Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trade value for AD?
After seeing Dalton's interview after he was benched, it's clear to me he wants out.
What kind of trade value in picks could the Bengals get for the Red Rifle?

1st Rounder?
2nd Rounder?
Ham Sandwich?
Reply/Quote
Honestly...it's debateable if he could go to any other team in the league and start. He'd have to compete.

Maybe somewhere like Tenn? But, the bad teams will draft young QB's.

Chicago gets mentioned...but I don't know.

Probably a 4th Round pick?
Reply/Quote
It won't be much because Dalton's $16M contract is one that the Bengals will want to unload so they they'll end up taking what they can get since they'll be releasing him before the league year starts anyways. We really could end up getting zippo for Dalton.

Of course, if Finley gets hurt or tanks, Dalton could be starting again.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 07:28 PM)GreenDragon Wrote: After seeing Dalton's interview after he was benched, it's clear to me he wants out.
What kind of trade value in picks could the Bengals get for the Red Rifle?

1st Rounder?
2nd Rounder?
Ham Sandwich?
Cold hamburger and a coke? I hope he goes somewhere and is successful. It has been clear for a few years he wasn't going to be successful here. All in all I believe he is a good man but it was time for a change for him and the team.
Reply/Quote
They blew whatever chance they had of getting a desperate team to over pay for him. Teams are either going to draft a QB or maybe have better options in the off season.

To announce his benching just hours before the deadline was such a stupid bone headed Bengal move it’s hard to even comprehend. This team really is a freakin joke.
Reply/Quote
I say he demands a trade, that will hurt his value.

I think best a 2nd at worst a 3rd.

I hope he lands in a place like New England or Pittsburgh ad has a strong finish to his career. He gave his all to the city and the team and was disrespected by too many fans.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
It doesn't make sense for teams to give up much for a guy like Dalton. Where is he going to go and be anything more than a bridge QB? I say 3rd round pick with maybe a conditional pick thrown in for a sweetener at best.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 08:24 PM)TKUHL Wrote: They blew whatever chance they had of getting a desperate team to over pay for him. Teams are either going to draft a QB or maybe have better options in the off season.

To announce his benching just hours before the deadline was such a stupid bone headed Bengal move it’s hard to even comprehend. This team really is a freakin joke.

If he is on the trading block doesn't that mean he is being benched? I doubt some GM was sitting there getting ready to pull the trigger and changed his mind because of the announcement saying "we wanted a starting QB not a benched QB. Deals off!!!!
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 08:39 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I say he demands a trade, that will hurt his value.

I hope he lands in a place like New England or Pittsburgh ad has a strong finish to his career. He gave his all to the city and the team and was disrespected by too many fans.
You know your boy Dalton is gone. Old Mikey isn't paying him 17 million to hold a clip board. Zero picks for him. Why would a team give a second round pick for a QB they can pick off the junk heap for free?
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 09:18 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: You know your boy Dalton is gone. Old Mikey isn't paying him 17 million to hold a clip board. Zero picks for him. Why would a team give a second round pick for a QB they can pick off the junk heap for free?

Well If you trade Andy doesn't get to pick where he goes... that's the one advantage of trading... It just depends on what a team wants to do with Andy  if they want him as a backup no one is trading for him as a starter he has a very friendly deal for 2020 that might be worth it for a team to throw a pick our way..

Now saying that I doubt it will be anything higher than a 4th-5th come spring.   Might have gotten a 3rd or 2nd if traded him before the deadline
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 07:29 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Honestly...it's debateable if he could go to any other team in the league and start. He'd have to compete.

Maybe somewhere like Tenn? But, the bad teams will draft young QB's.

Chicago gets mentioned...but I don't know.

Probably a 4th Round pick?

Yes but not every QB  in the draft is ready to start right away...  Lots of teams use stop gap starters while building a team to support their new QB or getting their new QB ready. 

Or if they miss out on one of the top prospects that year.
Reply/Quote
Believe a 2nd easy and would have been a 1st if not benching

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I'd guess a 3rd or 4th. Depends on demand. There are a lot of quarterbacks coming out in this draft.
Reply/Quote
Tannehill and Flacco both brought in 4th round picks (Tannehill was a 7th and future 4th). I'd say he is probably in that 3rd/4th round range.
Reply/Quote
3rd(Comp)or 4th + 5th -7th for Dalton &7th
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
His value in a trade I do not know. What I DO know is that nothing pumps up a player's trade value like blaring from a megaphone that you're benching him for the foreseeable future. Yes, nothing whets the appetite of desperate franchises quite like a chorus of, "HEY GUYS, THIS GUY IS BENCHED. THIS AWESOME PLAYER WHO EVERYONE IN THE LEAGUE SHOULD BE MAKING TRADE OFFERS FOR? YEAH, WE'RE BENCHING HIM. HE'S GREAT AND ALL BUT WE WON'T COMMIT TO GIVING HIM MORE SNAPS. HE MAY NOT BE A PART OF OUR FUTURE PLANS BUT YOU SHOULD TOTALLY SHIP US SOME GREAT DRAFT PICKS FOR THIS AWESOME SPECIMEN OF A PLAYER."

Yup, the used car salesmen and grifters of the world should take notes. This is how it's done. 
Reply/Quote
If someone offers up a 2nd, I'd jump on it. I think he goes for a 3rd.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 12:57 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: His value in a trade I do not know. What I DO know is that nothing pumps up a player's trade value like blaring from a megaphone that you're benching him for the foreseeable future. Yes, nothing whets the appetite of desperate franchises quite like a chorus of, "HEY GUYS, THIS GUY IS BENCHED. THIS AWESOME PLAYER WHO EVERYONE IN THE LEAGUE SHOULD BE MAKING TRADE OFFERS FOR? YEAH, WE'RE BENCHING HIM. HE'S GREAT AND ALL BUT WE WON'T COMMIT TO GIVING HIM MORE SNAPS. HE MAY NOT BE A PART OF OUR FUTURE PLANS BUT YOU SHOULD TOTALLY SHIP US SOME GREAT DRAFT PICKS FOR THIS AWESOME SPECIMEN OF A PLAYER."

Yup, the used car salesmen and grifters of the world should take notes. This is how it's done. 

I don't think benching him will hurt his value. Maybe the picture will blur over the next eight games. Unless there is a GM with late term Alsheimers everyone knowns Andy's value, cold hamburger and a coke.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 08:39 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I say he demands a trade, that will hurt his value.

You hope he goes to Pittsburgh and has success??

Wow...some of you really are bigger Dalton fans than you are Bengals fans.

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 02:08 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: If someone offers up a 2nd, I'd jump on it. I think he goes for a 3rd.

Careful, I was told i should be traded to another fan base for saying I’d be really happy with a 2nd for Dalton.

Don’t want you to get traded, too...

Reply/Quote