Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trade down mock 2.0
If u don’t love this mock as an overall team improvement builder idk what to Tell you.

#5. Jeffery okudah cb osu. Jalen Ramsey 2.0 somehow falls to 5 where we scoop him up( keep hoping for Simmons here but he always goes 4 to giants)

#18. Aj epeneza de Iowa. We get our Next franchise de for the next decade

#27. Jordan love qb Utah state. Already know I’m gonna get flack for love but he lost 9 offensive starters, his hc, implementing a new offensive system prior to the 2019 season at Utah state where talent is hard to come by. That’s why his numbers dropped. He’s gonna be a great qb.

#33. Kenneth Murray lb Oklahoma. A good lber where I reached imo but I know a lot of people are higher on him. He’s got elite range just needs more reps in the passing game. Unproven there but he has the talent.

#56 kj hamler wr penn state. A gem falls in to our lap with hamler. A John Ross replacement but also a great route runner, hamler is a major contributor by year 2.

#65 Cole kmet te Nd. Great te replaces Tyler eifert

#97 Kyle dugger s. Some teams will have him as a ss, some lber. He played both. One thing is for certain he’s a good pass and run defender who plays best close to los.

#129 devin Hamilton dt osu: replaces Andrew Billings. Great run defender who offers much more in pass rush. Consistently held his own against double teams in the big ten, shoots the gap and disrupts plays with ease.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2020, 10:50 AM)Jpoore Wrote: If u don’t love this mock as an overall team improvement builder idk what to Tell you.

#5. Jeffery okudah cb osu. Jalen Ramsey 2.0 somehow falls to 5 where we scoop him up( keep hoping for Simmons here but he always goes 4 to giants)

#27. Jordan love qb Utah state. Already know I’m gonna get flack for love but he lost 9 offensive starters, his hc, implementing a new offensive system prior to the 2019 season at Utah state where talent is hard to come by. That’s why his numbers dropped. He’s gonna be a great qb.  

#33. Kenneth Murray lb Oklahoma. A good lber where I reached imo but I know a lot of people are higher on him. He’s got elite range just needs more reps in the passing game. Unproven there but he has the talent.

#56 kj hamler wr penn state. A gem falls in to our lap with hamler. A John Ross replacement but also a great route runner, hamler is a major contributor by year 2.

#65 Cole kmet te Nd.  Great te replaces Tyler eifert

#97 Kyle dugger s. Some teams will have him as a ss, some lber. He played both. One thing is for certain he’s a good pass and run defender who plays best close to los.

#129 devin Hamilton dt osu: replaces Andrew Billings. Great run defender who offers much more in pass rush. Consistently held his own against double teams in the big ten, shoots the gap and disrupts plays with ease.
Nothing wrong with improving the team overall, but I am curious. Do you plan to keep Andy around for his last year in this trade down scenario? Or are we supposed to expect Love to come in and at least match what AD did (wasn't much this past season, I doubt Love can do better). Plus, you forgot our oline is dog crap. At least one OL would have been nice. 

I'm not a fan. If Burrow isn't our guy, go Young at 1 and take a QB in round 2. Because Herbert will not match Burrow's success in the NFL, it won't even be close and Tua is glass. Trading down for more picks doesn't always add more value to your roster. It's an unneccessary gamble with arguably the best QB to come out since Luck. Some say Manning (Peyton). If a team like the Dolphins is willing to trade that much to move up, you have to wonder why. "Okudah, Epeneza, Love, and Hamler in exchange for Joe Burrow....". Saying it out loud with knowledge of each player.. I'm not feeling it. And I hope.it doesn't play out this way. Regardless of keeping Andy or not. 

I see people on Welcome to Jungle Noise/FB don't like this Mock either.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
So your scouting report indicates Love needs to be surrounded with offensive weapons, a good O-line, good coaching, and the right offensive scheme in order to be successful. And without the laundry list of things the Bengals don’t have he is average.

We already have two average QBs. A third average QB is a luxury pick.
Reply/Quote
If they don't draft Burrow the fan base will disappear. MB knows what puts butts in the seats and won't pass on the shiny new thing to put a spell on the fans. If they do nothing in free agency they are settling for mediocrity and putting more money in their pockets while ***** slapping the fans again.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2020, 11:43 AM)Takedown Wrote: Nothing wrong with improving the team overall, but I am curious. Do you plan to keep Andy around for his last year in this trade down scenario? Or are we supposed to expect Love to come in and at least match what AD did (wasn't much this past season, I doubt Love can do better). Plus, you forgot our oline is dog crap. At least one OL would have been nice. 

