Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trade Targets
So here is a thread for reasonable trade candidates feel free to add players.

Andy Isabella WR Cardinals
Scott Mitchell WR Tampa
Trysten Hill 3T Cowboys
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Found another one
Marquise Blair FS/CB Seattle
J24

Reply/Quote
(06-22-2022, 03:59 PM)J24 Wrote: So here is a thread for reasonable trade candidates feel free to add players.

Scott Mitchell WR Tampa
Trysten Hill 3T Cowboys

we had scott mitchell a long time ago at QB...he sucked ass
seriously: I dont know alot about THIS Scott Mitchell, but we definitely need another GOOD player at WR

Reply/Quote
(06-23-2022, 02:33 PM)kalibengal Wrote: we had scott mitchell a long time ago at QB...he sucked ass
seriously: I dont know alot about THIS Scott Mitchell, but we definitely need another GOOD player at WR

lol, I thought of him too when I saw that.    I assume he's referring to Scotty Miller.   He has very nice speed / played @ Bowling Green not too long ago.   I believe he was drafted fairly late by them a few years ago.  
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2022, 03:59 PM)J24 Wrote: So here is a thread for reasonable trade candidates feel free to add players.

Scott Mitchell WR Tampa
Trysten Hill 3T Cowboys

Not really understanding the love for the short slot receivers in Isabella and Miller.
Both those guys only 5'9" no way they're playing outside.
Bengals have a backup slot guy in Trent Taylor who offers more on ST on top of being a backup slot.
Taylor has a bit more production on offense than Miller too.
Just keep Taylor at this point.
If wanting to bring in a WR, find one with more proven production.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2022, 02:49 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Not really understanding the love for the short slot receivers in Isabella and Miller.
Bengals have a backup slot guy in Trent Taylor who offers more on ST on top of being a backup slot.

Any WR they bring in at this point would need to be able to play outside and have to have the ability to threaten the defense vertically.  
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2022, 02:49 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Not really understanding the love for the short slot receivers in Isabella and Miller.

He does? Moot point because I doubt the Bucs trade him after the AB meltdown and Gronk retiring (again)... but Miller put up 33/501(15.2)/3 plus another 4/80(20.0)/1 in the playoffs for the Bucs SB season. Or are you just comparing career numbers of a guy in the NFL for 5 years vs a guy in the NFL for 3 years?

Nobody after the top-3 for the Bengals at WR is worth a single damn at WR. Can't have amazing players at every position, but they do need to upgrade 4th WR at least a little because there's a lot of snaps in the season that will go to WRs who aren't named Chase/Higgins/Boyd.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Both Miller and Isabella run in the 4.3s compare to Taylor who runs 4.6. Their not the typical white slot guy!
J24

Reply/Quote
(06-23-2022, 03:10 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: He does? Moot point because I doubt the Bucs trade him after the AB meltdown and Gronk retiring (again)... but Miller put up 33/501(15.2)/3 plus another 4/80(20.0)/1 in the playoffs for the Bucs SB season. Or are you just comparing career numbers of a guy in the NFL for 5 years vs a guy in the NFL for 3 years?

Nobody after the top-3 for the Bengals at WR is worth a single damn at WR. Can't have amazing players at every position, but they do need to upgrade 4th WR at least a little because there's a lot of snaps in the season that will go to WRs who aren't named Chase/Higgins/Boyd.

Yes I was comparing NFL career production.
3 years vs 5 years isn't a big difference, IMO.
Scott Miller has had 1 season of 500 yards, just 70 more yards higher than Taylor's 430.

I agree with you that WR4 needs upgraded, but I don't think Miller or Isabella does that.
I think there are still FAs out there that can provide that upgrade who I would prefer over Miller or Isabella.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-23-2022, 03:10 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: He does? Moot point because I doubt the Bucs trade him after the AB meltdown and Gronk retiring (again)... but Miller put up 33/501(15.2)/3 plus another 4/80(20.0)/1 in the playoffs for the Bucs SB season. Or are you just comparing career numbers of a guy in the NFL for 5 years vs a guy in the NFL for 3 years?

Yep

I'd love it if they picked up a proven vet with actual decent NFL production on his resume. We don't need just another "guy". We've got a half dozen "guys" now.

