Poll: Should Wes Mantooth have a Trade of the Day thread(s)?
Yes, greatest idea in recent memory
No, I suffer from micropenis
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Trade of the Day!
I want Trade of the Day to be a recurring new thread every day, launched by Wes Mantooth.

Obviously this is an homage to Stat of the Day, on the DP show, and if it absolutely can't be a new thread every day I at least want it to be a thread Wes posts in daily with his - what? - Trade of the Day!

That Mantooth kid is en fuego!
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
If I reply NO, who am I declaring to have a micropenis, me or you?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
One is funny.  One a day would get really old really fast.

BTW I only suffer from really large penises.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2016, 12:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: BTW I only suffer from really large penises.

Sometimes they just lob them up there and beg you to drive the ball out of the park. 

Going to lay off this one though. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2016, 12:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: One is funnt.  One a day would get really old really fast.

Widening your hallway is a painful project eh? Hilarious
(08-21-2016, 12:19 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Sometimes they just lob them up there and beg you to drive it out of the park. 

Going to lay off this one though

Not me! Tongue
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2016, 12:19 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Sometimes they just lob them up there and beg you to drive it out of the park. 

Going to lay off this one though. 

I thought you were talking about the penises and was scared to see where that was going lmao after reading the rest of the post it makes more sense though. 

And I totally agree, that was too easy. Feels like a trap to me so I'm going to move on...

[Image: e5a.png]
Reply/Quote
The funny part about all of this is, is if a noobie made threads of a bunch of stupid trades, they would be considered a "troll." Dude with a bunch of posts on here does it, it gets called "funny."
Reply/Quote
Well, shucks. I would have tried to put in a little more effort in today's offering had I seen this thread.

In all seriousness, I'm glad some people got a laugh out of them. That one last night was pretty out there and was a result of late night beers. But yeah, was just trying to point out the absurdity of some of the trade proposals and simultaneously kill time in the godforsaken tease that is the preseason.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2016, 07:21 PM)Gohards Wrote: The funny part about all of this is, is if a noobie made threads of a bunch of stupid trades, they would be considered a "troll." Dude with a bunch of posts on here does it, it gets called "funny."

I think mine were pretty blatant attempts at humor though.  I would say that the problem some have when the term "troll" starts to get thrown around, is that they feel someone is intentionally misleading, is baiting other members, or just trying to get people riled up. 

Now anyone is more than entitled to say that those threads weren't funny, or that they were unnecessary.  I get it.  But I would find hard to believe that anyone thought it was serious or was done to create legitimate frustration.

But, rest assured, I'm done with that joke.  I just thought it was a somewhat fun and stupid way to point out the absurdity in some of the other trade proposals.  More than even mocking I think it shows just how bored I am with the preseason.  Real football can't start soon enough!
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2016, 12:28 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Widening your hallway is a painful project eh? Hilarious

Not me! Tongue

I'm pretty sure the double meaning was intentional.

Fred likes it both ways.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2016, 10:25 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I think mine were pretty blatant attempts at humor though.  I would say that the problem some have when the term "troll" starts to get thrown around, is that they feel someone is intentionally misleading, is baiting other members, or just trying to get people riled up. 

Now anyone is more than entitled to say that those threads weren't funny, or that they were unnecessary.  I get it.  But I would find hard to believe that anyone thought it was serious or was done to create legitimate frustration.

But, rest assured, I'm done with that joke.  I just thought it was a somewhat fun and stupid way to point out the absurdity in some of the other trade proposals.  More than even mocking I think it shows just how bored I am with the preseason.  Real football can't start soon enough!
Lets talk about what would take to get La'el Collins from Dallas who is strong on their OL but their D is piss poor. 
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2016, 10:49 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Lets talk about what would take to get La'el Collins from Dallas who is strong on their OL but their D is piss poor. 

Probably would take a hefty, hefty amount.  A once first round lock, potential top 10 pick, who started a significant amount of games, who has two years remaining an undrafted rookie contract (1 million TOTAL), that's probably not someone they'd want to part with easily.

Just guessing, but I'm thinking, if you really wanted to make a play to get him, it would take something like Dre Kirk and a 3rd.  And, I swear to God I'm not joking, but McCarron would probably be the best bait of all.  They're going to need a QB in there sooner than later. 
Reply/Quote
Your poll is ridiculous.  I don't suffer from micropenis, I embrace it.

(08-21-2016, 12:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: BTW I only suffer from really large penises.

Just relax and stick to it and I'm sure you'll eventually get used to them.  
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2016, 11:43 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Your poll is ridiculous.  I don't suffer from micropenis, I embrace it.

Chick: Who are you going to please with THAT, Nately ?

Nately: ME baby, me...

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2016, 07:21 PM)Gohards Wrote: The funny part about all of this is, is if a noobie made threads of a bunch of stupid trades, they would be considered a "troll." Dude with a bunch of posts on here does it, it gets called "funny."

1. Wes obviously intended his threads to be humorous. They were clearly not serious.

2. Everyone on these boards gets accused of trolling at some point. Some are just way too quick to throw around that term.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2016, 11:54 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: If I reply NO, who am I declaring to have a micropenis, me or you?

One person, one ballot. Voting and/or declaring for someone else would constitute voter fraud.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2016, 12:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: One is funny.  One a day would get really old really fast.

I applied that logic to women: one is funny, but one a day would get old really fast. But, when I tested the theory, I found they are like snowflakes. Women never get old really fast, and are in fact best enjoyed one per day. So, who is to say trade of the day could not be as endlessly fascinating as the mound of venus?

My condolences on your suffering, but I imagine it is easy to find women who empathize. 
Reply/Quote

Nah its not trolling to be stupid... we just consider those posters stupid.
Reply/Quote
Maybe it's just me, but I really could care less about someone elses penis. Whether you're hung like a Clydesdale or Mickey Mouse it doesn't affect me one way or another. A phone call you'll never receive in the middle of the night from me, "Hey! Can I borrow your penis?"
I'll keep whatever my parents conjured up for me on a cold November night in 1958.. It's served me well so far and I'm not about to give up on it now.
If you guys want to trade penises have fun. I'm keeping mine as long as the Mrs doesn't pull an Elana Bobbit on me..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-24-2016, 10:04 AM)grampahol Wrote: Maybe it's just me, but I really could care less about someone elses penis. Whether you're hung like a Clydesdale or Mickey Mouse it doesn't affect me one way or another. A phone call you'll never receive in the middle of the night from me, "Hey! Can I borrow your penis?"
I'll keep whatever my parents conjured up for me on a cold November night in 1958.. It's served me well so far and I'm not about to give up on it now.
If you guys want to trade penises have fun. I'm keeping mine as long as the Mrs doesn't pull an Elana Bobbit on me..
IKR ?

I mean.... I have the world's greatest stunt-penis.
I've thrown him into some hairy situations and he's always come out, on top.
Ninja

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote