Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Trade deadline Trade Ideas Thread
#41
(10-13-2019, 11:40 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I was curious so I did the quick math.

$198m in pennies would weigh roughly 109 million pounds or just under 54,512 TONS.

That’s a lot of damn pennies! Are there even that many in circulation. Now I’m curious if the pennies are worth more in their weight. If you was to melt them down and sell the copper to make bullets.
Reply/Quote
#42
(10-13-2019, 11:45 AM)TKUHL Wrote: That’s a lot of damn pennies! Are there even that many in circulation. Now I’m curious if the pennies are worth more in their weight. If you was to melt them down and sell the copper to make bullets.

I throw pennies away, I should use a penny jar though.
Reply/Quote
#43
(10-13-2019, 11:45 AM)TKUHL Wrote: That’s a lot of damn pennies! Are there even that many in circulation. Now I’m curious if the pennies are worth more in their weight. If you was to melt them down and sell the copper to make bullets.

Yeah, pennies have been worth more than their weight for over a decade now. The US Government makes them at a loss, same with nickles.

Pennies are actually only 2.5% copper these days. A quick internet search tells me that the other 97.5% is zinc.

(Internet search also told me that there's a few hundred billion pennies in circulation, so most certainly enough. 4-8 billion new ones are made each year.)

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]
__________________________________________________________________________


[Image: bensack.gif]
Reply/Quote
#44
People are robbing houses for 10-15 years to steal their copper pipes and melt 'em, sell them, become rich beyond their wildest dreams.
Reply/Quote





Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)