Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trade anyone?
Was any of this serious?
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2018, 08:09 PM)jason Wrote: I'm with you on Boyd. I'm not sure what happened to him last year, but dude was solid as a rookie. He's shown enough to make them cut LaFell. Trading him makes zero sense.

I haven't seen enough from the ends to consider trading Dunlap either.

I believe he was injured if I remember right.....
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2018, 09:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We could always trade Tate for a 1st

Tate and next year's first round pick for AJ McCarron.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
So we're going to trade away someone just because we have too much talent at a position? For a late round pick next year? Yeah, makes sense to me.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If we trade away a receiver, it needs to be Core....
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2018, 08:19 AM)Sled21 Wrote: If we trade away a receiver, it needs to be Core....

Yeah, but what could they get for him?  I mean, what does the market fetch for a 6th round pick that never really made a splash?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2018, 08:37 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yeah, but what could they get for him?  I mean, what does the market fetch for a 6th round pick that never really made a splash?

There's probably people that think he'd get us a 2nd or 3rd rounder in return. And Tom Brady. 
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2018, 06:27 PM)jwayne Wrote: Tyler Boyd, WR, KR, Great Slot Receiver.
My suggestion is to offer him for a 5th rounder / 3 provisional to performance.
This is NO slight on the mans ability. In point of fact he is a VERY valuable player.
So with the amount of talent on this team they can let him go be productive on another team and still GAIN from the trade.
Just saying!

GO BENGALS! Tongue

hope this post was created in a drunken stuper and now you've come back to your senses...lol.

I'm all for upgrading where possible but how can you give up your slot receiver for a 5th rounder?  If he's good enough to warrant a possible 3rd with his play he is too valuable to trade.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2018, 06:27 PM)jwayne Wrote: Tyler Boyd, WR, KR, Great Slot Receiver.
My suggestion is to offer him for a 5th rounder / 3 provisional to performance.
This is NO slight on the mans ability. In point of fact he is a VERY valuable player.
So with the amount of talent on this team they can let him go be productive on another team and still GAIN from the trade.
Just saying!

GO BENGALS! Tongue

why hows that 5th rounder gonna help us this year?
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2018, 08:37 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yeah, but what could they get for him?  I mean, what does the market fetch for a 6th round pick that never really made a splash?

Right,

You might be able to package him with a late round draft pick and get another 2nd or 3rd year player that hasn't panned out yet either but that's about it.

Only thing I'd really be interested in trading for is O-line help and basically speaking that ain't gonna happen. With extremely rare exceptions nobody is gonna give up staring quality linemen.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2018, 10:56 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Right,

You might be able to package him with a late round draft pick and get another 2nd or 3rd year player that hasn't panned out yet either but that's about it.

Only thing I'd really be interested in trading for is O-line help and basically speaking that ain't gonna happen. With extremely rare exceptions nobody is gonna give up staring quality linemen.

Correct, especially when you consider the failure rate of OL drafted in the past 5 years, compared to historical averages.  The value for even an average Tackle has went through the roof.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2018, 11:14 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Correct, especially when you consider the failure rate of OL drafted in the past 5 years, compared to historical averages.  The value for even an average Tackle has went through the roof.

plus a lot of teams are dealing with OL injuries who would probly pay more than us for the help
Reply/Quote
Tyler Kroft and a 2nd Rd pick for Travis Frederick & 7th Rd pick.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Easy Peasy.. Just trade our worst players for the moon, stars and the sun because we can and every team should be willing to do it because, well, darnit we're Bengals fans and we deserve it..

I know..OUR offensive line for Dallas's line and we'll let Jerry come stand on the B before every game for a year...
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-20-2018, 06:52 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Trading a perfectly good player, for a late round pick?  No, thank you.

If anything, the Bengals should be looking to trade for a decent Offensive Tackle.

UHHHH NO on Dunlap.
With the release of GI. that should hopefully free up enough to get the CORE players signed. (Especially Geno and Carlos)
NOT EVEN CLOSE ON A TRADE FOR THESE PLAYERS.
These guys as a unit are TERRIFYING.

GO BENGALS!  Smirk
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2018, 09:02 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: There's probably people that think he'd get us a 2nd or 3rd rounder in return. And Tom Brady. 

LEAVE MY STUNKEN DROOPER ALONE. More words for my dictionary. 

Go Bengals! 
Reply/Quote