Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TDN: Bengals 7-Round Mock Draft.
(02-13-2021, 05:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Cause of his forty time?

I just don't understand this thought anymore and I was for the John Ross pick....

I like Yeboah better personally because he has improved every year in college and is playing his best football right now.With strong hands and a well-seasoned route tree, he does most of his damage over the middle, but has the potential to be much more. His best work has come in the red zone where he can take advantage of box defenders attempting to cover him. Also an acceptable run blocker, he can sustain against single blocks as the end man on the scrimmage as well as a wrap blocker on various type of gap scheme concepts.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2021, 06:26 PM)ochocincos Wrote: From what I've observed on videos, Hunter Long possesses just average speed for a TE.
He has great mitts, size, and finds ways to make catches, but he's more like a security blanket rather than a featured weapon.

That seems to be the exact way that TEs are used in Zac Taylor's offensive game plan.  When you take fit for scheme into consideration, Hunter Long appears to be a perfect prospect for a Bengals TE.

If the TE were a featured component of the Bengals' offense, then I would be all on board with going after a Kyle Pitts styled player.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I like Amari Rodgers, but I'd rather use a 2nd-4th on a speed guy that can take the top off of defense than someone projected as a slot guy. The Bengals have a guy in Boyd that at times looks like the best slot receiver in the league. I'm good with where we are slot-wise. What the Bengals lack is speed at the position.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2021, 11:49 AM)samhain Wrote: I like Amari Rodgers, but I'd rather use a 2nd-4th on a speed guy that can take the top off of defense than someone projected as a slot guy.  The Bengals have a guy in Boyd that at times looks like the best slot receiver in the league.  I'm good with where we are slot-wise.  What the Bengals lack is speed at the position.

I agree about going perimeter receiver over slot type.  Building the OL to where Joe consistently get's 4+ seconds of solid protection, Tyler Boyd could really exploit a lot of mis-matches versus a team's 3rd best CB, likely causing one of the Safeties to have to pull off of one of the outside receivers.

Edit: So given that we like big bodied Tyler Boyd in slot, and big bodied Tee Higgins in the X position, what we really should be targeting at WR is a speedy Z receiver. That kind of opens things up for a lot of mid-round, 2 and 3 tool players. Should be relatively easy role to fill.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2021, 11:21 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That seems to be the exact way that TEs are used in Zac Taylor's offensive game plan.  When you take fit for scheme into consideration, Hunter Long appears to be a perfect prospect for a Bengals TE.

If the TE were a featured component of the Bengals' offense, then I would be all on board with going after a Kyle Pitts styled player.

Bengals don't need to bother drafting a TE who is going to be a security blanket. They have Uzomah and Sample, plus Kroft is hitting FA again. Go get him for cheap if you want a security blanket. Don't waste a "premium" (Day 1/2) pick on a security blanket (again).

I want a more skilled TE because I want that added dimension to the offense. People can talk about how great the passing game was but they were only that good because of how often they passed. They still ended up 27th in yards and TDs while having the 14th most attempts. If the Bengals want to get better in the passing game, they need more elite pass catchers. A guy like Long isn't likely going to give that.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-13-2021, 02:31 PM)Synric Wrote: Fans forget Charley Casserly hand timed everyone at the NFL Combine and it was always very close to the laser timer. If Hunter Long is 6'5 250+ runs a low 4.6 with a 10 yard split of like 1.61 and a 3 cone around 7.0 that is great TE measurables plus he shows up on tape. People are just Kyle Pitts crazy right now.

As for the Mock Draft Jayson Oweh is a big time boom or bust prospect and Rodgers is a slot receiver. Like I mentioned in the OP I would have rather had someone like Dyami Brown in that spot a true Z with production.

I didn't even reference Long's 40 time, I just said he had average speed. I determined that by watching tape on him.
He finds soft spots in coverage, but when you watch him run on the field, he just looks average in speed for TE. From the tape I saw of him, I didn't see much wiggle, YAC, or getting too deep on passes. I did see him make some nice catches though.

Maybe he's just more like a normal TE and I've been watching too much Pitts tape and now want someone more like Pitts. I dunno.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2021, 07:54 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: 4.7 is avg TE  time ,Hunter is in 4.5 range so above avg also is less one dimensional than other TEs, great pic to me

Hunter Long doesn't appear to run anywhere near 4.5's from the tape I've watched.
He may end up in the 4.6's, but he doesn't look fast or agile to me. He does find holes in coverage and is a sure catcher though, which are great things. I just wish he could evade tacklers a little better.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-13-2021, 07:51 PM)pulses Wrote: I like Yeboah better personally because he has improved every year in college and is playing his best football right now.With strong hands and a well-seasoned route tree, he does most of his damage over the middle, but has the potential to be much more. His best work has come in the red zone where he can take advantage of box defenders attempting to cover him. Also an acceptable run blocker, he can sustain against single blocks as the end man on the scrimmage as well as a wrap blocker on various type of gap scheme concepts.

Warming up to Yehoah with what you say of him here. Where is he projected again?

Haven't been studying the WR's after the first 2 or 3.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2021, 04:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Warming up to Yehoah with what you say of him here. Where is he projected again?

Haven't been studying the WR's after the first 2 or 3.

Most I have saw has him projected as a day 3 pick.  6'4 247

2020 Stats: 8 games, 27 catches, 524 yards, 6 TD

I think he'll run in the high 4.5's
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2021, 11:21 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That seems to be the exact way that TEs are used in Zac Taylor's offensive game plan.  When you take fit for scheme into consideration, Hunter Long appears to be a perfect prospect for a Bengals TE.

The Bengals need a TE that has big play flip the field capabilities
A TE that DCs have to worry about as soon.as they wake up on gameday vs the Bengals
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2021, 10:59 AM)impactplaya Wrote: The Bengals need a TE that has big play flip the field capabilities
A TE that DCs have to worry about as soon.as they wake up on gameday vs the Bengals

Yes, you and I, along with legions of other Bengal fans can clearly see that the TE position should be made an aggressive weapon in the Bengals offense.  However, until Zac Taylor wants to transition the TE role in his offense to that of being an aggressively used weapon, it ain't going to matter who he has on the roster.

It's kind of like giving your Grandma a hopped up sports car, only to painfully watch her idle it to church and back on Sundays.   Mellow

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2021, 12:57 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yes, you and I, along with legions of other Bengal fans can clearly see that the TE position should be made an aggressive weapon in the Bengals offense.  However, until Zac Taylor wants to transition the TE role in his offense to that of being an aggressively used weapon, it ain't going to matter who he has on the roster.

It's kind of like giving your Grandma a hopped up sports car, only to painfully watch her idle it to church and back on Sundays.   Mellow

That last bit is a perfect description!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2021, 09:06 PM)pulses Wrote: Most I have saw has him projected as a day 3 pick.  6'4 247

2020 Stats: 8 games, 27 catches, 524 yards, 6 TD

I think he'll run in the high 4.5's

That is a big dude. TE size.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2021, 06:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That is a big dude. TE size.

He is a TE ThumbsUp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjpouNxnjZU
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2021, 07:46 PM)pulses Wrote: He is a TE ThumbsUp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjpouNxnjZU

Cool, thought we were talking about WR's. Those are some nice highlights, Yeboa really tore up Bama man.

After this would love this guy in the 3rd over Long if we don't take Pitts early.

Yeboa looks to also be a willing blocker along with being a playmaker. Big time upgrade over what we have for damn sure.
Reply/Quote