Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trade up in Draft?
(01-28-2016, 04:42 PM)CincyWestside Wrote: I am not sure how reliable it is, but I saw a reply from the Cardinals insider today on Twitter.

A fan asked him if the Cardinals will try to trade up in the draft, and his response was that the Bengals would not trade with them.

I wonder if this means we are simply staying pat, or if we do plan to move up.

Edit: His name is Mike Jurecki

That was the previous draft. The Cardinals wanted to get in front of Pittsburgh to take Dupree.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2016, 02:45 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Given that his mediocre at best performances were supposed to be enough to usurp the starters role....this shouldn't surprise you lol

McCarron led team almost beat the Broncos in Denver. They are in the super bowl.
Macaron led team beat the steelers if not for a hill fumble and a defense melt down.

How many teams would want a nfl tested qb that can win?  I'd think that there is a market.

How about the bengals trade dalton for the Browns 2nd overall pick (bosa) and a 3rd then sign Von Miller and Alex Mack with the $15 million saved on daltons and peko ($3.7) contract.

Use ALL the available salary cap space ($30) to sign Marvin jones (7), Pacman (5), Nelson (5), Iloka (5), vinnie Rey (2.5), Winston (1), Gilberry (2.5), Thompson (2.5), peerman (3)

Extending Ziegler and dre Kirk to free up cap. Cutting Marcus hunt.

2nd overall - bosa
24th - Kenny Clark dt
2nd - wr
3a - wr
3b - Mike
4-NT
5- OG
6-cb
7-OT
Sign Von Miller and Alex Mack with daltons contract and then sign a vet qb.

Then extend mccarron with the salary cap space that grows as the cap continues to rise over the next upcoming years.

It won't happen but,  
Offense
Mccarron/vet
Hill/gio/bulkhead/peerman
Whit/ogbuehi, boling/rookie, Mack/bodine, zeitler, fisher/Winston
Green/wright, jones/rookie, Alford/rookie
Effect/Kroft/uzamah/Hewitt

Defense
Dunlap/Clarke, Atkins/Hardison, Thompson/Kenny Clark, MJ90/bosa/Gilberry
Von Miller/vinnie Rey, maualuga/rookie, burfict/Dawson
Dre Kirk/shaw, Dennard/Lewos-Harris, pacman/rookie
Nelson/derron smith, Iloka/Williams
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2016, 12:05 AM)Bengalfan11164 Wrote: McCarron led team almost beat the Broncos in Denver. They are in the super bowl.
Macaron led team beat the steelers if not for a hill fumble and a defense melt down.

How many teams would want a nfl tested qb that can win?  I'd think that there is a market.

How about the bengals trade dalton for the Browns 2nd overall pick (bosa) and a 3rd then sign Von Miller and Alex Mack with the $15 million saved on daltons and peko ($3.7) contract.

Use ALL the available salary cap space ($30) to sign Marvin jones (7), Pacman (5), Nelson (5), Iloka (5), vinnie Rey (2.5), Winston (1), Gilberry (2.5), Thompson (2.5), peerman (3)

2nd overall - bosa
24th - Kenny Clark dt
2nd - wr
3a - wr
3b - Mike
4-NT
5- OG
6-cb
7-OT

Then extend mccarron with the salary cap space that grows as the cap continues to rise over the next upcoming years.

It won't happen but,  
Offense
Mccarron/vet

Defense

Oh dear god. They're multiplying 
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2016, 12:05 AM)Bengalfan11164 Wrote: McCarron led team almost beat the Broncos in Denver. They are in the super bowl.

2nd overall - bosa
24th - Kenny Clark dt
2nd - wr
3a - wr
3b - Mike
4-NT
5- OG
6-cb
7-OT

It won't happen but,  
Offense
Mccarron/vet

Defense

Jim Irsay would approve of this. Let's not go the route of the Colts.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

2nd overall - bosa
24th - Kenny Clark dt
2nd - wr
3a - wr
3b - Mike
4-NT
5- OG
6-cb
7-OT

It won't happen but,  
Offense
Mccarron/vet

Defense

LOL. Yep, go ahead .. Trade the guy who just had his best season and was a candidate for MVP if he wasn't injured..

Dalton has gotten better, why trade a top 10 QB (IMO) for someone who is not really proven yet.. What I did notice about McCarron was that he was inconsistent, the offense would disappear and just appear out of nowhere... Dalton was at least much more consistent, scoring in first half / other 3rd quarters.

(01-29-2016, 01:19 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Oh dear god. They're multiplying 

I LOLed at this.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote

2nd overall - bosa
24th - Kenny Clark dt
2nd - wr
3a - wr
3b - Mike
4-NT
5- OG
6-cb
7-OT

It won't happen but,  
Offense
Mccarron/vet

Defense

[Image: tumblr_lr1lat1Fi11qa9vqgo1_250.gif]
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2016, 11:27 AM)Benton Wrote: Jim Irsay would approve of this. Let's not go the route of the Colts.

The colts signed old free agents.

This seems more like the Broncos transitioning from previous qb (tebow) to next qb (manning) while picking up a pass rusher along the way (Demarcus ware). The Broncos acquired Peyton and drafted Brock both in 2012.

I am not adding Tj ward like the Broncos did from Cleveland.
Nor adding taquib alibi like the Broncos did from the patriots.
Nor Owen Daniels from the Ravens.
Or Antonio smith from the raiders.

Hmmm, that's a lot of free agency activity. I guess the Broncos must have their "core" locked down. Except they don't. Manning will probably retire and Brock is a free agent.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2016, 11:44 AM)milksheikh Wrote: LOL. Yep, go ahead .. Trade the guy who just had his best season and was a candidate for MVP if he wasn't injured..

Dalton has gotten better, why trade a top 10 QB (IMO) for someone who is not really proven yet.. What I did notice about McCarron was that he was inconsistent, the offense would disappear and just appear out of nowhere... Dalton was at least much more consistent, scoring in first half / other 3rd quarters.

I LOLed at this.

It was a hypothetical.

But, why?  The reason is what I detailed. The bengals could create a sustainable dominant defense extending their core, adding a legit pass rusher (Von Miller) who with burfict would transition the weakness of the defense into one of its strengths.  On offense, adding Alex Mack would both eliminate the pass rush up the middle (bodine on ice skates) and create running lanes for both gio and hill because Mack can actually run block without the assistance of another linemen. With Bette roads protection and better production from the running game, mccarron has his crutch to continually develop while allowing the qb that displayed his abilities to play in the highest pressure situations (at Denver, in playoffs, etc) to grow.  

It is the same principle as "surrounding Andy with talent". Only we have more money to surround mccarron with much better talent on defense, at center, and to retain Marvin jones on offense.

As the bengals cliche, there was a reason mccarron was drafted by the bengals.

Right?
Reply/Quote

2nd overall - bosa
24th - Kenny Clark dt
2nd - wr
3a - wr
3b - Mike
4-NT
5- OG
6-cb
7-OT

It won't happen but,  
Offense
Mccarron/vet

Defense

[Image: GIF-incredulous-my-god-oh-my-god-OMG-sho...TF-GIF.gif]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

2nd overall - bosa
24th - Kenny Clark dt
2nd - wr
3a - wr
3b - Mike
4-NT
5- OG
6-cb
7-OT

It won't happen but,  
Offense
Mccarron/vet

Defense

How many tries did it take you to make this happen in Madden?
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm not a fan of trading up for players. It would have to be a top 5 talent falling to around 15 for me to want to trade up. But then again, too many variables. Some teams don't need that talent so the player could continue to slide. Hard to accurately say. But, overall, I am not a fan of trading up.
Reply/Quote
Remember when we traded up to get Russell Bodine?

It had been 12 years of not trading up between then and the time before it.... I don't think we will be trading up anytime soon.
Reply/Quote

2nd overall - bosa
24th - Kenny Clark dt
2nd - wr
3a - wr
3b - Mike
4-NT
5- OG
6-cb
7-OT

It won't happen but,  
Offense
Mccarron/vet

Defense

And we also move the franchise to Vegas right?
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 05:10 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: The Bengals won't trade up. No matter how things are falling. They're all about "letting the board come to them."

Yeah, this is what i feel about this thread, not happening.
Reply/Quote

2nd overall - bosa
24th - Kenny Clark dt
2nd - wr
3a - wr
3b - Mike
4-NT
5- OG
6-cb
7-OT

It won't happen but,  
Offense
Mccarron/vet

Defense
This post deserves a ban.

LOL trade Dalton inside the division???   Good lord.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2016, 05:59 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: How many tries did it take you to make this happen in Madden?

I don't think it could even be done then.

Why not trade for Tom Brady and Luke Kuechley while we are at it.
Reply/Quote
It would have to be either a killer Center or a primo LB to get me to move up. The thing is we actually need two LBs so again moving up is problematic.
Reply/Quote

How about the bengals trade dalton for the Browns 2nd overall pick (bosa) and a 3rd

[Image: hans-gruber-death-o1.gif]

^^^^^^
That'd be the Bengals, falling to the bottom of the division.

GTFOutta here... trading Dalton to the Browns and rolling with McCarron. Pft.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2016, 11:00 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: [Image: hans-gruber-death-o1.gif]

^^^^^^
That'd be the Bengals, falling to the bottom of the division.

GTFOutta here... trading Dalton to the Browns and rolling with McCarron. Pft.

It is a hypothetical.

Hypothetically, Trading dalton would enable the bengals to sign Von Miller (establishing dominant defense) and sign Alex Mack (dominant oline and much improved running offense and pass protection).

The Texans made the playoffs without a dominant qb.
The jets were on the verge.
Heck, the Broncos made the Super Bowl with a gimpy old guy and an unproven
Seattle?
Vikings?

Dominant defense, solid running game, and a qb with potential.

This formula is well established and well proven.

Again, it's hypothetical and at least interesting to discuss. If you didn't know, after being eliminated in the fifth consecutive 1st round game, Bengal fans have a lot of time to discuss hypotheticals now.

Up until free agency begins and we see if we can retain all the talent that helped us to get where we are now (Marvin jones, Iloka, Nelson, pacman, Thompson, vinnie Rey, etc).
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2016, 05:59 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: How many tries did it take you to make this happen in Madden?

Didn't use madden.

Used spotrac to get Von millers current salary. Figured with Peyton retiring and the short term structure of the Broncos team configuration that Von Miller may want to go somewhere else.

Alex Mack has an opt out clause in his contract. Figured he doesn't want to stay especially since he signed the Jaguars offer a few years back which included an opt out. Mack may want to win.

Did you get the snappy comeback reading others' comments while you played madden? Outside of the memes, your comment really moved the discussion forward the most. Rep to you!
Reply/Quote