Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trade up in Draft?
Do you think the Bengals should trade up and pick up an elite talent?

I say we trade our 1st, 2nd and 3rd for a top 10 pick and see if we can pickup a CB/LB/DT

Such as Vernon Hargeaves, Jalen Ramsey, Myles Jack, Jaylon Smith, A'shrt awn Robinson, Robert Nnkemidiche.

Since we don't have as many needs, I say we do this and pickup an elite talent in top 10, than pickup a center in 4th or something like that.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Ramsey or Jack are the only ones worth trading up for.
Smith is hurt, you don't have to trade up for him.
Robinson isn't so much better than others you can get at 24.
And Nkemdiche is a basket case right now. Another one you can get at 24.

If we want to move up for Ramsey or Jack, I'd support it. Special players.
Reply/Quote
We don't have many needs at starter, but we need depth in most spots, so I wouldn't be a fan.

With our 2-4, we can get some down the road starters or get some better rotations going on. Or — what we really need — have some guys who might need to come in for a few games next season.

Nkemdiche, Jaylon Smith, Elliott, Darron Lee, Kenny Clark, Su'a Cravens, Jarran Reed, Derrick Henry, Calhoun. There's a lot of DL and LB talent late in the first — and possible even with our second round pick in the case of Smith — that would give us some nice depth for another season or two, and maybe even starters in a couple years.

I say this fully realizing we'll not pick anyone for the DL or LB and we'll probably be going CB or WR... which is when I'll throw a remote. Again.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 02:10 PM)Benton Wrote: We don't have many needs at starter, but we need depth in most spots, so I wouldn't be a fan.

With our 2-4, we can get some down the road starters or get some better rotations going on. Or — what we really need — have some guys who might need to come in for a few games next season.

Nkemdiche, Jaylon Smith, Elliott, Darron Lee, Kenny Clark, Su'a Cravens, Jarran Reed, Derrick Henry, Calhoun. There's a lot of DL and LB talent late in the first — and possible even with our second round pick in the case of Smith — that would give us some nice depth for another season or two, and maybe even starters in a couple years.

I say this fully realizing we'll not pick anyone for the DL or LB and we'll probably be going CB or WR... which is when I'll throw a remote. Again.

I'm with you.  I'd really like to see a pass rusher taken in the first this year.  The big guys up front won't be in their prime forever.
Reply/Quote
It depends on what are needs are. If we resign Iloka and Marvin Jones I would listen to the possiblty of it.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
If bosa somehow falls past pick 6 or so id be all for moving up for him even though it's not a big need. That's very unlikely obviously. Hargreaves could fall a little ways, and I was very impressed with him the 3-4 Florida games I watched this year. Smith is hurt so he may fall into the teens, but doubt he falls to 24 so I'd be all for moving up a few spots for him. Same for miles jack. Nkemdichi has issued and may well be available at 24, not sure id even take him at that point.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals won't trade up. No matter how things are falling. They're all about "letting the board come to them."
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 04:23 PM)J24 Wrote: It depends on what are needs are. If we resign Iloka and Marvin Jones I would listen to the possiblty of it.

We don't know what all of our needs are at this point. A lot depends on how successful we are at keeping who we want/need.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 05:14 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: We don't know what all of our needs are at this point. A lot depends on how successful we are at keeping who we want/need.
That's what I said.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 01:53 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Do you think the Bengals should trade up and pick up an elite talent?

I say we trade our 1st, 2nd and 3rd for a top 10 pick and see if we can pickup a CB/LB/DT

Such as Vernon Hargeaves, Jalen Ramsey, Myles Jack, Jaylon Smith, A'shrt awn Robinson, Robert Nnkemidiche.

Since we don't have as many needs, I say we do this and pickup an elite talent in top 10, than pickup a center in 4th or something like that.

Not a fan. The Bengals should get quality future starters with those first 3 picks.

Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 01:53 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Do you think the Bengals should trade up and pick up an elite talent?

Our draft will be dictated by our FA's.. If we losing a decent amount of players, we are going to need our draft picks to replace those FA losses, besides that way too much cost to move into top ten.. we are better served doing what we have been doing.. finding solid picks in our draft and developing our players 
Reply/Quote
Yeah im not in for this either. Trading up imo only looks good in hindsight or if its just for a cant miss prospect.

The one thing the Bengals have been REAL good at in the past few years is drafting. We've been a league leader at it and it's been a major part in propelling us to the playoffs for 6 of 7 seasons. Marv and the guys are doing a pretty good job on that front, lets not wreck that.
Reply/Quote
I'd have to be convinced that there is a can't miss stud within reach before I would trade up. The cost is way too high.

However, we can trade compensatory picks this year, so I would be in favor of moving up in the draft since we will have those to move around.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 03:21 PM)samhain Wrote: I'm with you.  I'd really like to see a pass rusher taken in the first this year.  The big guys up front won't be in their prime forever.
I think we're set with our ends being solid in a rotation and Geno getting a pass rush from the 3-technigue, but I would love to see us draft Peko's replacement with a guy that's not only better against the run but also can get a pass rush, which is normally unusual from a 4-3 nose, so our pass rush would be unreal.  

Washington out of Ohio State would be cool to keep him in the Buckeye State and I think he could produce, and he should be available at 24.
(01-19-2016, 10:55 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I'd have to be convinced that there is a can't miss stud within reach before I would trade up.  The cost is way too high.

However, we can trade compensatory picks this year, so I would be in favor of moving up in the draft since we will have those to move around.

Can't trade compensatory picks.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 11:17 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Can't trade compensatory picks.

Yeah, I think it will be allowed in 2017.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 11:19 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Yeah, I think it will be allowed in 2017.

Yep last I heard that doesn't kick in until 2017. 

Also should we be getting any comp picks this year?
Reply/Quote
The Bengals, Tobin and Marvin have done a great job in the Draft. BPA and stay put, seems to be working.

Hope they stick with the plan.

It's crazy watching some of these teams change directions constantly (like we used to).

I think we are in good hands.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 11:23 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Yep last I heard that doesn't kick in until 2017. 

Also should we be getting any comp picks this year?

Besides the 2 3rd rounders, for the bad officiating in the playoff game? Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 11:28 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Besides the 2 3rd rounders, for the bad officiating in the playoff game? Ninja

Don't be foolish, everyone knows those go to the steelers.
Reply/Quote
Uh, no....
Reply/Quote