Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trade Up?
With the team somewhat complete we can now pick BPA or we can trade up and grab a stud.

I recon you can also trade down to acquire more draft picks that is also on the cards.

If we don't get Gilmore maybe we should make a run at Cincys own Sauce Gardner
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Yes this really opens up the draft. I wonder what they'll be looking at ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 07:44 PM)QueenCity Wrote: With the team somewhat complete we can now pick BPA or we can trade up and grab a stud.

I recon you can also trade down to acquire more draft picks that is also on the cards.

If we don't get Gilmore maybe we should make a run at Cincys own Sauce Gardner

Sauce Gardner is likely to go top 10 might even go top 5. No chance the Bengals are going to trade up from #31 to get him.

QB's are going to slide this year and a team might move up to #31 for a QB at the top of the second giving up at least a high 3rd round pick. That is the direction I would go because 30-40 to 45 is similar value in this class unless one of the top 20 slide.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 08:07 PM)Synric Wrote: Sauce Gardner is likely to go top 10 might even go top 5. No chance the Bengals are going to trade up from #31 to get him.

QB's are going to slide this year and a team might move up to #31 for a QB at the top of the second giving up at least a high 3rd round pick. That is the direction I would go because 30-40 to 45 is similar value in this class unless one of the top 20 slide.

There’s mocks of Sauce going top 5 now.

This is the time to move down for more picks. This team needs better quality back ups and more picks would certainly help that.
Reply/Quote
Taking a look at some recent mocks... consensus seems we go CB if we stay at 31
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 08:07 PM)Synric Wrote: Sauce Gardner is likely to go top 10 might even go top 5. No chance the Bengals are going to trade up from #31 to get him.

Yeah this is more likely, I find myself doing just that with the few simulators I've done.  There's a handful of corners left and you can easily slide back and get another pick as you said. If a stud like Dax Hill is close I'd deal a 4th to move up a few slots to secure him as a FS in waiting, dime back for now.

You grade situationally, but this roster could really use the mid round pick approach.  As a contender, they'll get ring chasers so I get QueenCity's logic with roster slots.  That's why if there isn't a clear BPA I'd look at getting more out of the few slots we have as a whole. A trade with Seattle is ideal as they could move down 11 slots to Seattle's 2nd, give up a low 5th and pickup Seattle's high 4th and both 5ths or something similar.  More mid picks and less low picks.  There isn't much separation if your DB (Elam) isn't there and the DT and UT class isn't top heavy.  You get your "needs" to develop and still a few bpa slots.
Reply/Quote
I'm just spit balling but it would be nice to have another Stud RB if we don't think Chris Evans will pan out. Could that be a 2nd round pick?
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 10:37 PM)QueenCity Wrote: I'm just spit balling but it would be nice to have another Stud RB if we don't think Chris Evans will pan out.  Could that be a 2nd round pick?

I'm cool with a RB regardless of Evans panning out.  I know our eyes are on Mixon's long term deal if we have to cut costs in a year or two but yeah let's consider the short term.  

This isn't about any reservations to the current backups.  They may have ELITE run blocking this year and you want to keep Burrow clean in the 17 regular season games.  We should be running the ball at a higher margin to say the least and need another body this year.  

We have other needs, but a mid round runner that falls to the 3rd-5th would be ideal since the draft looks lean with guys from like 4th to 12th on most draft rankings not having much separation.  I know we want a threat to run and block with those last two plays etched in our brains, but give me a hard runner in case Mixon is hurt and we depend on the remaining guys getting high carries or making Burrow throw more than needed. 
Reply/Quote
I’m all for trading up. Would love to get one to the Georgia DL guys but I think they will both be gone too early.

I’m OK giving up later or future picks but not next years first. If they were to sign Gilmore then that would make their draft really interesting.
Reply/Quote
I have a feeling we’ll end up getting a DT in round 1. But I could see a variety of positions in play-Cb, oline, edge, etc. I could see us moving up a few spots if there’s a guy we really like on the board.
Reply/Quote