We need a true #4, just in case.
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2022, 03:21 PM)J24 Wrote: Both Miller and Isabella run in the 4.3s compare to Taylor who runs 4.6. Their not the typical white slot guy!

That's fair, but we're still not going to see a 5'9" on the outside, regardless of speed.
If Higgins or Chase went down, would you expect Boyd to move outside and Miller/Isabella to take the slot?
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-23-2022, 03:31 PM)ochocincos Wrote: That's fair, but we're still not going to see a 5'9" on the outside, regardless of speed.
If Higgins or Chase went down, would you expect Boyd to move outside and Miller/Isabella to take the slot?
I would expect an offense similar to the 2018 Rams. More bunch WRs alignments and such. 

Also another guy I would throw out there would be Rashod Perriman from Tampa.

Like you I would rather the FO sign a Beckham or Fuller on a cheap deal than give up draft capital for a WR.
J24

Reply/Quote
I know this is all hypothetical anyway, and we wouldn't likely bring in bigger-named proven types....so I'll throw out a few "change of scenery" guys whom might possess a modicum of upside:
Jalen Reagor
Denzel Mims
Preston Williams
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2022, 03:25 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Yes I was comparing NFL career production.
3 years vs 5 years isn't a big difference, IMO.
Scott Miller has had 1 season of 500 yards, just 70 more yards higher than Taylor's 430.

I agree with you that WR4 needs upgraded, but I don't think Miller or Isabella does that.
I think there are still FAs out there that can provide that upgrade who I would prefer over Miller or Isabella.

What? Lol

That's literally 66.6% more. That's an enormous difference.

Joe Burrow needs to throw ~6,800 yards and 45 TDs MORE (not throw 6.8k and 45 TDs than Baker Mayfield does this year to match Baker's 5 year production with his 3 year production. So if Baker throws for say... 3,000 yards and 15 TDs in 2022 for the Panthers, Burrow needs to throw for ~9,800 yards and 60 TDs in 2022 to match him.

3 years in the NFL and 5 years in the NFL is not a big difference for career totals. Lol. That's a hell of a hill to plant your flag on.

Reply/Quote
(06-23-2022, 04:12 PM)Dr.Z Wrote: I know this is all hypothetical anyway, and we wouldn't likely bring in bigger-named proven types....so I'll throw out a few "change of scenery" guys whom might possess a modicum of upside:
Jalen Reagor
Denzel Mims
Preston Williams

Don't know much about Preston Williams but Mims or Reagor would be awesome if somehow we could make a trade for one of them.

Also like J24's thought of Rashod Perriman.

Still would like a FA like DeDe Westbrook who has outside speed and can be a Returner too if he is healthy.
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2022, 04:15 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: What? Lol

That's literally 66.6% more. That's an enormous difference.

Joe Burrow needs to throw ~6,800 yards and 45 TDs MORE (not throw 6.8k and 45 TDs than Baker Mayfield does this year to match Baker's 5 year production with his 3 year production. So if Baker throws for say... 3,000 yards and 15 TDs in 2022 for the Panthers, Burrow needs to throw for ~9,800 yards and 60 TDs in 2022 to match him.

3 years in the NFL and 5 years in the NFL is not a big difference for career totals. Lol. That's a hell of a hill to plant your flag on.

So is thinking a 500 yard season is a big difference from a 430 yard season.
And while Miller might offer a bit more in the receiving game over Taylor from the slot, Taylor offers way more on ST than Miller has.
Miller has had 1 KR and only 31 ST snaps in 3 years.
Taylor had 29 last year just as a returner. He's put up 246 career ST snaps.

It boils mostly down to me not wanting a slot-only guy who doesn't contribute on ST to be WR4.
The (marginally) better offensive production I don't feel will be enough to compensate for a lack of ST.
I'd rather get a bigger WR for WR4 who can still contribute to the offense but help cover outside. If that player can also do ST, that's good.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-23-2022, 06:10 PM)ochocincos Wrote: So is thinking a 500 yard season is a big difference from a 430 yard season.
And while Miller might offer a bit more in the receiving game over Taylor from the slot, Taylor offers way more on ST than Miller has.
Miller has had 1 KR and only 31 ST snaps in 3 years.
Taylor had 29 last year just as a returner. He's put up 246 career ST snaps.

