Bengals Week 6 Injury Report: Holy Crap
Dunlap is SOOOO overrated.

He is washed up and needs to be traded ASAP
Reply/Quote
The team has quit on Zac.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2019, 08:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The team has quit on Zac.

Quit? I wasn’t aware they had even started.
Reply/Quote
When a team is losing the injury list goes up. They don't want to play hurt when there is nothing to play for. Also, I don't think the birds were going to have too much trouble with us even with the injured players. We cant get anything going for 1 quarter much less 4. New Dey.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2019, 08:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The team has quit on Zac.

Disagree. Might see a pretty good performance tomorrow. Not putting my life on it, just sayin we might.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2019, 08:21 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Disagree. Might see a pretty good performance tomorrow. Not putting my life on it, just sayin we might.

Might also finish the season 11-5 and SB Champs. Not putting my life on it, just sayin we might.

Ninja

- - - - - - - 

Jokes aside, I am not holding my breath on a good performance by the Bengals tomorrow. It would make sense if they did, though. Give just enough hope that the Bengals can convince themselves that they were just health away from not being a terrible team. Convince them to keep the 2019 team together for another shot in 2020 rather than biting the bullet and making the changes that need to be made.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Someone has put a curse on our offensive line.  I think it was Paul Alexander.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2019, 09:27 PM)OBX Bengal Wrote: Someone has put a curse on our offensive line.  I think it was Paul Alexander.

It was Andrew Whitworth.

It all started when they drafted his "replacement" in Ogbuehi. It went all downhill for the Bengals after that. Meanwhile Whit went to the Pro Bowl, was a 1st Team All-Pro, and got to play in a Super Bowl.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2019, 08:21 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Disagree. Might see a pretty good performance tomorrow. Not putting my life on it, just sayin we might.

I might not have been 100% serious. Maybe just parroting a tagline I've heard over the last few years.

Reply/Quote
So we're going into the game with one OT, and that's Bobby Hart? Sick
Reply/Quote
dalton has the 2nd worst QBR when pressured, 0.9. Lamar Jackson has the best, almost 70.
Reply/Quote

There's always the hope of any given Sunday. You see it every week with some random team. 

The only problem is, i can't really remember the last time the Bengals pulled off a win, much less on the road, when it looked so much like they were gonna get their asses handed to them. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 02:17 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: There's always the hope of any given Sunday. You see it every week with some random team. 

The only problem is, i can't really remember the last time the Bengals pulled off a win, much less on the road, when it looked so much like they were gonna get their asses handed to them. 

We haven’t won a road game in over a year.

Last one was 9/30/18 at Atlanta. And that took late game AJ heroics. Downright pathetic.

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 02:23 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We haven’t won a road game in over a year.

Last one was 9/30/18 at Atlanta. And that took late game AJ heroics. Downright pathetic.

Yep. And the last time they won a game, when they had a losing record playing a team with a winning record was 2012 against the Giants who were 4 1/2 pt favorites. And that was at home. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 02:17 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: There's always the hope of any given Sunday. You see it every week with some random team. 

(10-13-2019, 06:39 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yep. And the last time they won a game, when they had a losing record playing a team with a winning record was 2012 against the Giants who were 4 1/2 pt favorites. And that was at home. 

Hopefully today is the day. I have .001% of faith they can turn this thing around, but I just want to see a win.

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 09:01 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Hopefully today is the day. I have .001% of faith they can turn this thing around, but I just want to see a win.

I'm torn between being resigned to a really bad year that yields a better draft position so they can get better players, and a year that ends up with them near .500 where certain positions start to show improvement with some "hope" (there's that word i despise so much when it's associated with this team) for the future. 

There are several ways you can build or strengthen a roster. It just seems that the Bengals don't know the (true) right ways to do it. 

I mean, i don't want to keep beating a dead horse but we're in the 29th year of MB running things and the best we've seen from the team is a good enough record for a 1st round playoff loss, 7 times. That's 7 enjoyable season's with bad endings in...almost THREE decades. Almost 30 freaking years of a guy that cuts corners, does just enough to be considered an NFL franchise and takes years to catch up with what used to be current trends. He's content to hold up the teams "competitive" record from '09-'15 as if that should be enough to content fans and he believes they're doing things the right way. Ok, this has turned into a rant and i have so many more things to type but it's useless, so i'm just stopping here. 

I've just gotten to the point that i'm resigned to not seeing a team like we saw in '81 and '88 ever again as long as members of the Brown family are running the team, NFL and their parity structure be damned. 

Ok, not quite done. One more thing. Don't you think that even one single time, they would have gotten lucky and won a playoff game or two so that they didn't look like such a pathetic organization? Or gotten lucky with all those high draft picks and been able to get an elite QB that could overcome other parts of a lesser roster? Just one freaking time in 30 years? The first thing that idiot does after taking over, is let the coach that led them to the SB leave (whether he was fired or resigned, whatever) and then he proceeds to keep Shula and Lewis around way past their expiration dates because of how much he was affected by his Dad getting fired from the Browns, and how it affects their families. I mean, WTF, why wasn't that sentiment in place with Wyche?

Reply/Quote
Let's look for performances of players who are trying to make an impact on the team and league. I've only see Mixon try to do that, out of frustration. Anyone else...who is worth keeping on the whole team except Tyler Boyd? What would happen to Boyd this year if he was #2 WR with AJ Green healthy...probably a .500 ballclub hiding all our problems away like we always did.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 09:58 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'm torn between being resigned to a really bad year that yields a better draft position so they can get better players, and a year that ends up with them near .500 where certain positions start to show improvement with some "hope" (there's that word i despise so much when it's associated with this team) for the future. 

There are several ways you can build or strengthen a roster. It just seems that the Bengals don't know the (true) right ways to do it. 

I mean, i don't want to keep beating a dead horse but we're in the 29th year of MB running things and the best we've seen from the team is a good enough record for a 1st round playoff loss, 7 times. That's 7 enjoyable season's with bad endings in...almost THREE decades. Almost 30 freaking years of a guy that cuts corners, does just enough to be considered an NFL franchise and takes years to catch up with what used to be current trends. He's content to hold up the teams "competitive" record from '09-'15 as if that should be enough to content fans and he believes they're doing things the right way. Ok, this has turned into a rant and i have so many more things to type but it's useless, so i'm just stopping here. 

I've just gotten to the point that i'm resigned to not seeing a team like we saw in '81 and '88 ever again as long as members of the Brown family are running the team, NFL and their parity structure be damned. 

Ok, not quite done. One more thing. Don't you think that even one single time, they would have gotten lucky and won a playoff game or two so that they didn't look like such a pathetic organization? Or gotten lucky with all those high draft picks and been able to get an elite QB that could overcome other parts of a lesser roster? Just one freaking time in 30 years? The first thing that idiot does after taking over, is let the coach that led them to the SB leave (whether he was fired or resigned, whatever) and then he proceeds to keep Shula and Lewis around way past their expiration dates because of how much he was affected by his Dad getting fired from the Browns, and how it affects their families. I mean, WTF, why wasn't that sentiment in place with Wyche?

[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
Week 6 inactives:
Bengals: T Cordy Glenn, T Andre Smith, DE Carlos Dunlap, DT Ryan Glasgow, DE Kerry Wynn, QB Jake Dolegala, WR A.J. Green

The young DEs should get a chance to shine
Hope anybody that plays at LT moves Dre 350 over to the right side to compete with Hart or even RG

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2019, 08:36 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Dunlap is SOOOO overrated.

He is washed up and needs to be traded ASAP

Dunlap?  More like Done-Crap, amitire?
Reply/Quote