Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trade Values Reds
Baseball Trade Values has a formula that ranks player on trade value. They figure in salary, production and expected production and rank the player. Suarez was rated the 14th best trade value in all of baseball, that deal is looking sweet! Votto is ranked the 4th worst in all of baseball, ouch. The Reds are stuck with Votto even if he excepted the trade, they would have to eat 75-80% of his contract.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2019, 10:59 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Baseball Trade Values has a formula that ranks player on trade value. They figure in salary, production and expected production and rank the player. Suarez was rated the 14th best trade value in all of baseball, that deal is looking sweet! Votto is ranked the 4th worst in all of baseball, ouch. The Reds are stuck with Votto even if he excepted the trade, they would have to eat 75-80% of his contract.

It would be stupid to pay Votto all this money, but even more stupid to pay him to play for another team.   If they are stuck with his contract, just keep him.  Maybe he has a comeback year and then trade him at All-Star break.   See, that's the problem though, if he ever gets hot again, everybody will want to keep him.  Then if he goes back down, we are stuck with him again.   Ride it out and if he gets HOT and a big money team like Yankees or Red Sox or Angels want him and willing to pay him, THEN trade him.   Now if somebody wants to pay him now anyway, pull the trigger on that trade.   Remember, AL has DH, so they are always looking for First Base and DH more than NL. 

Suarez needs to be here as long he stays in Reds price range.   Suarez and keep all those young outfielders who came up big from the minors.  Just figure one or two might slump, so there is safety in numbers.  Besides the home run hitting kid, there are a lot of young bats in the outfield.  Injuries happen, so keep them all.  Van Meter even likes playing 2nd base.  

Pitching.  If they have Castillo and Gray good again, and some others.  Disco starting to be good.  Pitching, Defense and Good Young Hitters.   If Votto has good year and Reds in First Place, then he may be too good to trade.  That is the Catch 22 on Votto.   Hey, if Reds have Pitching and Hitting and IF Votto has a good year ALSO, Reds get REAL GOOD.  I would trade him to first team that eats his contract, but that's me. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Votto can block all trades if he wants to. You’re right about keeping him this year to see if he can rebound. I’m not sold on any of the young Outfields yet, they all have some potential. It would be great to see at least one to have a break out year.
Reply/Quote
I'm ok with keeping Votto and letting him retire as a Red. His trade value is close to zilch so just keep eating the rest of the contract till it's over and give him his gold watch.. He earned it over the years. And just think..when the team is back in dead last losing 90+ again they can unveil his bronze statue and endless bobbleheads to sell a few tickets.. Votto really was a generational talent for the Reds and stuck around during the dark ages..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote