Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Trade the pick
(03-17-2020, 04:57 PM)Bengalsrob Wrote: I see the bars closed and everyone came here to complain. Bengals making progress, I can't remember them talking to a decent player this early in the process before. We miss out on one player this early, so we should fold our tents, seriously?

1 player? We missed out on all the upgrades on Oline and LB. Our two main problem areas.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 04:57 PM)Bengalsrob Wrote: I see the bars closed and everyone came here to complain. Bengals making progress, I can't remember them talking to a decent player this early in the process before. We miss out on one player this early, so we should fold our tents, seriously?

I agree the meltdown is a bit much, but what progress are we making?
Reply/Quote

They’ve missed out on every player available that could’ve helped us..
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 04:58 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I agree the meltdown is a bit much, but what progress are we making?
In light of 2-14 and a half empty stadium and maybe trying to give your next QB even the slight impression that you're working hard and , God forbid, giving your second year coach some tools in the toolbox, it doesn't take a genius to know that aggression might be the way to go.  Perception matters.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I can't get mad at the meltdown. So far this FA period looks way too familiar. Maybe if Mikey B. had not spent the last 30 years earning the reputation that he has it might be a little easier to get quality FA in the building now.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 05:05 PM)McC Wrote: In light of 2-14 and a half empty stadium and maybe trying to give your next QB even the slight impression that you're working hard and , God forbid, giving your second year coach some tools in the toolbox, it doesn't take a genius to know that aggression might be the way to go.  Perception matters.

Burrow said he'd play here, so he's stuck now. MWA HA HA!!!
Reply/Quote

I am usually not pessimistic but to not get a decent Guard nor a decent LB in FA is pathetic after last season and us having the 
#1 overall pick and not trying to assure said pick we are trying. This could really backfire on the entire Franchise more than the 
typical lack of FA we have seen over the years. Hope we get somebody decent but the best guys are already gone.
Reply/Quote
we just made DJ Reader the highest paid nose tackle in the league...so much for cheap

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 05:41 PM)pally Wrote: we just made DJ Reader the highest paid nose tackle in the league...so much for cheap

This signing changed my mind, I am good now, get a decent LB and draft Burrow and improve the OL and we are heading in 
the right direction on both Offense and Defense. We haven't had a signing like this in forever, guess I wasn't an idiot after all 
thinking this would be a different FA for us this year. 
Reply/Quote
Well, it was fun going ape for a while there.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 06:28 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Well, it was fun going ape for a while there.

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Reader is a good step in the right direction. Game is won in the trenches.
Reply/Quote
Crow for everyone! Carryout only, no eat-in dining for at least a couple of weeks. Looks like they may have put some planning into free-agency after all.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 04:32 PM)Bengals731 Wrote: The Bengals should trade the #1 pick. Burrow should just tell them now he’s not coming to Cincy. We should all flood his page with tweets warning him of this entire franchise. Poor kid has no chance here , They should trade the pick to Miami/Carolina or just take Young
Does Burrow have something against Reader and Trae Wayne? Why would we warn him? Or is this an overreaction after a day and a half of free agency? 
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 05:01 PM)Bengals731 Wrote: They’ve missed out on every player available that could’ve helped us..

Maybe we brought Reader in as a backup i guess. 
Reply/Quote
Don't have twitter. What's going on with Joe Burrow???

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 04:54 PM)Wyche Wrote: Hell....I don't hate him for that. I didn't blame him then, and still don't. **** Son of Paul.

I do. Palmer should keep his mouth shut. 
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 07:07 PM)WhoDey Wrote: I do. Palmer should keep his mouth shut. 
What did Palmer or Burrow say?? I'm outta the loop...

The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
Disregard this post , I was pissed off and just venting being an ass hat.. I will eat crow and give this FO credit for making some good moves.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 07:26 PM)JSR18 Wrote: What did Palmer or Burrow say?? I'm outta the loop...

Palmer said that the Bengals aren't committed to winning weeks ago trying to get Burrow to pull an Eli evidently.

Burrow has said nothing to even hint at pulling an Eli and with us today getting DJ Reader and Trae Waynes would make this 
even more the case. Great signings, especially Reader who is a beast. Will miss Billings though, thought he could grow into a 
DJ Reader.
Reply/Quote