Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Trade up Simulation
I continued to watch the board selection after selection. Watching him fall further and further down the boards. Selection by selection watching him get one spot closer to the Bengals after each pick. However, as I am watching I know that the Giants and Cowboys are both there in front of the Bengals and knowing that he will not make it past both of them.

The Bengals offer a trade with the Giants trading them 1-28 and 5-163 for the 25th overall selection. The Giants accept this trade.

And with the 25th selection in the 2023 NFL Draft the Cincinnati Bengals select...
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
1-28: Bijan Robinson - RB - 5'11" 215

What really needs to be said. While I am not a fan of 1st round running backs when you are talking a top 10 talent at the bottom third of the first how do you logically pass? Robinson has no real weakness in his game and can do everything that you want a back to do on all 4 downs and do it at an extremely high clip. Works outside and between the tackles with equal efficiency and success and has the hands of a wide receiver in the passing game. Robinson is certainly not a liability as a pass blocker and will certainly allow the Bengals to make Joe Mixon a June 1st cut.

2-60: Joe Tippmann - C/G - 6'6" 313

I have heard Tippmann referred to as the most versatile lineman in the '23 draft and some state that they feel he could realistically play all five positions on the line. Fans have watched the Bengals suffer through poor interior line play as well as subpar depth. Tippmann gives instant upgrade to the interior line depth or a realistic starter at either center allowing Karras to slide to LG or a starter at LG himself. Tippmann compares closely to Humphrey in KC and as physically gifted as he is his greatest trait may be his football IQ. Championship teams win in the trenches.

3-92: Tucker Kraft - TE - 6'5" 254

Kraft is just really well rounded TE that brings tremendous upside to the position. I think his game compares in respect to that of Mayer while certainly not being as polished at this point. Where I think Kraft could surpass Mayer is his abilities after the catch. Kraft always looks for those extra yards and has the athletic ability to get them. He stated in an interview that he is angry if he allows himself to be brought down by a single defender. Kraft is a really good off the ball blocker and has steadily improved as an inline blocker and there is no reason he should not continue to improve in this area as he grows and improves his technique.

4-131: Cory Trice Jr. - CB - 6'3" 206

Maybe the best corner that people are not talking about. Trice brings outstanding size and speed to the position and his strengths lie in press and zone coverage which make him an ideal fit for the scheme of Anarumo. Attacks the run game like a safety and has displayed really good ball skills. Trice should be a great addition to the CB room and should really benefit from working with a DB guy like Lou.

6-206: Jalen Redmond - DT - 6'2" 291

Redmond is a high motor guy that can really disrupt a backfield. I feel like his strengths project to being a pretty productive three technique at the NFL level. Redmond has some explosiveness in his game and plays with natural power. Should serve notice to our existing three techniques to step up their game if they want on the field.

7-246: Jay Ward - S - 6'1" 188

An extremely versatile DB that can play the slot, nickel or safety. Outstanding ball skills and plays much more violent than his slight frame may lead you to believe. He was a leader on the field for the Tigers defense and extremely respected by teammates as well as the coaching staff. Could begin as a core special teams standout for the Bengals with the potential to be a very effective starter.
Reply/Quote