I'm not a fan. If Burrow isn't our guy, go Young at 1 and take a QB in round 2. Because Herbert will not match Burrow's success in the NFL, it won't even be close and Tua is glass. Trading down for more picks doesn't always add more value to your roster. It's an unneccessary gamble with arguably the best QB to come out since Luck. Some say Manning (Peyton). If a team like the Dolphins is willing to trade that much to move up, you have to wonder why. "Okudah, Epeneza, Love, and Hamler in exchange for Joe Burrow....". Saying it out loud with knowledge of each player.. I'm not feeling it. And I hope.it doesn't play out this way. Regardless of keeping Andy or not. 

I see people on Welcome to Jungle Noise/FB don't like this Mock either.
U start dalton 2020, start love 2021 ala mahomes/Smith.
(02-01-2020, 06:45 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: So your scouting report indicates Love needs to be surrounded with offensive weapons, a good O-line, good coaching, and the right offensive scheme in order to be successful. And without the laundry list of things the Bengals don’t have he is average.

We already have two average QBs. A third average QB is a luxury pick.
No love will elevate players around him.
(02-01-2020, 08:42 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: If they don't draft Burrow the fan base will disappear. MB knows what puts butts in the seats and won't pass on the shiny new thing to put a spell on the fans. If they do nothing in free agency they are settling for mediocrity and putting more money in their pockets while ***** slapping the fans again.

Then they’re not real fans and they can go **** themselves. If ur a fan ur a fan. Simple. Also I think the prospect of having 3-4 elite new players on the team including a great potential qb is lord attractive than 1 new piece.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2020, 08:51 PM)Jpoore Wrote: No love will elevate players around him.

You should think about making up your mind about Love.  Either he's going to elevate those around him, or he's going to struggle from having 9 new teammates on Offense. (as you said in your Jordan Love Senior Bowl thread)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2020, 08:51 PM)Jpoore Wrote: No love will elevate players around him.

Like he elevated those nine new starters?
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2020, 08:51 PM)Jpoore Wrote:  

Then they’re not real fans and they can go **** themselves.  If ur a fan ur a fan. Simple. Also I think the prospect of having 3-4 elite new players on the team including a great potential qb is lord attractive than 1 new piece.

So that's what a real fan does? I hope I never become a real fan then. I guess I would rather $$$$ myself than have MB doing it and pretending I like it like real fans do. With the cap space they have if they don't do something in free agency this year then I guess I will never ever be a "REAL" fan.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2020, 10:20 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Like he elevated those nine new starters?

At Utah state. Filled with a bunch of middle school gym teachers
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2020, 08:58 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You should think about making up your mind about Love.  Either he's going to elevate those around him, or he's going to struggle from having 9 new teammates on Offense. (as you said in your Jordan Love Senior Bowl thread)

He’ll elevate players but said players have to have talent. Every qb has to have some level of talent around him. Also I don’t think that’s the main reason he struggled it was his coaching.
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2020, 12:37 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: So that's what a real fan does? I hope I never become a real fan then. I guess I would rather $$$$ myself than have MB doing it and pretending I like it like real fans do. With the cap space they have if they don't do something in free agency this year then I guess I will never ever be a "REAL" fan.

Yes a real fan supports their team no matter what? Why do h think browns stadium is filled every Sunday even though they sucks for 15+ years? They have real fans. U don’t only support a team when it’s good. Also it’s laughable if u think we’re gonna utilize free agency
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 07:52 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Yes a real fan supports their team no matter what? Why do h think browns stadium is filled every Sunday even though they sucks for 15+ years? They have real fans.  U don’t only support a team when it’s good. Also it’s laughable if u think we’re gonna utilize free agency

No one believes that we are going to be players in FA this year or any year. What's laughable is trading the #1 pick and losing out on Burrow for a scrub QB in Love. I don't care who else you draft with extra picks. You draft JB and you don't look back.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
Jordan Love is Josh Freeman 2.0, I'm good on that I'll pass.
Reply/Quote
I'm not really believing that Jeff Okudah will be on the board at #5, either. Despite my feelings about Jordan Love, the rest of the proposed trade and selections just kind of seems flawed and not really well though out.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 07:52 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Yes a real fan supports their team no matter what? Why do h think browns stadium is filled every Sunday even though they sucks for 15+ years? They have real fans.  U don’t only support a team when it’s good. Also it’s laughable if u think we’re gonna utilize free agency

