NEW DEY pt II  The Rise Of Bureaux 
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 08:08 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Right.  This guy isn't a lock NFL QB but he isn't Akili either.

(01-15-2020, 08:30 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: It's not just about doing the right moves in FA. 

(01-15-2020, 09:24 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Honestly, this would be the smoothest way to say goodbye to Dalton for not only themselves but to appease the fan base who are underwhelmed by him(justified or not).

Like you said.  It brings excitement to a drain-circling team.  Plus it gives Taylor a reset button.

NEW DEY pt II  The Rise Of Bureaux 

All I agree with, it is the only move to make to save this fan base at this point. Wasn't going to spend anymore money on 
anything Bengals until I saw how good Burrow was this last season and how we got the #1 pick at precisely the right time
to add the most accurate QB with ice water in his veins that I have ever seen in college from a big SEC team.

Just do it, we all will be watching from this pick alone.

Need to take care of the guy though and add some decent Lineman not only in the Draft but in FA.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 09:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: All I agree with, it is the only move to make to save this fan base at this point. Wasn't going to spend anymore money on 
anything Bengals until I saw how good Burrow was this last season and how we got the #1 pick at precisely the right time
to add the most accurate QB with ice water in his veins that I have ever seen in college from a big SEC team.

Need to take care of the guy though and add some decent Lineman not only in the Draft but in FA.

Really!

Also not some QB who has a perfect team surrounding him either, and he played against some really good opponents.

This is not just some AJ McCarron system type Bama QB(sorry Macaroni lovers).
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 12:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Our stadium looked like this all season...

[Image: EEh6s1nX4AEO3H5.jpg]

We’re not passing on Joe Burrow.

RIP my team. Weren't the niners the 2nd or 4th game of the year? not good.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 10:28 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Really!

Also not some QB who has a perfect team surrounding him either, and he played against some really good opponents.

This is not just some AJ McCarron system type Bama QB(sorry Macaroni lovers).

Lit up the best Defenses in college football, lit them up. The best in the country.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2020, 09:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Dalton needs better weapons though. That was Brady’s problem much of this season. He hasn’t been the same without Gronk.

And Andy was not the same without Green that's why if Dalton goes to the Pats I think Green needs to go to the Pats also.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 09:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: All I agree with, it is the only move to make to save this fan base at this point. Wasn't going to spend anymore money on 

We need another top WR to go with Boyd weather AJ is here or not a guy that's big and fast similar to Chase that was with Burrow on LSU. Mainly because I lost faith in AJ sitting out a full season when he could of been playing.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 11:42 AM)Benton Wrote: I think it's more likely that Saints and Bengals fans would resolve the Who Dey chant than it would be that the Bengals drop back 23ish spots so the Saints can take an Ohio native who is one of the best prospects of the last four years.
Not only did he set all kinds of records and beat the number one QB pick next year but he is a Ohio kid if the Browns traded this kid to the Saints the Bengals fans would surround Paul Brown Stadium like it was Frankenstein's castle.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 10:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Lit up the best Defenses in college football, lit them up. The best in the country.

Just wait until he gets a taste of the unstoppable juggernaut that is Zac Taylor's offensive scheme as he throws it to Ross who drops it (assuming he runs the right route or doesn't give up half way) and then gets blasted by the pass rusher who dominates the crap OL.

Burrow will have the "oh shit, what did I get myself into" look. 

Ninja Ninja Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 07:53 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: If any year is the year to spend money on a household named FA this is the year.

A #1OA QB generating so much national interest and at least one big Free Agent could be just enough for The Family/Tobin to allure fans.

Even if it means departing with Dalton/Green/Dre the hope of new faces and actual "New Dey" changing of the guard could be the real hook to reel them in.

I'm not sure if Whit coming back is realistic though.

I'm sure the dude loves living out west, but if he wants to play guard, and maybe for three more years....plus, he played at LSU, where Burrow is now a legend...Who knows?  But as a Guard, I make the call and offer good money.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 03:30 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: Not only did he set all kinds of records and beat the number one QB pick next year but he is a Ohio kid if the Browns traded this kid to the Saints the Bengals fans would surround Paul Brown Stadium like it was Frankenstein's castle.

Lol the insider source on our forums has credibility. Update on that. Benglas are wanting Micheal Thomas and Kamara. MT one of the players thats not on the table right now. The draft compensation is not that bad mainly a player type of trade. Theres multiple players in the deal but right now Thomas is the snag where they dont agree. Payton told our front office at all cost. So payton likeley to roll on that and Thomas in the deal. 
Reply/Quote
I dont think it will happen unless the Bengals dont want to sell tickets at all.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 01:46 PM)Ernayesaints Wrote: Lol the insider source on our forums has credibility. Update on that. Benglas are wanting Micheal Thomas and Kamara. MT one of the players thats not on the table right now. The draft compensation is not that bad mainly a player type of trade. Theres multiple players in the deal but right now Thomas is the snag where they dont agree. Payton told our front office at all cost. So payton likeley to roll on that and Thomas in the deal. 

Not buying it. But if what you're saying is true, the Bengals asking for Michael Thomas & Kamara is likely their way of saying the pick isn't available.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 07:22 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Just wait until he gets a taste of the unstoppable juggernaut that is Zac Taylor's offensive scheme as he throws it to Ross who drops it (assuming he runs the right route or doesn't give up half way) and then gets blasted by the pass rusher who dominates the crap OL.

Burrow will have the "oh shit, what did I get myself into" look. 

Ninja Ninja Ninja

Marv took that look with him.

On the serious side I sure hope Taylor gets this coaching shit down. Was terrible last year until Turner changed the blocking scheme.

(01-16-2020, 02:29 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Not buying it. But if what you're saying is true, the Bengals asking for Michael Thomas & Kamara is likely their way of saying the pick isn't available.

Agreed. 
Reply/Quote