Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Thank you for a Great Draft Season
(04-27-2017, 09:49 AM)milksheikh Wrote: Started with Reuben Foster...

Probably Derek Barnett now... Did you guys know that Derek Barnett had more sacks than Myles Garrett and more percentage of Derek Barnett's sacks, hits, and hurries were against elite competition?

Did know that. Barnett is a fine pass rusher and would be fine with the pick on that alone.

But if we don't go that route there are still very good pass rushers that can stop the run in the 2nd and 3rd and i think
the FO feels the same way. This is why i would not reach for an End at 9 that would not be a 3 down lineman.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 09:44 AM)Au165 Wrote: ....why does it matter it was a female campus parking cop? You ever deal with them before? I knew plenty of guys who got into arguments and did similar things to campus parking enforcement. They may actually be the most hated group on any college campus haha.

Ain't that the truth. LMAO

Fun fact, I got so many tickets and tows in college, I lowered my car so far, you couldn't tow it without removing the bumpers. Tongue

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Foster is overrated, and not to mention that we normally only play 3 backers most of the time.

Receivers are a dime a dozen.

You can never have too many pass rushers, but there's no pass rushers that are head-and-shoulders above everyone else and there's not a sure thing.

That leaves OJ Howard, a great blocker and an unbelievable receiver that was underutilized at Bama. He'll take our offense to the next level.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 05:14 AM)Storer50 Wrote: I started with Corey Davis, now thinking John Ross.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I saw his highlight tape (Corey Davis) and it was one of the best highlight tapes I've ever seen. He sticks out so much, how he ruins away from people, at 6'3" .... Man, I'm telling you, if the Bengals get Corey Davis, I will be PUMPED! he is going to be good, as long as he ends up with an organization that has a top 15 quarterback...Dalton would make him shine.
Shop my store for Awesome Bengal-Style and Various Graphic T-Shirts!
http://www.cincyfanatics.com
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 09:07 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This is a cool topic, Shady.

I liked Dalvin Cook early, before I got wind of the character issues.  No first round pick for me, even if we slid to the lower half of the first round.  He's supremely talented, but I am done with headaches.  

I always liked Ross.

Never liked Foster.  I don't think I would like any of this draft class of LBs in Rd 1, but I sure don't want a damaged goods guy from Bama with a serious attitude and potentially drug problem.

I also hated the idea of Mixon from day 1.  I understand he broke four bones in that girl's face three years ago, but it was almost a "hidden punishment".  He never really had to deal with the media and face the music until this year and his camp says "well, that was three years ago".  And after he ripped up a parking ticket and threw it in the face of a female campus parking monitor, it just shows me that he has aggression towards women and thinks he is above everyone else.  I don't even want this shitbag in the 7th round.  

I'm 100% with you on Mixon and feel the same way about the parking incident. Don't know that her being a woman had anything to do with it (and I understand the anger towards parking monitors as much as the next guy) but to me it clearly shows the kid has a real problem controlling his anger. That is not something that goes away but will just keep rearing its ugly head. Maybe not often but best case scenario I see him having a dozen little incidents like pacman through his career. I don't want anything to do with him.

As far as who I liked early on, it was Foster and Barnett. I soured a bit on Foster with the signing of Minter and Fosters drug test and blow up at the combine, but he's still a great player and I could get behind the pick. Same with Barnett except Ive gone back and forth on if he's top 10 worthy. 

Biggest difference between now and then for me is I will be happy with more possibilities than I was early on. When I would have been happy with only a few of the players. We should get a good one tonight 
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 01:55 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Foster is overrated, and not to mention that we normally only play 3 backers most of the time.  

Receivers are a dime a dozen.

You can never have too many pass rushers, but there's no pass rushers that are head-and-shoulders above everyone else and there's not a sure thing.

That leaves OJ Howard, a great blocker and an unbelievable receiver that was underutilized at Bama. He'll take our offense to the next level.

the scouting report I believe said howard was less than a stellar blocker...  but was a great athlete.     could always get Butt later maybe
Reply/Quote
I want OJ Howard!
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 02:47 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: the scouting report I believe said howard was less than a stellar blocker...  but was a great athlete.     could always get Butt later maybe

I'm rolling out the door but this was the first one that popped up in my search engine for evaluation on his blocking:

Quote:Strengths
  • Blocking – In terms of the transition period from the collegiate level to the NFL, Howard is an above-average blocker. He’s gained plenty of reps in this part of the game at Alabama, where head coach Nick Saban institutes a run-heavy offense.

He was used more in blocking at Bama and was underutilized as a receiver, which I mentioned in my previous post.
Reply/Quote
Mike Williams, we better hope we grab him, if he lands in our division with another team (Stoolers), he will cause us major disruption right out of the gate.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 09:44 AM)Au165 Wrote: ....why does it matter it was a female campus parking cop? You ever deal with them before? I knew plenty of guys who got into arguments and did similar things to campus parking enforcement. They may actually be the most hated group on any college campus haha.

You may have been joking with your response, but when you have committed a crime against a woman and you are trying to show you don't have anger/respect issues with women, it matters a lot. 
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 11:16 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: You may have been joking with your response, but when you have committed a crime against a woman and you are trying to show you don't have anger/respect issues with women, it matters a lot. 

No not really. It could have easily been a male cop. Unless there is something that was said pointing out some sort of hate in his speech towards women its simply drawing the conclusion people want to find.
Reply/Quote