Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trades in Hindsight
I was realizing after Oakland traded Gabe Jackson to the Seahawks, that Oakland had now traded away 3 OL.

G, Gabe Jackson (763.7 2020 PFF, 61.8 2019 PFF): Give 2021 5th round pick.
C, Rodney Hudson (73.6 2020 PFF, 71.0 2019 PFF): Give 2021 3rd round pick, get 2021 7th round pick.
T, Trent Brown (68.9 2020 PFF, 69.1 2019 PFF): Give 2022 5th round pick, get 2022 7th round pick.

All 3 plus a 2021 7th and 2022 7th in exchange for just a 2021 3rd, 5th, and 2022 5th.

Gabe Jackson: 2yr/$19.2m
Rodney Hudson: 2yr/$20.75m
Trent Brown: 1yr/$11m

- - - - - - -

Why didn't the Bengals get in on this? For very little draft capital and not a ton of cap space they could have protected Burrow for the next two years, which should be enough to develop some guys to replace them.

Sewell/Williams/Hudson/Jackson/Brown

That OL could certainly start for a winning team. Just frustrating. Do they even call around to try and find trades? Or is their tiny Brown/Blackburn-centric FO just incapable of multitasking and hunting down and negotiating good deals?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I guess the Bengals just aren't that interested in trading picks for overpriced, washed up, aging lineman.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 10:14 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I was realizing after Oakland traded Gabe Jackson to the Seahawks, that Oakland had now traded away 3 OL.

G, Gabe Jackson (763.7 2020 PFF, 61.8 2019 PFF): Give 2021 5th round pick.
C, Rodney Hudson (73.6 2020 PFF, 71.0 2019 PFF): Give 2021 3rd round pick, get 2021 7th round pick.
T, Trent Brown (68.9 2020 PFF, 69.1 2019 PFF): Give 2022 5th round pick, get 2022 7th round pick.

All 3 plus a 2021 7th and 2022 7th in exchange for just a 2021 3rd, 5th, and 2022 5th.

Gabe Jackson: 2yr/$19.2m
Rodney Hudson: 2yr/$20.75m
Trent Brown: 1yr/$11m

- - - - - - -

Why didn't the Bengals get in on this? For very little draft capital and not a ton of cap space they could have protected Burrow for the next two years, which should be enough to develop some guys to replace them.

Sewell/Williams/Hudson/Jackson/Brown

That OL could certainly start for a winning team. Just frustrating. Do they even call around to try and find trades? Or is their tiny Brown/Blackburn-centric FO just incapable of multitasking and hunting down and negotiating good deals?

Come on, at least don't assume we would trade for all three of them. We don't even have 2 fifth round picks do we?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 10:33 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Come on, at least don't assume we would trade for all three of them. We don't even have 2 fifth round picks do we?

One is a 2021 5th, the other is a 2022 5th.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 10:36 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: One is a 2021 5th, the other is a 2022 5th.

Picture I tried to insert that kept breaking
Reply/Quote
Unless the Bengals' brain trust believed Wilson was a lost cause, the trade they should have made was with the Titans. All Miami had to do was exchange 7th round picks over the next two drafts with them.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 11:42 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: Unless the Bengals' brain trust believed Wilson was a lost cause, the trade they should have made was with the Titans.  All Miami had to do was exchange 7th round picks over the next two drafts with them.

I wouldn't have been mad about a trade for Wilson, BUT I would not trust that route as fixing our Tackle spot at all.
Reply/Quote
Yeah right, let's build a line out of players that were traded away for scraps.

What could possibly be wrong with that plan?
Reply/Quote
A couple of issues here. Hudson wanted out of Vegas because he was frustrated and wanted a chance to win. They agreed to get him out so he could, my guess is they asked him about being cool with going to Arizona, I doubt he was okay with coming to a team in the top 5 of the draft. Trent Brown was in a similar situation, he wanted to get back to NE so he goes there and straight up lowers his salary to help them out.

You could say, players don't have a choice but the reality is Brown only had a year on the deal and Hudson could retire so in the end it would have been a year of disgruntled players and then potentially nothing. The other issue is 30 million in salary isn't exactly nothing, and back to the other point they weren't necessarily going to do you any favors in helping on the cap numbers. This isn't Madden and there are actual personalities at play in these things, so while on paper they can make sense there are some serious hurdles to ideas like this.
Reply/Quote
If they sign Reiff, I think everyone would be pretty happy having added a (likely for here) RT and have the draft to add a quality G. Sign GollaDEY and that would completely open up the draft at #5.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 09:07 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: If they sign Reiff, I think everyone would be pretty happy having added a (likely for here) RT and have the draft to add a quality G. Sign GollaDEY and that would completely open up the draft at #5.

We're gonna need it opened up because I think will Fuller to Miami leads to them snatching Sewell up at number 3.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 10:45 AM)jason Wrote: We're gonna need it opened up because I think will Fuller to Miami leads to them snatching Sewell up at number 3.

Good point
Reply/Quote