Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trade With Jets to get a LB
Apparently the Jets want to get back up into the early part of round 2. Unless they want to give up a bunch in future picks it is not likely to happen.

But they do have something we need. A young talented fast LB. They picked Darron Lee 20th overall in 2016 and apparently want to move him.

They can have our pick at 42.

We get Lee and slide back to their pick in the 3rd at 68.
Reply/Quote
Supposedly they are willing to trade him for a 5th or 6th. I think our 2nd is a bit much to give up...especially with the guys still on the board.
Reply/Quote
As Piston said, a 2nd is wayyy too much to give up for him. A 4th/5th is the best offer the Jets will and should get for him and I wouldn’t mind doing so.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 06:03 PM)milksheikh Wrote: As Piston said, a 2nd is wayyy too much to give up for him. A 4th/5th is the best offer the Jets will and should get for him and I wouldn’t mind doing so.

Basically what the OP said  was we would get Lee and their 3rd rounder for our 2nd rounder.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 06:05 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Basically what the OP said  was we would get Lee and their 3rd rounder for our 2nd rounder.

And what the others are saying is that giving up #42 for #68 and a guy you could reasonably get for a 5-6th round pick is a bit too pricey. If the Jets threw in an additional 3rd next year or something, then it wouldn't be as bad. But dropping 26 spots for a guy the Jets supposedly want to get rid of anyway isn't worth it.

If he can be had for a 5th or 6th round pick, we've got those in bundles...hell, toss them two of the 6ths for Lee, keep #42, and you're in better shape.
Reply/Quote
We have what FIVE 6 round picks? Let's make a deal... haha
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I would let them trade up with whomever then offer a a 5 or 6 for him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 06:22 PM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: We have what FIVE 6 round picks? Let's make a deal... haha

Are you insane? Give up compensation draft pick capital?  Mike Brown would sooner have his own father burned in effigy on the stage at the draft! 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 06:22 PM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: We have what FIVE 6 round picks? Let's make a deal... haha

I think you can't trade compensatory picks.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 06:35 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: I think you can't trade compensatory picks.

No, that's changed, you can now. Been that way since 2017.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 06:35 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: I think you can't trade compensatory picks.

"Compensatory picks can be traded; this began with the 2017 NFL Draft. The placement of picks is determined by a proprietary formula based on the player's average annual salary, playing time, and postseason honors with his new team, with salary being the primary factor."

from Google
Reply/Quote
Bengals
2-42 (480 pts)
6-149 (17.8 pts) = 497.8 pts

Jets
3-68 (250 pts), 3-93 (128 pts), 4-105 (84 pts) = 462pts

The 36 pt difference is equivalent to the top pick in the 5th round. I don't think the Jets would want to give up this much. They'd probably have to subtract a pick and add one next year instead.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 05:54 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Apparently the Jets want to get back up into the early part of round 2. Unless they want to give up a bunch in future picks it is not likely to happen.

But they do have something we need. A young talented fast LB. They picked Darron Lee 20th overall in 2016 and apparently want to move him.

Dropping back that far would be equivalent of us trading our 3rd pick straight up for Lee.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 05:54 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Apparently the Jets want to get back up into the early part of round 2. Unless they want to give up a bunch in future picks it is not likely to happen.

Do it, as long as we aren't giving up too much...
Reply/Quote
Aren't any of you concerned about why the price tag is so cheap?
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 08:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Aren't any of you concerned about why the price tag is so cheap?

Only one year with solid production. On the 4th year of his deal with a high priced 5th year option. More of a drag tackler than a physical hitter...In his only good year he was suspended the last 4 games for PEDs.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 08:13 PM)Synric Wrote: Only one year with solid production. On the 4th year of his deal with a high priced 5th year option. More of a drag tackler than a physical hitter...

But basically they are saying he is equal to a LB we could draft in the 5th round.

That doesn't get me very excited.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 08:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Aren't any of you concerned about why the price tag is so cheap?

Jets have been a mess. They hired the failed Miami coach. They just paid the shit out of CJ Mosley which isn't too bad, but how much room is there under a salary cap for non pass rushing LBs? And they paid the shit of out Leveon. I question their decision making. 

Darron is only 24 years old. Has 3 years of NFL experience. 241 NFL tackles 3 INTs and 11 passes defended. 

If we could add an ascending NFL player at our most glaring area of need and only have to slide back 26 spots. I think it is a risk worth taking
Reply/Quote