I challenge you to go to their board and see how many of their fans support them today. Why have they had three coaches in three years if the fans don't complain? The Cleveland fanbase are rabid dogs compared to ours. I have been a fan for as many years as the team has been in existence but I totally refuse to bury my head in the sand and accept MB's bs way on managing the team. If it hurts you to hear these type complaints you have came to the wrong site because many here feel the same as I do.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 07:49 AM)Jpoore Wrote: At Utah state. Filled with a bunch of middle school gym teachers

So he didn’t elevate anyone. So if he elevates others as you claim, but then point out that he didn’t elevate anyone, I’m wondering who exactly do you think he elevated?
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 07:52 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Yes a real fan supports their team no matter what? Why do h think browns stadium is filled every Sunday even though they sucks for 15+ years? They have real fans. U don’t only support a team when it’s good. Also it’s laughable if u think we’re gonna utilize free agency

Yeah, you can’t swing a dead cat without hitting half a dozen band wagon Bengals fans. It’s actually annoying how many of them there are. Probably third on the list right behind Cowboys and Steelers fans when it comes to the number of band wagon fans.
Reply/Quote
I dont need to do any arguing about any picks.

I'm just here to say Kenneth Murray will not be there at pick 33. In the dozens of mocks I've done, Murray is drafted mid first almost every time. Only like 5 drafts Ice had that he was at 33 and one of those had tee Higgins there too.

The #2 LB in the draft almost always goes in the first.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2020, 10:50 AM)Jpoore Wrote: If u don’t love this mock as an overall team improvement builder idk what to Tell you.

#65 Cole kmet te Nd.  Great te replaces Tyler eifert

I like a lot of the early picks.
Okudah, Epeneza, Murray would (or should) improve the defense a good amount.

I'm not going to go into the Love pick because I know your plan would be to keep Dalton and groom Love for a year.

What I don't like is no OL drafted at all when OL was very bad last year.
Do you expect that the Bengals will bring in a good veteran or two for the OL via FA?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 08:32 AM)Takedown Wrote: No one believes that we are going to be players in FA this year or any year. What's laughable is trading the #1 pick and losing out on Burrow for a scrub QB in Love. I don't care who else you draft with extra picks. You draft JB and you don't look back.
And suck for a decade bc u put nothing around him.... need I bring up the dozens of qbs who have been elite but never done anything bc nothing was put around them?
(02-03-2020, 10:14 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm not really believing that Jeff Okudah will be on the board at #5, either. Despite my feelings about Jordan Love, the rest of the proposed trade and selections just kind of seems flawed and not really well though out.
Okudah will be there(expecting lions to trade down) epeneza should be there, there’s been questions about his position in the nfl and he’s been dropping, Murray has been dropping like a rock and isn’t in some peoples top 3 lbers at this point due to lack of instincts and coverage ability.
(02-03-2020, 11:24 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: I challenge you to go to their board and see how many of their fans support them today. Why have they had three coaches in three years if the fans don't complain? The Cleveland fanbase are rabid dogs compared to ours. I have been a fan for as many years as the team has been in existence but I totally refuse to bury my head in the sand and accept MB's bs way on managing the team. If it hurts you to hear these type complaints you have came to the wrong site because many here feel the same as I do.
They don’t offend me, but there’s a reason the browns even though they suck sell out and fill their stadium, and we don’t.
(02-06-2020, 11:49 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I like a lot of the early picks.
Okudah, Epeneza, Murray would (or should) improve the defense a good amount.

I'm not going to go into the Love pick because I know your plan would be to keep Dalton and groom Love for a year.

What I don't like is no OL drafted at all when OL was very bad last year.
Do you expect that the Bengals will bring in a good veteran or two for the OL via FA?

No olineman worthy of the picks/think they would be there in that round. Think realistically we don’t improve the oline tbh.... don’t see us moving on from our rg who just signed a 3 year contract and I like Fred johnson at rt. Would love to upgrade oline but realistically think they only sign tackle depth
Reply/Quote