Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trade deadline Trade Ideas Thread
Ramsey for Dre K. and 3rd rounder

This trade would upgrade our starters to ramsey and wj3. AJ gets an easier week against Jax.

I love Dre’s attitude and how much of a team player he is, would we get a downgrade in attitude with Ramsey? Or an upgrade? Downgrade on his ability to be a team player? Upgrade?

We unload Dre’s overpaid contract, and give Ramsey a 4 year deal.

Would this upgrade our team? I’d rather us acquire OL help, but this trade could work for both parties. Jax probably wants a replacement to pull the trigger on a trade.

Focus on offensive line in free agency and the draft. As well as linebacker.

Something to send a message to the fanbase that you want to increase the talent level. There arent any linebackers available but this would be an upgrade.

Im sure it wont happen, though..

Edit: Okay this may be unrealistic from a trade value standpoint. Use this thread to talk about trade deadline ideas, (or just forget about it)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The Ravens offered Jacksonville a first, a second, and their first round pick from 2018 TE Hayden Hurst.

Dre and a 3rd is not gonna cut it.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I think you’re over valuing Dre op. We would be lucky to get a 3rd round pick out of him. Second, the bungles don’t make trades unless they have to. We aren’t about improving via trade
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 05:58 PM)Synric Wrote: The Ravens offered Jacksonville a first, a second, and their first round pick from 2018 TE Hayden Hurst.

The Jags turned that down?

Damn!!! Shocked
Reply/Quote
AJ would just be punching him in the face all the time anyways...
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 05:58 PM)Synric Wrote: The Ravens offered Jacksonville a first, a second, and their first round pick from 2018 TE Hayden Hurst.

If that's the case, I wouldn't give up a 2nd. Could we package another player in there? Yeah, I guess that wouldn't work.
Have to save the high draft pick for Oline, LB.
Reply/Quote
They need to do something to shake it up, though. They should figure out some sort of upgrade at the deadline. Not sure Free Agency and the Draft are enough to turn this team around
Reply/Quote
Zac wants character guys.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 07:05 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Zac wants character guys.

I get that. Ramsey has a reputation. People are often misunderstood though. I guess I don't know much about Ramsey as a person. I just know he's a good football player. AJ is great in that he seems to be team first. Kirk seems to be too. I'm sure the Bengals value that and wouldn't gamble on this kind of trade. 
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 07:12 PM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: I get that. Ramsey has a reputation. People are often misunderstood though. I guess I don't know much about Ramsey as a person. I just know he's a good football player. AJ is great in that he seems to be team first. Kirk seems to be too. I'm sure the Bengals value that and wouldn't gamble on this kind of trade. 

He's not misunderstood... He's an asshole.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 07:12 PM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: I get that. Ramsey has a reputation. People are often misunderstood though. I guess I don't know much about Ramsey as a person. I just know he's a good football player. AJ is great in that he seems to be team first. Kirk seems to be too. I'm sure the Bengals value that and wouldn't gamble on this kind of trade. 

Ramsey wants to play for a winner and has free agency upcoming.

What makes you think he'd be happy here? We're 0-5. I doubt that Ramsey makes us that much better.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 09:10 PM)jason Wrote: He's not misunderstood... He's an asshole.

Well said lol
Reply/Quote
3 guys I would consider trading
1.) William Jackson- might get us a first in return. Not sure he has proven to the front office that he is worthy of a big money extension either. 1st RD

2.) Joe Mixon I am not sure who would bite but I bet someone would. 2nd RD

3.) Andrew Billings- could be the best NT in the game and he's young. Not sure he is in the Bengals future plans. 3rd Comp/ 4tg RD.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 11:04 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: 3 guys I would consider trading
1.) William Jackson- might get us a first in return. Not sure he has proven to the front office that he is worthy of a big money extension either.  1st RD

2.) Joe Mixon I am not sure who would bite but I bet someone would. 2nd RD

3.) Andrew Billings- could be the best NT in the game and he's young. Not sure he is in the Bengals future plans. 3rd Comp/ 4tg RD.

You'd trade Mixon for a 2nd Round pick?

And you think Billings could be the best NT in the game and would trade him for a 3rd Round Compensatory pick?

On Jackson I get it. Then draft a young CB and you don't have to pay him.
Reply/Quote
Trade Dunlap for a 2nd or 3rd
Trade Shawn Williams for a 3rd or 4th
Trade Preston Brown for a 3rd or 4th
Trade Eifert for a 4th or 5th
Trade Cordy Glenn for anyone who doesn't have amnesia
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 11:27 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You'd trade Mixon for a 2nd Round pick?

And you think Billings could be the best NT in the game and would trade him for a 3rd Round Compensatory pick?

On Jackson I get it. Then draft a young CB and you don't have to pay him.

Yes I said all that

1.) RBs are much easier to draft than any other position + Do you want to spend 13 to 15 per a year on a back. Also aren't you the one that talks about him holding out next year all the time?

2.) Nose Tackle isn't an important position anymore + we have Wrenn, Glasgow, and Topu all coming back next season. I don't want to pay a nose Tackle premium money when it could be used on a more important position.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 09:31 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Ramsey wants to play for a winner and has free agency upcoming.

What makes you think he'd be happy here? We're 0-5. I doubt that Ramsey makes us that much better.

Yes. All of this is true. Im a dumbass. I get it. Next moment. Something about the idea made it interesting to me though, and i thought id share it. I mainly thought it would make interesting conversation, but the asking price is much higher so it was a dumb idea all around to suggest it. Its a lonf wait for the offseason.
Reply/Quote
I bet we could fetch a 3rd rounder for Gio.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2019, 02:38 AM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: Yes. All of this is true. Im a dumbass. I get it. Next moment. Something about the idea made it interesting to me though, and i thought id share it. I mainly thought it would make interesting conversation, but the asking price is much higher so it was a dumb idea all around to suggest it. Its a lonf wait for the offseason.

It's cool. And you're not dumb.

I'd say that 80% of franchise's would have a realistic chance at Ramsey IF they were willing to pay the price. It's just due to our prolonged losing for 28+ years and other circumstances, I couldn't see him happy here.

Ramsey is a talent and would be awesome on a team like the Patriots or 49ers...or a bunch of other teams.

I don't know that we have the leadership to keep him in line here.
Reply/Quote
I'm thinking we do this trade:

Chiefs get: Andy Dalton
John Ross

Bengals get: Patrick Mahomes
Tyreke Hill
1st Round pick
Reply/Quote