Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Trade for Dalton and let Burrow rest for the next 4 games.
Very winnable slate of games coming up.  Dalton is what he is but he has 1 year of experience in Zac Taylors system so the learning curve should be pretty short.  Next 4 are very winnable I have no doubt with our talent Dalton could go 3-1.  After these 4 we have a bye meaning Burrow wouldn't have to play again until October 29th.  Who says no?

[Image: jB87HTX.jpg]

Cigar
Reply/Quote
Why trade for Dalton when Palmer and Kitna are free agents that we can sign without giving up picks for?
Reply/Quote
I heard a rumor that Akili Smith has finally learned the playbook and is looking to make a comeback. Maybe Klingler is a better fit in Zacs system?
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 12:03 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: Very winnable slate of games coming up.  Dalton is what he is but he has 1 year of experience in Zac Taylors system so the learning curve should be pretty short.  Next 4 are very winnable I have no doubt with our talent Dalton could go 3-1.  After these 4 we have a bye meaning Burrow wouldn't have to play again until October 29th.  Who says no?

[Image: jB87HTX.jpg]

I actually like this plan, except would the Panthers do it reasonably?

Or are there other QBs on the market that would be viable and not cost a draft pick?

I am 100% on board that Burrow probably needs 5 weeks or more of rest.

He is unable to roll out, escape, or make time for unscripted throws/plays.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 12:06 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I actually like this plan, except would the Panthers do it reasonably?

Or are there other QBs on the market that would be viable and not cost a draft pick?

Except the stats show that he is throwing on the run more than last year. And he's doing it well.

You all act like he's back there with a broken leg, unable to move.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 12:06 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I actually like this plan, except would the Panthers do it reasonably?

Carson Wentz is a free agent but he would have to learn the system.  Jameis Winston is probably the most talented but he would cost a pick.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
I've been told that ZT going 2-14 with Dalton at QB was totally A-OK, so...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 12:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I've been told that ZT going 2-14 with Dalton at QB was totally A-OK, so...

That's the funniest part of this...
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 12:10 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That's the funniest part of this...

4 replies in 6 minutes are you going for the record?  

Edit: 5 now he replied while I was typing this...

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 12:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I've been told that ZT going 2-14 with Dalton at QB was totally A-OK, so...

Maybe that guy Zac drafted in the 4th Round that had no arm strength from NC State is ready to lead the team?
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 12:10 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That's the funniest part of this...

I realize we aren't exactly the same as we were in 2019, but there is no denying Dalton bounced back in New Orleans and his two worst years as a QB were with ZT in 2019, and with the Chicago Bears.  Everyone knows the Bears kill QBs, but ZT?  Well...I guess I'd be more interested to see if we can get some Finley vs the Steelers "nothing to lose" wins out of Browning Nagle and Rosey Grier.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 12:11 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Maybe that guy Zac drafted in the 4th Round that had no arm strength from NC State is ready to lead the team?

I heard he bulked up in his time off and he's up to 165lbs now.
Reply/Quote
What are you willing to trade is the question?
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 12:11 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: 4 replies in 6 minutes are you going for the record?  

Well, now you're forcing him to reply to this, so you're not helping  Tongue
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 12:11 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: 4 replies in 6 minutes are you going for the record?  

Great threads deserve many replies.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 12:17 PM)Sled21 Wrote: What are you willing to trade is the question?

What do you think their asking price would be for a backup QB?  Late round pick?  6th?  

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 12:18 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Well, now you're forcing him to reply to this, so you're not helping  Tongue

I wanted you to know that I read this.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 12:19 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Great threads deserve many replies.

You seem to think im bashing Burrow and im not (look at my username ffs) he said he tweaked his calf on the 2nd to last play of the game im offering a solution to get him back to 100%. 

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 12:19 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: What do you think their asking price would be for a backup QB?  Late round pick?  6th?  

Our dignity. Does that have a chart that equates to a draft pick?
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 12:19 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: What do you think their asking price would be for a backup QB?  Late round pick?  6th?  

Knowing that your trade partner is in need always raises the price. Also, Dalton is their number two, and they are not carrying a number three, so I highly doubt they would be interested unless it was a stupid price.
Reply/Quote