It boils mostly down to me not wanting a slot-only guy who doesn't contribute on ST to be WR4.
The (marginally) better offensive production I don't feel will be enough to compensate for a lack of ST.
I'd rather get a bigger WR for WR4 who can still contribute to the offense but help cover outside. If that player can also do ST, that's good.

It is if the 500 came 2 years ago in a SB winning season and the 430 came 4 years ago in a losing season, when the 500 is heading into his age 25 season and the 430 is heading into his age 28 season, and when the 500 is at 15.2 yards per catch and the 430 is at 10.0 yards per catch.

Special teamers are incredibly replaceable. The real concern is playing WR on offense. Last year WRs not named Chase/Higgins/Boyd played 508 snaps on offense for the Bengals. For comparison Tee Higgins played 710 snaps on offense last year. That's not even touching on the 459 offensive snaps that Drew Sample played last year that should be cut back with less need of his services as a blocker with an improved OL. There's real substantial snaps available for a WR4, even if none of the top 3 WRs get an injury.

Reply/Quote
(06-23-2022, 07:37 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: It is if the 500 came 2 years ago in a SB winning season and the 430 came 4 years ago in a losing season, when the 500 is heading into his age 25 season and the 430 is heading into his age 28 season, and when the 500 is at 15.2 yards per catch and the 430 is at 10.0 yards per catch.

Special teamers are incredibly replaceable. The real concern is playing WR on offense. Last year WRs not named Chase/Higgins/Boyd played 508 snaps on offense for the Bengals. For comparison Tee Higgins played 710 snaps on offense last year. That's not even touching on the 459 offensive snaps that Drew Sample played last year that should be cut back with less need of his services as a blocker with an improved OL. There's real substantial snaps available for a WR4, even if none of the top 3 WRs get an injury.

KRs and PRs are not "incredibly replaceable."
So unless the Bengals can find a better PR than Taylor, Taylor will still be on the roster.

With that said, get DeDe Westbrook then.
He's been more productive in offense than Miller plus he has plenty of PR experience.
And you don't have to give up a pick for him.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-23-2022, 05:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Don't know much about Preston Williams but Mims or Reagor would be awesome if somehow we could make a trade for one of them.

Also like J24's thought of Rashod Perriman.

Still would like a FA like DeDe Westbrook who has outside speed and can be a Returner too if he is healthy.
I'm not even sure they would even want to part with him, but if fully healthy, Preston Williams might be my favorite of the 3.  

Funny; Breshad Perriman's trajectory after the Ravens is kinda what you are hoping happens with the other guys mentioned (find some success on the field after leaving the team that drafted you).   He has to be getting closer to 30, but could fill a nice short term void. 

I was a big fan of Westbrook's game coming into the league and thought the Jags might have gotten a steal if he could keep his nose clean.  I remember us showing some potential interest a year or so ago and was intrigued then.   If Mayfield gets a shot somewhere, I could see him becoming interested in reuniting with him, but I would certainly still be interested in him if we decided to kick the tires.   I assumed he would stay with the Vikings, but that doesn't seem likely sans the Albert Wilson signing.  
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2022, 10:03 AM)Dr.Z Wrote: I'm not even sure they would even want to part with him, but if fully healthy, Preston Williams might be my favorite of the 3.  

Funny; Breshad Perriman's trajectory after the Ravens is kinda what you are hoping happens with the other guys mentioned (find some success on the field after leaving the team that drafted you).   He has to be getting closer to 30, but could fill a nice short term void. 

I was a big fan of Westbrook's game coming into the league and thought the Jags might have gotten a steal if he could keep his nose clean.  I remember us showing some potential interest a year or so ago and was intrigued then.   If Mayfield gets a shot somewhere, I could see him becoming interested in reuniting with him, but I would certainly still be interested in him if we decided to kick the tires.   I assumed he would stay with the Vikings, but that doesn't seem likely sans the Albert Wilson signing.  

For some reason Preston Williams name just doesn't resonate with me. What teams has he played on so I can remember?

Nice on correcting Perriman's name for us. Had a mesh between Rashod Bateman and Breshad Perriman lol

Or is that another Perriman on Tampa J24 was talking about is the question?

Westbrook is my hope. We should sign him before Mayfield has a chance to be interested. 

The Browns are really shitting on Mayfield. This is why they are a bad organization, look at the way they are treating the QB they
drafted for heck sake. Won't even let him find another team lol
Reply/Quote