Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trade up for Sewell
No, no no no noooooo!!!
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2021, 12:00 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Lots of talk about "trade back" if Sewell is gone. If/when Lawrence and Wilson go 1-2 the biggest prize is PS. To ensure we get him we'd have to give up our 1st and 2nd. We could probably also get Miami to throw in a 4-5.

Would yo do it?

Nope we need every pick we can get at the rate we are hitting on picks.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2021, 02:24 AM)bfine32 Wrote: If we were a tackle and 1 or 2 players away we wouldn't have the chance to draft a generational talent. 

How can we call a guy with Zero nfl snaps a generational talent?

i see that term every year (maybe not at the same position but)...  Generations last about 20 years.

Its a good way to over hype something... Then if he isnt the Best tackle in the NFL it will be a disappointment.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2021, 06:21 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: How can we call a guy with Zero nfl snaps a generational talent?

i see that term every year (maybe not at the same position but)...  Generations last about 20 years.

Its a good way to over hype something... Then if he isnt the Best tackle in the NFL it will be a disappointment.

No doubt. Seems like only last year folks were calling Chase Young a generational talent
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I dont think im completely sold on Penei
Reply/Quote
As much as I want the Bengals to draft Penei Sewell at #5, I wouldn't want to see them trade away other, much needed draft capital in order to land him. This team is not "one or two" players away from being fantastic, in fact, they need upgrades with at least a half dozen fundamental positions to be in a position to jump up for that "one guy", and that is before you go into luxury weapons, return aces, etc.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2021, 08:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No doubt. Seems like only last year folks were calling Chase Young a generational talent

Tbf he has lived up to the hype so far.

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2021, 10:56 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Tbf he has lived up to the hype so far.

Kinda my point. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I heard Daniel Jeremiah talking the other day, and he said when he asked GM's who weren't in the top 10 if they had a top 5 pick what non-QB would you want no matter your current roster make-up...they all said Kyle Pitts. That said, no you don't go up chasing Sewell as the difference between him and other tackles I really don't think is as big as what some like to say. I saw one GM who said he is pretty immature and needs a veteran to take him under his wing and teach him how to be a pro. Not saying that is a massive red flag or anything, just that he isn't this perfect prospect as it's been framed by some.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2021, 09:23 AM)Au165 Wrote: I heard Daniel Jeremiah talking the other day, and he said when he asked GM's who weren't in the top 10 if they had a top 5 pick what non-QB would you want no matter your current roster make-up...they all said Kyle Pitts. That said, no you don't go up chasing Sewell as the difference between him and other tackles I really don't think is as big as what some like to say. I saw one GM who said he is pretty immature and needs a veteran to take him under his wing and teach him how to be a pro. Not saying that is a massive red flag or anything, just that he isn't this perfect prospect as it's been framed by some.

But according to Essex, Pitts would be a wasted pick for us....
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2021, 03:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: But according to Essex, Pitts would be a wasted pick for us....

Yep unless he learned how to play Oline .. Yawn
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2021, 08:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No doubt. Seems like only last year folks were calling Chase Young a generational talent

and Burrow....  
Reply/Quote
Absolutely not! If anything the best thing to do this year with the needs that this franchise has is to methodically trade down and acquire second and third round selections. They need to make a couple/three trades down a few spots at a time to end up in the 14 - 20 range and acquire a few day two selections in the process. This is a good year to need quality O linemen.
Reply/Quote
As much as I want Sewell we can't trade away that much of draft investment.
Reply/Quote
No
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2021, 04:07 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Yep unless he learned how to play Oline .. Yawn

To be clear, you are saying this even if we went all out in FA on O-line and Sewell isn't there?

You still wouldn't like the Pitts pick?
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2021, 04:41 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: and Burrow....  

I don't think anyone (or rather most, there can always be 1 or 2 out there) called Burrow a generational talent because everyone knew Lawrence was going to be in the 2021 draft and he's considered the generational talent at QB. I think Burrow's arm strength kept him from that title.

They do tend to throw the "generational" bit around a bit too often, though.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
This poll is neck-and-neck. Ninja
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2021, 12:18 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I don't think anyone (or rather most, there can always be 1 or 2 out there) called Burrow a generational talent because everyone knew Lawrence was going to be in the 2021 draft and he's considered the generational talent at QB. I think Burrow's arm strength kept him from that title.

They do tend to throw the "generational" bit around a bit too often, though.

Even without Lawrence I wouldn’t have labeled Burrow as a generational talent. He was the best QB prospect since Luck, sure, but not generational. And I agree that term gets tossed around too much.

I actually think this draft has 3 though. Lawrence, Sewell, and Pitts. And we could very well have a shot at 2 of them. Which is obviously exciting.

Reply/Quote
(03-05-2021, 07:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: To be clear, you are saying this even if we went all out in FA on O-line and Sewell isn't there?

You still wouldn't like the Pitts pick?

Correct. He wants a bunch of Ts in FA and a bunch of Ts in the draft.

38 tackles, i believe, is the last count. Mellow

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote