Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trade up in Draft?
There is a cost to trade up an grab an 'elite' player. The only one i would consider is Jalen Ramsey.
However the cost is a lot..probably a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, to move into the top ten pick territory.

That means we would have a player like Ramsey, and then a 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th. Obviously. if we don't sign our own free agents, we can't do this probably. In short, imo we have to get our own players signed before we can even consider such an option.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2016, 01:26 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Pretty sure we wont be getting any comp picks this year. We will need all the picks we can get our hands on. With so many of our old coaches spread across the league we will have more competition than usual to keep our own.

If anything this is a trade down year. If we end up with 3-4 picks and lose a bunch of our free agents we could have some really weak spots

Looks like I was wrong. Hobson thinks we will get a comp pick for losing Marshall Newhouse.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2016, 03:59 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Looks like I was wrong. Hobson thinks we will get a comp pick for losing Marshall Newhouse.

Thank you, Giants. I can't believe we have a shot at getting a comp pick for that guy.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2016, 05:20 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Thank you, Giants. I can't believe we have a shot at getting a come pick for that guy.

Lol right. Too lazy to go look. Think he said maybe a 5th or 6th. Ill take that all day.
Reply/Quote
They'll get a 7th for Newhouse.

Still a good deal considering we would be happy with a box of kicking tees as compensation for him.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2016, 01:49 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Lol right. Too lazy to go look. Think he said maybe a 5th or 6th. Ill take that all day.

I still can't believe someone signed him.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2016, 05:15 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I still can't believe someone signed him.

I can't believe he started
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2016, 02:57 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I can't believe he started

I can't believe Eli Manning is still alive.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2016, 03:59 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Looks like I was wrong. Hobson thinks we will get a comp pick for losing Marshall Newhouse.

That's amazing.   The fact we are getting anything for that bum is comical. Just like Anthony Collins. Maybe Alexander isn't that bad of an OL coach haha He gets bums ready to give us comp picks
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2016, 12:15 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: I can't believe Eli Manning is still alive.

I can't believe I ate the whole thing!
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 03:21 PM)samhain Wrote: I'm with you.  I'd really like to see a pass rusher taken in the first this year.  The big guys up front won't be in their prime forever.

I could see them sliding and drafting a WR in Round 1, but a scenario I would love to see play out is an elite talent like Bosa slides for some reason to around #8 and the Bengals make a move.  It would take a lot to move up from #24, but a pass-rushing RDE is the one thing our line really lacks.  

They have guys like Hardison that will get a shot this year, and they will likely get another DT in the middle rounds, but I think a true nightmare on the right side would create real problems for opposing offenses.

I'm not bringing up Bosa as an OSU homer, but a guy that is a perfect fit for this 4-3 defense that has speed we lack at the RDE spot.  
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 05:10 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: The Bengals won't trade up. No matter how things are falling. They're all about "letting the board come to them."

This is more than likely the truth, but if the Bengals realize that this is their prime time for a shot at a title, maybe they change their "stripes" just a bit.  

If there is an elite pass-rushing DE available in the middle of the first round that they covet, who knows?
Reply/Quote
Utter happiness will overcome me if they pull a Julio Jones like deal for Myles.

I may make a mock of that.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2016, 12:12 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Utter happiness will overcome me if they pull a Julio Jones like deal for Myles.

I may make a mock of that.

Love to know what it would take for someone to give him up.  

His tape is the best - by far - of any of the linebackers.   The guy does it all with intelligence and suddenness.  Only guy in the draft worth trading up for, and I'm not normally into trading up.   But I'd make an exception for him.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2016, 10:35 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This is more than likely the truth, but if the Bengals realize that this is their prime time for a shot at a title, maybe they change their "stripes" just a bit.  

If there is an elite pass-rushing DE available in the middle of the first round that they covet, who knows?

The Bengals seem to keep themselves in the "the window is always open" mode so they don't have to make major trade ups. I mean, we've traded up 3 times. Those trades gave us Ki-Jana, Matt Schobel, and Russell Bodine. It just seems like the Bengals are all about sitting at their spot and waiting for someone to drop to them.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2016, 10:35 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This is more than likely the truth, but if the Bengals realize that this is their prime time for a shot at a title, maybe they change their "stripes" just a bit.  

Even first round picks flop.  That is the point so many people refuse to acknowledge.
Reply/Quote
I doubt we will trade up.

It's usually not worth it anyways, I'd rather take the extra draft picks. Not worth giving up a 2nd, 3rd round pick, just to move up in the 1st.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2016, 09:17 PM)magikod Wrote: I doubt we will trade up.

It's usually not worth it anyways, I'd rather take the extra draft picks. Not worth giving up a 2nd, 3rd round pick, just to move up in the 1st.

Depends on who you take. 
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2016, 05:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Even first round picks flop.  That is the point so many people refuse to acknowledge.

And even teams like the Bengals can trade up in the first round for a player they truly covet...so many people refuse to acknowledge this.

Again, it has to be a real difference maker like Bosa, and it would have to be a heck of a value.  Something would have to cause him to slip to somewhere past #8...and that is very unlikely.  That is what makes this type of discussion fun, though.
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2016, 08:19 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: And even teams like the Bengals can trade up in the first round for a player they truly covet...so many people refuse to acknowledge this.

Again, it has to be a real difference maker like Bosa, and it would have to be a heck of a value.  Something would have to cause him to slip to somewhere past #8...and that is very unlikely.  That is what makes this type of discussion fun, though.

Again you are missing the point.   There is no sure thing in the draft.  Even if you trade up into the top 5 you could get a bust.  Bosa could flop in the NFL,
Reply/Quote