Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trade the # 1 pick with Miami?
(12-14-2019, 06:00 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm going to call BS on that.  Burrow was plenty good last year, he showed plenty of greatness, on a team that was taking it's first steps from a smash mouth I-formation offense, into what has developed into something rather prolific this season.

It took Jalen Hurts getting injured, in order for Tua to get his shot.  This year, Tua met the same fate.

Lawrence had that storybook Freshman season, but plenty were questioning weather all of the hype was merited or not, at multiple points this season.
1.) He completed under 60%, Less than 3,000 yards, and less than 20 TDs. Not a good year at all for him especially next to this season.
2.) Tua completed 69%( nice), threw just under 4,000 yards, and had 43 TDs last season. He was great as a starter and even Better this season.
3.) Lawrence had a bad start to the season but he has been on a role since October.
(12-14-2019, 06:12 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Because he’s had hip surgery (which is some scary shit for anyone let alone a football player) before he ever even got to the NFL. Just not worth the risk, imo. Especially with our history of drafting injury cases.
It all depends on medical. Definitely a serious issue.
(12-14-2019, 06:27 PM)Synric Wrote: I hope people know even before Tua Tagovailoa's injury he was having a very pedestrian season in 2019.
He was having a terrific year.
71 %, 33 TDs to 3, and just barely under 3,000 yards. He was well on pace to have a Heisman caliber season before he got hurt.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2019, 12:46 AM)J24 Wrote: 71 %, 33 TDs to 3, and just barely under 3,000 yards. He was well on pace to have a Heisman caliber season before he got hurt.

Stats only tell part of the story.

If you watch Tua Tagovailoa's 2019 season you see that he was thriving off clean pockets and play action. He threw a ton of screens and short passes to his 3 NFL caliber wide receivers behind one of the best lines in college football. His best game in 2019 was against LSU were he was forced to make some big time throws to catch up. 2018 is another story he had a great year compared to alot more pedestrian year in 2019.

You really have no leg to stand on here. Joe Burrow's 2019 season has been head and shoulders above any other college QB in years. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2019, 06:27 PM)Synric Wrote: I hope people know even before Tua Tagovailoa's injury he was having a very pedestrian season in 2019.

Hahahahaha
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2019, 01:32 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Hahahahaha

In 2019 Tua was a point guard...in 2018 he was a shooting guard.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2019, 02:32 AM)Synric Wrote: In 2019 Tua was a point guard...in 2018 he was a shooting guard.

So ur saying he can ball out at 2 different positions. Right on.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2019, 01:01 AM)Synric Wrote: Stats only tell part of the story.

If you watch Tua Tagovailoa's 2019 season you see that he was thriving off clean pockets and play action. He threw a ton of screens and short passes to his 3 NFL caliber wide receivers behind one of the best lines in college football. His best game in 2019 was against LSU were he was forced to make some big time throws to catch up. 2018 is another story he had a great year compared to alot more pedestrian year in 2019.

You really have no leg to stand on here. Joe Burrow's 2019 season has been head and shoulders above any other college QB in years. 

Stats don't tell the story when they go against your point. Give me a break he was having a great year before he got hurt. Not sure why your so mad though considering that Burrow A) won the Heisman and B.) Is the favorite for the #1 pick.
J24

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2019, 01:39 PM)J24 Wrote: Stats don't tell the story when they go against your point. Give me a break he was having a great year before he got hurt. Not sure why your so mad though considering that Burrow A) won the Heisman and B.) Is the favorite for the #1 pick.

Did you know 1/4th of Tua's passes were screens? Did you know he only had 7 big time throws in 2019 compared to his 31 in 2018.

In 2019 Tua Tagovailoa was more of a point guard getting the ball to his play makers. He was having alot more pedestrian year compared to 2018.

If you go by stats Anthony Gordon would be one of the top QBs but he's not.

Reply/Quote
People have a hard time moving on from first impressions, but with that said Joe Burrow's tape this year is better than anything Tua has ever put on film. The problem with these guys is that we anoint them so early like we did with Tua, and Lawrence it seems, is that we don't want to move off our first evaluations because they are sold so hard as the next great QB's. As it's been pointed out Tua's game this year was built on a screen game that we like to knock PAC 12/ Big 12 QB's for relying on. He seemed flustered at times this year when he did face pressure and that was something I thought he did better with in previous years.

Does that mean he's a bad prospect? No, he still a good prospect. What that does tell me is he isn't the slam dunk everyone thought he was and the durability concerns are going to make people want to check that tape a little harder heading into the draft. In terms of the ascension of Burrow, it's easily explainable, LSU went from a 1980's offense to a modern offense. It wasn't gimmick based thought as it used NFL route concepts he will be throwing every week next year. All moonshot ascensions aren't created equal and this is one people should be buyers on.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2019, 02:07 PM)Synric Wrote: Did you know 1/4th of Tua's passes were screens? Did you know he only had 7 big time throws in 2019 compared to his 31 in 2018.

In 2019 Tua Tagovailoa was more of a point guard getting the ball to his play makers. He was having alot more pedestrian year compared to 2018.

If you go by stats Anthony Gordon would be one of the top QBs but he's not.
Who cares he still was having a great season.
J24

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2019, 07:12 PM)J24 Wrote: He doesn't have a big arm though (although not bad).
Not sure Burrow is the guy everyone wants him to be or were just falling for him because we're so desperate for a QB.

Yeah, guess he doesn't have a cannon like Josh Allen...

But the dude is the most accurate QB ever in a college season, opposite of a guy like Allen.

And I like Allen, but Burrow is the best QB to come out in a long time, not desperation, finally some good timing.

Keep the #1 pick and take Burrow is my vote.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2019, 03:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, guess he doesn't have a cannon like Josh Allen...

But the dude is the most accurate QB ever in a college season, opposite of a guy like Allen.

And I like Allen, but Burrow is the best QB to come out in a long time, not desperation, finally some good timing.

Keep the #1 pick and take Burrow is my vote.
No doubt that Burrow is good but he just isn't an all time prospect like everyone wants him to be.
He is better than Allen × 100 though.
J24

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2019, 05:04 PM)J24 Wrote: No doubt that Burrow is good but he just isn't an all time prospect like everyone wants him to be.
He is better than Allen × 100 though.

With Burrow's accuracy and his size with his smarts and pocket awareness I am not betting against him.

We need a QB that plays good in the big games and has the fire to be great. I think Burrow can be that guy for us.

Again, it is good timing to have a QB like this available to us at this time, not desperation at all.
Reply/Quote
I want to do this just to have picks that were originally the Steelers that we then proceed to take incredible talent with.

Reply/Quote