Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trading McCarron will require...
.. at least a 1st round pick.

Quote:On the veteran QB market: If the #Bengals are going to trade AJ McCarron it will require a 1st round pick -- at least. Pretty unlikely.

@Rapsheet
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Mike and mike referenced him this morning. He was quoted as saying something along the lines of being at peace with the situation. Sounds like he's going nowhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2017, 10:25 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Mike and mike referenced him this morning.  He was quoted as saying something along the lines of being at peace with the situation.  Sounds like he's going nowhere

Who knows, maybe the bengals use him as leverage to trade up or trade back into the first! Letting it known that he is available... At least lets me know it's possible
Reply/Quote
I think it could still happen but unlikely.

Considering it's a weak draft class for QBs I think McCarron is a safer pick for a QB then the rookies honestly. A first round pick is steep but there are going to be coaches who need to win now or else they might not have a job next year.
Reply/Quote
Is a 1st Round pick a steep price? 40% of 1st Round picks never become a starter.

IF a team really believes in McCarron...trading a mid-1st Round pick isn't that bad.

We got decent return for Palmer in Kirkpatrick and Bernard...but it's not like either were Pro Bowl players.
Reply/Quote
As long as he doesn't end up in our division I'm all for using him as a trade chip.
Reply/Quote
I have said the whole time, I think he ends up going for a early 2nd or late 1st as the QBs come off the board. As fans we want a run on QB's early, and hope that a team in the late 1st who wanted to snag a QB like the Broncos last year decides McCaron is better than who is on the board currently.

Picks to watch:
25, 27, 32, 33, 39, 42
Reply/Quote
We got a lot for Palmer from Hue in 2011.

Who says we won't get something from Hue in 2017?

Trading isn't his strong suit.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2017, 10:43 AM)Au165 Wrote: I have said the whole time, I think he ends up going for a early 2nd or late 1st as the QBs come off the board.

I have no idea if AJ will get traded.  If he really will just be a restricted free agent after this season then I highly doubt he gets traded.

But if he does get traded it will not happen until the actual day of the draft when teams see which QBs will be available when.  Teams do very unpredictable things when it comes to drafting QBs.  Not a single expert predicted that locker, Gabbert, and Ponder would all go in the first 10 picks of the 11 draft.  I'd love to see something like that happen again.
Reply/Quote
A.J. McCarron - QB - Bengals
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Bengals want a first-round pick "at least" for A.J. McCarron.
In other words, the Bengals do not want to trade A.J. McCarron. Scheduled to be a restricted free agent (pending arbitration) after this season, McCarron is under cheap team control for the next two years, so the Bengals have zero incentive to move him for anything less than their price. He will sit behind Andy Dalton for at least another season.
Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter Apr 25 - 9:48 AM

I will be happy to see ajm trade talk cease for awhile. I hope at least a weeks worth at some point after the draft.

Reply/Quote
I know I am going out on a limb here, but if AJ McCarron is not traded during the draft, like Fred is saying, He will be OUR QB as in Starter very soon.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2017, 10:52 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I have no idea if AJ will get traded.  If he really will just be a restricted free agent after this season then I highly doubt he gets traded.

But if he does get traded it will not happen until the actual day of the draft when teams see which QBs will be available when.  Teams do very unpredictable things when it comes to drafting QBs.  Not a single expert predicted that locker, Gabbert, and Ponder would all go in the first 10 picks of the 11 draft.  I'd love to see something like that happen again.

I agree, hence the rest of my post that says if a run occurs watch those picks.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2017, 11:05 AM)Marlon23 Wrote: I know I am going out on a limb here, but if AJ McCarron is not traded during the draft, like Fred is saying, He will be OUR QB as in Starter very soon.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL......no.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2017, 11:05 AM)Marlon23 Wrote: I know I am going out on a limb here, but if AJ McCarron is not traded during the draft, like Fred is saying, He will be OUR QB as in Starter very soon.

Maybe if Andy goes down with like a Teddy Bridgewater kind of injury.. (hopefully not).
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
I just hope the team knows what the hell their doing. Would not be surprised if we find a way to screw this up. If we keep him and the players union,lawyers etc. do decide he will be a FA instead of RFA at the end of the season I will lose my mind. So if he is in fact a RFA I think it's a smart move. If he's not, better get what you can for him now.
Reply/Quote
If I were the boss, AJ would cost another team more than what the Pats want for Jimmy G. AJ has proven he can win a playoff game (the defense emotional exploits lost it for him). If I recall correctly all those great backups the Pats have dealt before went on to have average careers at best (obviously Billy B knew what they were and got more than they were worth). 1st and a third this year and next years first too boot!
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2017, 11:29 AM)milksheikh Wrote: Maybe if Andy goes down with like a Teddy Bridgewater kind of injury.. (hopefully not).

I hope not as well, however, if Andy does not get it done this year I think coaches and staff will start looking at AJ as a competing QB as opposed of a Backup ONLY.  I truly think going into training camp next year if he is still here and we are not winning a change will be made along the lines of more competition for Andy, and after that happens it might be only a matter of time. Do you have a nice run down of Andy's contract can they be out of it at the end of this year?  Perhaps Mike Brown will trade him instead of AJ, cause AJ comes cheaper?  Sounds like something Brown might do...

POTENTIAL OUT: 2018, 4 YR, $49,286,027; $2,400,000 DEAD CAP
Reply/Quote

you think our line will be that bad?
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2017, 02:59 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: you think our line will be that bad?

lol...  I like to know more details bout Andy's 6 year contract to be honest..  if there is an option going into the 4th year..  
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2017, 11:17 AM)Au165 Wrote: LOLOLOLOLOLOL......no.

I was listening to the Chris Spielman (sp?) Show on fox sports and he mentioned this exact scenario. He said, paraphrasing here, that if the Bengals don't make the playoffs again or go 1 and done he would not be surprised to see the Bengals shopping Dalton during the draft next year and going with AJ.

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote