Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trade target?
Who do you see as possible trade targets for Cincy?

I see someone like Clelin Ferrell or Javon Kinslaw as possible targets we could look at. Both were high 1st rounds that have underperformed at their respective teams and may just need a new set of scenery to bring out their talents. This would also free up our draft in not forcing us to use a high pick on a rotation player. Maybe a 4th-5th brings them since they are still on rookie deals.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 12:28 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Who do you see as possible trade targets for Cincy?

I see someone like Clelin Ferrell or Javon Kinslaw as possible targets we could look at. Both were high 1st rounds that have underperformed at their respective teams and may just need a new set of scenery to bring out their talents. This would also free up our draft in not forcing us to use a high pick on a rotation player. Maybe a 4th-5th brings them since they are still on rookie deals.

I hope not Ferrell, he was an major reach when Gruden picked him that high and has shown why he wasn’t mocked to be chosen as high as he did and over the other defensive linemen.
Reply/Quote
Good question. I've heard others saying get a corner like Gilmore on the phone if we pass on a corner in the 1st or 2nd, but the trade market is another option.

If they don't find the right fit at DT or TE then it makes sense to move a 5th for a guy that is further ahead of schedule. We need a rotational guy today, and have to consider that a high pick may not be ready for a team trying to win a ring.

DT has depth to the class but isn't top heavy, that could start a chain where every round you see one among the BPAs but not the BPA. I could see then doing this.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 12:35 PM)804 fan Wrote: I hope not Ferrell, he was an major reach when Gruden picked him that high and has shown why he wasn’t mocked to be chosen as high as he did and over the other defensive linemen.

Fair enough which is why I put "someone like" as in a high pick that has busted but may just be because they don't fit the team they are with, ala BJ Hill for us last year. A player that may succeed with a new set of scenery around them.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 12:54 PM)phil413 Wrote: Good question. I've heard others saying get a corner like Gilmore on the phone if we pass on a corner in the 1st or 2nd, but the trade market is another option.  

If they don't find the right fit at DT or TE then it makes sense to move a 5th for a guy that is further ahead of schedule. We need a rotational guy today, and have to consider that a high pick may not be ready for a team trying to win a ring.  

DT has depth to the class but isn't top heavy, that could start a chain where every round you see one among the BPAs but not the BPA.  I could see then doing this.

Honestly, I love watching Winfrey and think he's absolutely worth 31 but if I can get a comp player for a 4th trade, I take it and get someone like Dax Hill to replace Bates next year.
Reply/Quote
Jeff Okudah - Lions CB
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
As the Stephon Diggs thread has pointer out, the pricetag to keep Joe and Ja'Marr together is getting steeper and steeper. We're gonna need all of our draft capital in a few years. I don't see much sense in targeting just about anybody that I've ever heard of in a trade at the moment... I'd never heard of BJ Hill before last year. So there's that I suppose.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote